Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

celticnoodle 
Citizen

My towering story is when it began to show up for me in readings I received from others about 2 and a half to 3yrs. ago. I also was told numerous times leading up to the tower moment by my guides that I needed to be prepared for a life changing event that was necessary for me to go through.

Be prepared! I kept hearing. but I had no idea what to expect. Then, I had a major fall out with some extended family members. It took me completely by surprise, and was truly a towering time for me. Two years later, I'm finally coming to terms with it, but still somewhat estranged from them all and I think always will be as a result of what happened.

However, I too, can see that it was a necessary thing to be, just as my guides told me it would be. I've learned a lot from it and have received a great amount as a result too. It was, as was predicted for me, a very necessary change for me.
celticnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #31
Nalini 
Citizen

Post breakup of a very serious relationship the Tower card came up in every read, even if the questions were not pertaining to that specific situation!
Nalini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #32
wulzcat 
Citizen

I have had the Tower come up twice last month in regard to relationships (I am single), and I read it in both instances as telling me that I had to climb down out of my tower if I was to have a proper relationship. I saw myself as Rapunzel sitting up in my Tower, with my 'other' self as the witch preventing any men from coming close! Just me being very overly defensive when it comes to love. So I needed to break my tower down. I am still working on that, but breaking down a much-cherished tower is quite a tower experience in itself! Also perhaps me being afraid that my world will come apart if I allow myself to be vulnerable.
wulzcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #33
ShinyAeon 
Resident

I get the Tower a lot. I have a very bad addiction to staying in my comfort zone, even if it's the most uncomfortable comfort zone you can imagine. So I'll get the Tower, and I know exactly what it's referring to, and I really want to get out of the situation before the impending explosion, but...somehow the world outside those stone walls seems far more terrifying than the world inside, no matter how bad it's become. So I delay and delay, waiting until the scenery looks a little bit better, and until I feel a little bit readier, and then BOOM...too late. Recently I got the Devil and the Tower in positions that seems to clearly say "giving in to your base impulses will get you another explosive wake-up call." It seems a little more like clear and followable advice; perhaps that will help.

But to me the Tower is never "unexpected" disaster; I always know the storm is coming...I just can't seem to get my rear in gear fast enough to get out of its way.
ShinyAeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #34
nisaba 
Tarot-Tart

The 1987 stock market crash (which lost me my income, and shortly afterwards my house).

Two car accidents, both the fault of other people who went through lights and/or stop-signs. One of those accidents revealed to my companion that his father was having an affair, making it much, much worse for him.

Acts of violence on the part of my Evil Stepson.

An earthquake only a few hundred kilometres north of me, damaging a friend's house.

(For a client) getting run over.

For another client: leaving the reading telling me I was wrong, and that nothing could possibly happen in her oh-so-perfect life, to go home and be told that her adoring husband is leaving her for another woman.

Dropping the deck that had just given me the Tower in a muddy puddle of water!

Life is a holy moment, a brief flash of sentience in the sacred abyss.

Nisaba: Beautiful, and Fabulously Twisted.
nisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #35
LaRazia 
Citizen

- my father died.

Last edited by LaRazia; 18-04-2012 at 22:02.
LaRazia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #36
Kgirl 
Citizen

Tower was popping up all the over the place recently which terrified me because at the time I was awaiting the most important news of my life! (LOL) ... fortunately the Tower didn't effect that news but in the space of one week:

1. my uncle passed away
2. there was an attempted break-in at my house
3. a serious and unexpected problem with my car

So yeah ... that darn Tower
Kgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #37
DownUnderNZer 
Time Traveller

Tower

Just got it...so either it will be DOOM or BOOM...will have to UPDATE.
I am hoping it is positive just not quite in the light I asked my TAROT question....but looks like something is going to give.
DownUnderNZer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #38
Sharysa 
Resident

My Tower story was a little over two weeks ago.

I auditioned for my hometown's production of Spring Awakening, had a WHOLE lot of suspiciously divine help to get there, and then tanked the audition due to paralyzing stage fright that I haven't felt in YEARS. I was begging the Morrigan for a second chance, which she granted me on the condition that I think about why I needed one.

So I started using my Tarot deck asking whether I'd get cast in SA, and the card representing my question was the Tower; I looked at it for a moment, then heard it tell me: "Your family will never accept your choices."

I thought, "But if I get cast in a ****-awesome musical, they... might!" At which I realized that 1) I'd been hoping that for the past five years, and 2) I could either be happy or be accepted, but not both.

I'd always hoped that I wouldn't be one of those actors who had to choose between their family and their happiness, but it turns out I am.

But it wasn't an complete explosion, since I do genuinely want the role. I just had to get rid of the weaker reason.
Sharysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #39
ShinyAeon 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharysa View Post
I'd always hoped that I wouldn't be one of those actors who had to choose between their family and their happiness, but it turns out I am.
I'm new here, but may I offer you a hug? ...and congratulations on getting the part. And on achieving your happiness despite unfair choices being forced upon you.

For all its direness, the Tower is a harbinger of good things...even if they come wrapped in suckiness. I think a good motto for it could be "Not Another Learning Experience...."
ShinyAeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #40
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today