Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Osho Zen Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Stoozor 
Resident

I saw this card come up in the situations where someone is overestimated, where someone is considered as a master when they shouldn't.

I explain.

The Master occupies the position of the fool : 0 and 22.
As someone has already said, this position is the position of the fool who has just finished a journey and who is about to start another one.
It symbolizes someone who has attained a good level of consciousness but still has a lot to learn. In a way, isn't what Rajneesh was? Theoretically, he was a good teacher, but practically, he was far from being a zen master.

I did a relationship spread for a friend I held in very high esteem. My personal card was The Innocence, while her personal card was The Master. What was on my side of the spread was positive and worthy (or about to be) of the man on the Innocence card, while what she had on her side wasn't worthy of a good master (Morale, Schizophrenia, Politics). From what I saw, she had things to learn from me through our relationship and those were the kind of things that someone I held in so high esteem should already have known.

It also came up as the "Problem" card for a friend of mind who thinks that she doesn't really deserve the fame she has. People admire her and think she so great because she is like The Rebel. She doesn't like being overestimated because she knows that people will end up being disappointed when the illusion fades away.

Last edited by Stoozor; 22-11-2009 at 08:29.
Stoozor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #21
Fostha 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoozor
I saw this card come up in the situations where someone is overestimated, where someone is considered as a master when they shouldn't.

I explain.

The Master occupies the position of the fool : 0 and 22.
As someone has already said, this position is the position of the fool who has just finished a journey and who is about to start another one.
It symbolizes someone who has attained a good level of consciousness but still has a lot to learn. In a way, isn't what Rajneesh was? Theoretically, he was a good teacher, but practically, he was far from being a zen master.

I did a relationship spread for a friend I held in very high esteem. My personal card was The Innocence, while her personal card was The Master. What was on my side of the spread was positive and worthy (or about to be) of the man on the Innocence card, while what she had on her side wasn't worthy of a good master (Morale, Schizophrenia, Politics). From what I saw, she had things to learn from me through our relationship and those were the kind of things that someone I held in so high esteem should already have known.

It also came up as the "Problem" card for a friend of mind who thinks that she doesn't really deserve the fame she has. People admire her and think she so great because she is like The Rebel. She doesn't like being overestimated because she knows that people will end up being disappointed when the illusion fades away.
Hi Stoozor,if you post this reading on "your readings",im sure many others will throw their tuppence worth in on it,and give you some bright ideas on this spread. Osho-zen is one of my decks too.(i feel like i know you already)

Old 22-11-2009 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #22
Sanctum_Priest 
Citizen

I've only just got this deck so I can't claim to be an expert, but my first impression having read the above is that it can really only be used for self awareness and not for "reading" where you're trying to identify other people/events. I know I'm saying this because I'm more interested in the psychological aspects of tarot, but what greater truth do you need than the advice at the top of this thread: "The Master In Zen is not a master over others but a master of himself."

Old 13-04-2010 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #23
rubes 
Resident

Wow, it's been a long time since anyone's posted in this thread (and a long time since I've been here). What interesting and insightful comments.

I am so touched by this deck - it resonates so well with me and my readings. And yet, I too have had great trouble with the Master card. I'd always wanted to see it as self-mastery, but knowing the truth of Osho and the nonsense he perpetuated, I simply can't. It simply doesn't work. Removing it felt for a long time somehow dishonorable!? I gave this deck away years ago (moving, and had to lighten up) and am purchasing it again. I love it. I just do. So, this is what I've come to. I'm the reader. I could draw 10,000 pictures and decide for myself what they mean. Given that, I am choosing to remove the card and loosening up my hesitation and insecurity about it. Allowing myself to feel somehow I "shouldn't" remove it is just allowing that same propaganda/fear to unsettle me. Bless him wherever he is, but I don't want his "personage" in my deck. There's fully all in these cards, and whatever goodness he DID give to the world must be reflected anyway, so no loss.

I'd love to hear if any of you have come to any other conclusions about this since you wrote.

Bless, rubes

Happy HolyDays all

Old 08-04-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #24
Zezina 
Citizen

It really seems significant that rubes has just re-opened this thread that has lain fallow for two years. Because my Osho Zen Tarot deck arrived in our letterbox this week and I just had time to look quickly through the deck and enjoy its beautiful card-backs. Then I looked up Osho Zen on Google and watched a video of Osho Zen himself, which I found disturbing.

Then I came away for couple of days, leaving my new Osho Zen Tarot deck at home.

And now, this thread re-opened just in time for me to read it. I think this thread and my new deck must surely be a part of my own journey of understanding.

N'a rien.'
- Quote from Madame Zezina, cartomancienne française, 1959

Last edited by Zezina; 08-04-2012 at 09:22.
Zezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #25
fyreflye 
Not Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubes View Post
...I too have had great trouble with the Master card. I'd always wanted to see it as self-mastery, but knowing the truth of Osho and the nonsense he perpetuated, I simply can't. It simply doesn't work.
What do you actually know about Osho other than the propaganda you've read or heard about him? Why do you think it's the "truth"? Why do you think it's "nonsense"?

Quote:
Allowing myself to feel somehow I "shouldn't" remove it is just allowing that same propaganda/fear to unsettle me.
Isn't removing the Master card also allowing propaganda and fear to unsettle you? Remove the card if you wish, but he's in every other card of the deck as well.

Old 10-04-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #26
Masa 
Citizen

I'm so glad I found this thread. I think this is the most aesthetically beautiful deck I've ever seen, but I'm from Oregon, too. I hadn't realized Osho and Rajneesh were the same person. Egad.

- "Song of Myself," Walt Whitman
Masa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #27
missy 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Rose View Post
"The Master in Zen is not a master over others, but a master of himself. His every gesture and his every word reflect his enlightened state."Osho Zen Tarot, by Osho

I like seeing this card as self-mastery. Self-control is one of the Fruits of the Spirit in Galatians, which I connect to this card.

I read through this thread, but since I am not as involved in the debate here, I will say that what rang true to me is what was posted about this card having to do about one being a master of oneself.

I have just now received my deck and have done my first reading with it. This was the very first card I pulled.

I like this card. I have no problems with this card. But I am not reading anything into this card, as in, this card does not symbolize any person to ME personally.

What does it mean to me? What Indigo Rose posted.

So for me, it was very, very helpful in this reading, because in fact I am in a real struggle right now, and I do need help with this concept. Mastery of oneself.

I like the figure on the card, as he reminds me of Gandalf in the moonlight. Again, I don't have a point of reference, but I don't want to get involved in the issues behind these cards; I just want to enjoy the cards for what they are.

Old 30-08-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #28