Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Decks   · Readings   · Forum   · Home
Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Forum Community What's New Home

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering is completely free, and allows you to post, search, watch threads and more. Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Closed Thread

yirabeth 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom View Post
Me neither as well.
Brigid is an Old English Mastiff - messy - she needs a bucket around her neck and a bib
Molly isn't quite THAT bad..but eating/drinking causes a good deal of drooling/slobber...LOL She's shar pei.

~~~~~~~~
Practice safe text -- Use commas, and never miss a period.
Old 06-05-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #591

Ads by Google
via Google Adsense

#ADS
EllieP 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendywu View Post
Oh yes - the whole thing is a comparative exercise - I'm not looking for absolutes, or rightness - the comparison between the "how I think I will feel" and "how I did feel" and "how the cards see me experiencing this", and "how the cards see I actually did experience it". Just comparisons .... for fun, and interest. No definites, no rights or wrongs.
Do you think if you used a different deck to do that first reading, it might tell you different things about how they see you experiencing this? Just inquisitive, that's all. (I mean, same drawn card but from another deck as if you'd used the other deck and got the same card.)
Old 06-05-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #592
Wendywu 
Alive

I don't know, but that would be a different experiment I think. One well worth trying - I've certainly done that before; same cards, different deck. I found that I got a different emphasis more than anything else. But I wouldn't mind trying this experiment that way too! It was hard enough thinking of one activity I've never done that it is feasible (and economically feasible) that I could do. Thinking of another is gonna be a toughie! I have to exclude activities I know I wouldn't do - scuba diving, for instance (no money for training or anything), or ballooning (no head for heights - I just want to jump if I'm on a high place ...).

But if I can think of a second thing, I will! Cheap, feasible, not EVER tried .... and something that is a physical experience as well as mental, or it's not so easy to wrap your head round the imagining doing it...

I mean, there are masses of things I've not done. But they cost. Or are physically beyond me....

Last edited by Wendywu; 06-05-2012 at 06:34.
Old 06-05-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #593
Chiska 
Embrace your inner squirrel.

Alrighty then!

Garden prepped and ready for planting.

It got COLD!! Brrrrr... am now back in the house with a fire started to chase away the chill.
Old 06-05-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #594
EllieP 
Citizen

Quote:

But if I can think of a second thing, I will! Cheap, feasible, not EVER tried .... and something that is a physical experience as well as mental, or it's not so easy to wrap your head round the imagining doing it...

I mean, there are masses of things I've not done. But they cost. Or are physically beyond me....
Er, painting or drawing a picture (of a fave card?), or making a birthday card by hand and the envelope too using coloured A4 and use it!) or sleeping on the floor, or watching a horror film on tv, or setting up a Wordpress.com blog (keep it private and you can stop again) or reading a Young Adult novel - cheap from somewhere, dirt cheap on Kindle for your comp. Need I go on? Swapping meals round is a good one but that might be stupid if it involves insulin
Old 06-05-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #595
Wendywu 
Alive

I wanted it to be more of a physical experience . Doing stuff on a computer is out - I do that all day. I've painted my own cards (I did the BOTA course; we had to ....). And anyway, I do a lot of dollshouse type craft and paintwork ....

Birthday cards and Christmas cards - we always make our own .... and James and I used to make the envelopes out of Beano comics

it's meant to be wholly new physically and mentally .....

Reading isn't a new experience, neither is anything much done in the house. I've been camping frequently. I eat every day. That's not new..... see what I mean?

The given suggestions were scuba diving or hot air ballooning.

My chosen activity is naked hiking on Dartmoor. (but wearing boots), and my husband is remaining clothed. Wuss! I am waiting for high summer, and will be in a nicely remote (to say the least) part of the moor. I went for that because I've not been naked outdoors like that, and even thinking about evokes a flood of different responses in me. Interesting.

Last edited by Wendywu; 06-05-2012 at 06:54.
Old 06-05-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #596
Stormdancer 
speed of lightening when it doesn't ZIG-ZAG???

Quote:
My chosen activity is naked hiking on Dartmoor. (but wearing boots)

That what a storm can do
Is to terrify my roots
And make me new?

~ Brendan Kennelly ~
Old 06-05-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #597
Wendywu 
Alive

Yes - that's how I feel too! Terrified. Excited. Appalled. Amused.

The reading on how I will feel was great fun to do! And trying to really experience it in my head was quite terrifying - we are so conditioned not to do that....

Which of course leads into a whole other field of thought about social conditioning. And that's a really interesting area to get into.

Last edited by Wendywu; 06-05-2012 at 07:02.
Old 06-05-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #598
Chiska 
Embrace your inner squirrel.

I think it is a splendid idea, Wu!

I used to live on a commune and there were those who didn't feel clothes were necessary all the time. And there was no wierdness about it. Not at all. IN fact, when my mother visited, I introduced her to one of my neighbors and didn't really pay attention to the fact he was completely naked (covered in mud, though). Mom didn't either, really. It was probably because it just seemed so natural.

Have I hiked naked through the woods? Yes - barefoot, though. Would I do it now? Probably not. Too cold! LOL

((( Wu )))
Old 06-05-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #599
Wendywu 
Alive

Why covered in mud? The neighbour? Don't mind the not wearing clothes. And there I think about the difference in phrase between "not wearing clothes" and "being naked". One is passive and not a definite choice. Not so intended, as if it just happens. The other is a specific choice. Nuances!

Old 06-05-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #600
Closed Thread