Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Crystals & Herbs

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Yineth 
Citizen

Crystals for beginners?

Hello,

I've been kind of on the fence about using crystals with my tarot cards (and for general everyday use.)
Is there any specific stones or crystals that are recommended as introductory items?

-Yin

--Reminder to Self: You have a life that needs your entire focus on. Do not stray from said-focus.--
Yineth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Hemera 
an arctic species

I started with Amethyst and Rose quartz. Both are very powerful crystals but also gentle and you canīt really do any harm with them imo. Amethyst works particularly well with tarot cards.

Old 30-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Yineth 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera View Post
I started with Amethyst and Rose quartz. Both are very powerful crystals but also gentle and you canīt really do any harm with them imo. Amethyst works particularly well with tarot cards.
I did consider purchasing a quartz and amethyst, but I wasn't sure in what form. I understand they're available as tumble stones -- is this just another word for, "Hey I'm portable and easy to fit in your pocket~!"

Also, is it better to buy in bulk or just a piece?

--Reminder to Self: You have a life that needs your entire focus on. Do not stray from said-focus.--
Old 30-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Hemera 
an arctic species

I guess itīs just a matter of taste?
I use tumbled stones with tarot cards so that the cards (or my tarot pouches) will not get scratched or broken or anything.

Old 30-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
omshanti72 
Resident

Hi

I'm in agreement with Hemera - Amethyst is such a useful stone to have in your collection and would be useful in helping you connect with your cards on a spiritual level and protect the energies of the cards.

Lapis would also enable you to connect to your cards and increase your psychic abilities. Rainbow moonstone would also work in a similar way. If you're simply wanting to keep a crystal in your tarot pouch for protection of energies then Black Tourmaline or Labradorite would be useful.

Clear quartz can be programmed for any purpose so you can't go wrong with a quartz point. Maybe read about some of these stones and choose using your gur feeling. Enjoy working with the mineral kingdom, they never stop teaching you.

With blessings - omshanti
omshanti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Yineth 
Citizen

Thank you both for your advice. I'll take them all into account and seek out which crystals call out to me the most.

-Yin

Old 03-05-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Kosjitov 
Citizen

Tumbled stones are usually shinier and look polished. Points are available (like my citrine with a honey gold tip), raw aka "natural" stone, clusters, and geodes.

I would recommend quartz, rose quartz, amethyst, citrine for starters. I have an iolite piece that I am currently very fond of and was happy to add to my starter collection. I will be adding labradorite, moonstone (the non rainbowy variety), and flourite to the group as soon as nice samples become available in the store I shop at.

Don't be afraid to "test" the stones you want to buy, and don't hesitate to put down those that don't ressonate with you. I found a strange piece of amethyst that tingled with an almost electric spark. My iolite does the same but to a lesser degree

Old 03-05-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
CJ7 
Citizen

Resonation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yineth View Post
Hello,

I've been kind of on the fence about using crystals with my tarot cards (and for general everyday use.)
Is there any specific stones or crystals that are recommended as introductory items?

-Yin
I agree with the last post. Find stones that resonate with you. Something you have a connection with.

For example, most of the beginner stones and I do not get along. Rose Quartz feels funny and one of them broke on me, I'm not a fan of Amethyst as it feels cold and blank and while citrine is nice, it doesn't add anything for me.

Tiger Eye, Bloodstone and Aventurine actually resonate with me best while my moonstone gives me the heebie jeebies.

I would suggest trying the smaller pieces and then working your way up to a larger piece as stones can be quite expensive.

Also be aware of which stones mix with which. So if you are going to buy a rose quartz necklace make sure you wear something else that complements it (if you are going to wear more than one piece).

Old 08-05-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today