Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Tarot Spells by Janina Renee

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Books & Media

Resident

Darkness 
Resident

Tarot Spells by Janina Renee

Is anyone familiar with the book of Tarot Spells by Janina Renee? I have this book on order as one of my tarot teachers suggested it. I would only be using this for gaining knowledge, but would love to hear what other think of it!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Citizen

Carla 
Citizen

I have it, it's an okay book for what it is. If you can find a cheap copy, it's worth having a look at. To be honest, you could probably wing your own tarot spells and they would come out similar to these, as it's a little candle magic, a little meditation on a card, maybe some incense...some visualisation...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
Resident

Narwhallove 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla View Post
I have it, it's an okay book for what it is. If you can find a cheap copy, it's worth having a look at. To be honest, you could probably wing your own tarot spells and they would come out similar to these, as it's a little candle magic, a little meditation on a card, maybe some incense...some visualisation...
Agree with Carla. It's a bit fluffy, though it is a pretty book with lots of pictures. (Maybe its being pretty with lots of pictures contributes to the fluffiness, too.) I didn't find it particularly informative or meaty, though she's a good and clear writer. I'm no expert on tarot magic, but I think Christine Jette's Tarot Shadow Work a terrific piece of writing that combines tarot with meditation and magic. It *is* specifically geared toward people recovering from trauma or violence or abuse, but I did find it incredibly focused and learned far more from it than Janina Renee's book.

Renee's other book, Tarot: Your Everyday Guide seems meatier, but I haven't looked at it in ages.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
One of the original 100 members

tarotbear 
One of the original 100 members

I have the original release of "Tarot Spells"; she updated and changed/corrected a few things. (I have a signed letter from her, too!)

I think it's a great, fun book - I have used it many times. Not sure why your Tarot teacher has recommended it for 'further knowledge,' though; it won't teach you anything ABOUT Tarot, just using Tarot cards.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
Resident

Darkness 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarotbear View Post
I have the original release of "Tarot Spells"; she updated and changed/corrected a few things. (I have a signed letter from her, too!)

I think it's a great, fun book - I have used it many times. Not sure why your Tarot teacher has recommended it for 'further knowledge,' though; it won't teach you anything ABOUT Tarot, just using Tarot cards.
Hi tarotbear, i believe the teacher recommended this book to me because one of my main weaknesses was finding clarity of mind, i think there may be a spell in this book that makes you focus on the moon, the hermit and the high priestess to unlock answers and to bring clarity to the reader perhaps.?

Thank you all for thoughts on this.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.