Saturn & Moon, North Node & Jupiter - A Cursed Life?

Nalini

Hi!

I have a few questions and would be greatful if someone would be kind enough to take a look and help.

My details are:

DOB: 27th September, 1972
TOB: 13:30 hrs
POB: Kolkata, India (lat/long: 22°34′10.92″N / 88°22′10.92″E)

According to one astrologer (who charged a bomb) follower of Vedic Natal Chart, Moon and Saturn are in the same house, while Jupiter and North Node of the Moon (Rahu) is also in another same house. Both conditions interpreted as the ‘curses’ that plays havoc where relationships and/or marriage is concerned. No natal chart was provided. Also mentioned that if there is any marriage at all (faint chance after 27th September 2014), I might end up with a younger partner who might be from the profession of medicine, a consultant or entrepreneur. Conjugal life is going to be a strained affair with constant ego clashes.

May not have children or giving birth might be difficult.

Another also follower of Vedic astrology predicted (also did not provide any natal chart) that starting from October 2012 - December 2013 marriage seems like a high possibility, with the initial months of next year being the most promising months (especialy after 21st March 2013). He predicted that marriage is going to be long lasting and happy provided I work at it. Also might give birth to a smart girl!

Yet another who follows the soli-lunar calendar predicted when Saturn arrives in new moon in the fall of 2013 there is a strong possibility of relationship leading to marriage. He mentioned that Saturn is in harmony with Venus in my natal chart which implies that I need strength in my commitments (in actuality my commitment has never been an issue, just the reverse in fact). Also, that within a marital relationship there will be a lot of expectations, disappointments and illusions.

I have no knowledge of astrology but did a Western Chart where it shows that Ascendant in Capricorn, Saturn in the Fifth House which implies that (Saturn) will present many disappointments and problems in love affairs and I will be attracted to persons who are not easily within reach (which has been true so far).

Venus in the Seventh House implies a promise of a happy marital relationship with a very attractive, lovely, and pleasing person. That there is a potential to derive both emotional and financial gain through this connection.

Sun in the Ninth House implies may be most happy with a younger partner, someone who will respond to tenderness as much as passion and who can also match my abundant energies.

All this is very confusing as well as contradictory and is quite spooky, thus completely stressing me out.

My basic questions are will or won't I get married? If yes, when and to whom, what kind of relationship will it be?. What are the possibilities of having (healthy) child/children and when?

Can provide a chart which was generated on astro.com if it will make things any easier. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Another point that might be of importance, according to Vedic astrology I've been told that my Moon Sign is Taurus.

Minderwiz

I've attached a copy of Nalini's chart in Western format.

As Nalini has referred to her vedic Astrologers, I've also attached a sample Vedic chart for her, which can be used solely as a reference to follow her post (unless we have anyone who wishes to do a vedic interpretation). I've made one guess here and one alteration. Vedic Astrologers, use a sideral zodiac - 'a' rather than 'the' as there are a variety of ayanamsa's or offsets from the tropical zodiac - I've taken one but I've no idea if it was the one originally used. However I think all of them are will produce an Ascendant in Sagittarius. As Vedic Astrologers use the Whole Sign House system, I'm sure that the chart here is the one that was produced with only a minor difference in ascendant.

The alteration is that I've presented it as a Western Style circular chart, rather than the Vedic and Traditional Western square chart.

Attachments

• Nalini Natal.PNG
    Nalini Natal.PNG
    37.2 KB · Views: 174
  • Nalini NatalVedic.png
    Nalini NatalVedic.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 163

Nalini

Minderwiz,

Thanks so much for preparing my charts and posting them. Hope others as well as you will kindly take a look and express opinions based on your vast experience, knowledge and wisdom.

Minderwiz

SomeInitial Comments

Hi!

According to one astrologer (who charged a bomb) follower of Vedic Natal Chart, Moon and Saturn are in the same house, while Jupiter and North Node of the Moon (Rahu) is also in another same house. Both conditions interpreted as the ‘curses’ that plays havoc where relationships and/or marriage is concerned. No natal chart was provided. Also mentioned that if there is any marriage at all (faint chance after 27th September 2014), I might end up with a younger partner who might be from the profession of medicine, a consultant or entrepreneur. Conjugal life is going to be a strained affair with constant ego clashes.

May not have children or giving birth might be difficult.

In Western Astrology the North Node (Caput Draconis) is seen as being fortunate (it is seen as having the characteristics of Jupiter and Venus). In an approach which uses whole sign house (such as Hellenistic Astrology in the West and Vedic Astrology) both of these would be in your first House and so bring fortune not problems. In a Western quadrant system the North Node is conjunct you Ascendant but Jupiter is in the twelfth House. The downside of this is that the South Node, which is seen as unfortunate, is conjunct the Descendant, the cusp of the House of marriage.

Saturn and the Moon are in the fifth House but are not conjunct (though they would be seen as such in the Whole Sign approach, as it is the signs which determine the aspects, not the planets (any planets in the same sign are treated as conjunct by definition).

Applying a traditional Western Approach, marriage will be seen as indicated by (for a woman) Sun, Mars, the Lord of the Seventh and the sign on it's cusp and any planet in it. Their placement and condition (especially whether they were in fruitful signs or not) would indicate the possibility of marriage, For you Sun in Libra is in it's Fall but in a neutral sign, Mars in Virgo is in a barren sign. The Moon is ruler of the seventh cusp and is a fruitful planet (though in Gemini, a barren sign) and the only planet in the seventh is Venus, a fruitful planet but in a barren sign (Leo) This would tend to support the view that marriage will not be easy. A rough estimate of when is given by the position of the Sun, which being in an occidental (Western) quadrant, suggests that you will be mature rather than young. It also suggests that your husband is also likely to be of a similar age or a little older (this might well be an issue of social norms though)

In Lilly's phrase, 'the stars incline, they do not compel' - in other words Astrology might indicate an inclination but it does not determine the outcome. So you can change things - if you so desire.

Whether there will be children is indicated by the signs on the cusps of the fifth House(which rules children) the eleventh House (the house of good fortune) and the first House (your physical body). The fifth has Gemini on the cusp ( barren sign) and Saturn in the house (a barren planet in a barren sign) The Moon is also in the fifth and the Moon is a fruitful planet (though in a baren sign). The eleventh cusp is in Sagittarius which is a neutral sign and the Ascendant in Capricorn another barren sign though the North Node conjunct the Ascendant is fruitful.

That again tends to agree with the Vedic reading BUT remember Astrology inclines..it does not compel. What's more the Traditional Western approach and the Vedic approach were born in periods where there was little that could be done to correct and problems - today we have many fertility treatments and wit two double signs involved, there is no reason why you might not have more than one child.

Nalini said:
Another also follower of Vedic astrology predicted (also did not provide any natal chart) that starting from October 2012 - December 2013 marriage seems like a high possibility, with the initial months of next year being the most promising months (especialy after 21st March 2013). He predicted that marriage is going to be long lasting and happy provided I work at it. Also might give birth to a smart girl!

Yet another who follows the soli-lunar calendar predicted when Saturn arrives in new moon in the fall of 2013 there is a strong possibility of relationship leading to marriage. He mentioned that Saturn is in harmony with Venus in my natal chart which implies that I need strength in my commitments (in actuality my commitment has never been an issue, just the reverse in fact). Also, that within a marital relationship there will be a lot of expectations, disappointments and illusions.

I've not looked at the forecasting side in this post but I'll do that in a separate post over the next few days.

Nalini said:
I have no knowledge of astrology but did a Western Chart where it shows that Ascendant in Capricorn, Saturn in the Fifth House which implies that (Saturn) will present many disappointments and problems in love affairs and I will be attracted to persons who are not easily within reach (which has been true so far).

Venus in the Seventh House implies a promise of a happy marital relationship with a very attractive, lovely, and pleasing person. That there is a potential to derive both emotional and financial gain through this connection.

Sun in the Ninth House implies may be most happy with a younger partner, someone who will respond to tenderness as much as passion and who can also match my abundant energies.

All this is very confusing as well as contradictory and is quite spooky, thus completely stressing me out.

If you got the Western reading from a website it's almost certainly computer generated and looks at te chart in a very piecemeal way.

Nalini said:
My basic questions are will or won't I get married? If yes, when and to whom, what kind of relationship will it be?. What are the possibilities of having (healthy) child/children and when?

P.S. Another point that might be of importance, according to Vedic astrology I've been told that my Moon Sign is Taurus.

In my view Astrology is not deterministic. Whether you get married or not depends on you, and indeed the availability of suitable candidates - given the strong melancholic streak in you temperament, you might well spend too much time thinking about the issue. Don't worry about it but if you are really concerned try a dating agency or social websites. Remember you are in charge of your life. Be positive!

Will you have healthy children? Again this will be determined by you and modern medical practices. Your input will be keeping yourself healthy, finding a suitable mate and the strength of your determination to have children. To the extent that there are health or medical issues there is the possibility of good supporting services, which didn't exist 50 years ago, let alone 2,000 years ago.

Your Moon sign would be Taurus in a Vedic chart - there's a difference between the Aries point of the Vedic Zodiac and the Western Tropical Zodiac. In essence Vedic (and other sidereal) Astrologers calculate an adjustment which would bring the zodiac back to a point where it is in line with the constellation of Aries, rather than in line with the March Equinox. Nearly 2000 years of drift puts the two zodiacs about 25degrees or so different.

In the Tropical Zodiac, your Moon is in the next sign of Gemini but only just at 1 degree 40 minutes.

I'm not telling you your chart is rosy when it comes to marriage and children but what I am telling you is that if you choose to live your life in the confines of your chart then you will throw away real chances of happiness. The chart shows what 'fate' has dealt you but it's up to you to make the best of what you have and that can take you a long way, much further than those who seem to have a better chart but choose not to do much with what they have.

Nalini

Thanks a ton Minderwiz for the effort which you've put in here and taken the time to explain things.

In Lilly's phrase, 'the stars incline, they do not compel' - in other words Astrology might indicate an inclination but it does not determine the outcome. So you can change things - if you so desire.

Agreed that astrology can reveal our personal maps, based on which we can perhaps try and decide which route to take and/or avoid.

Whether there will be children is indicated by the signs on the cusps of the fifth House(which rules children) the eleventh House (the house of good fortune) and the first House (your physical body). The fifth has Gemini on the cusp ( barren sign) and Saturn in the house (a barren planet in a barren sign) The Moon is also in the fifth and the Moon is a fruitful planet (though in a baren sign). The eleventh cusp is in Sagittarius which is a neutral sign and the Ascendant in Capricorn another barren sign though the North Node conjunct the Ascendant is fruitful.

That again tends to agree with the Vedic reading BUT remember Astrology inclines..it does not compel. What's more the Traditional Western approach and the Vedic approach were born in periods where there was little that could be done to correct and problems - today we have many fertility treatments and wit two double signs involved, there is no reason why you might not have more than one child.

Once again very correct, in times when astrology came into being and developed the concept of IVF etc., was unthinkable. Only few days back a news reported a woman in Mexico gave birth to 9 children at a go, she was on fertility treatment.

I've not looked at the forecasting side in this post but I'll do that in a separate post over the next few days.

I'll be soooooooo looking forward to it. Well understand that it is a time consuming process and much goes into it. Wanted to let you know that I'm very thankful indeed.

If you got the Western reading from a website it's almost certainly computer generated and looks at te chart in a very piecemeal way.

You are bang on! For someone with my calibre the maximum that I can do is key in the details in sites like astro.com etc., and read whatever is churned out.

Nalini

Someone has offered his insight and interpretation after taking a look at my natal chart, thought of posting it here. Not only in the hope of others commenting on it but also for those who are learners and likes to debate things among themselves. In other words putting myself under the microscope voluntarily. :)

According to your D-1 chart (Birth chart)
1. 7th house (house of spouse) is in Rahu Ketu Axis. But well aspect link with Jupiter. Good chance of marriage, having a partner.
2. 7th house Lord Merc. is with Mars (Lord of 5th house), and sun. Indication of your choice but Sun is creating delay. Reason may be profession, because, 7th lord is lord of 10th house too, link of Marriage, spouse partner is with work. (Delay but marriage confirmation)

Promise of marriage according to your Navmansha (D-9 chart)
1. Asc. is Vargottam (you are a powerful personality- internally)
2. Again in Rahu - Ketu axis, but well connected by Jupiter, Jupiter is in 7th house (House of spouse), Marriage is confirmed, but with delay.

Now when: Planets involved in marriage for your horoscope are Merc., Jupiter, Sat., Rahu Mars + Unconditional Karak Venus and Rahu

Dasha is already applicable, transit of planets will start helping you for marriage after 24th of June 2012.

Regarding your child -
According to your D-1 chart,
1. 5th Lord (House of children) is in 10th house, placed with Sun, Merc. and in enemies sign. (Not positive)
2. Jupiter is well connected with house of Children (aspect of Jupiter- blessings). - (Positive sign)
Promise according to D-9 chart
1. Lord of children house is well connected with Jupiter, No malefic aspect on 5th house or 5th lord. (Positive)
2. Asc. Lord is Vargottam, and well connected with its lord Jupiter. (Positive)
3. Sun in 5th house (Malefic, negative)

Now Promise according to D-7 chart (Specially for children).
1. Jupiter is blessing children house lord venus. (Positive)
2. Mars aspects 5th house (House of children). (Negative)

Delayed but depends on your will, possibility is their for baby.

The natal chart provided for the reading was: http://i49.tinypic.com/esu3nl.gif