Home Sweet Home

MaineGirl117

Home Sweet Home Originally posted by Astronautica

Ludy Lescot - no cards read as reversed

Focus: The state of Maine, not just my childhood house

1 - Relationship to the place: The World

This card showing up here wasn’t so much a surprise as the exact confirmation I needed to relate how I feel about this place. There I felt whole, surrounded by faces and places I loved, nestled in nature, lakes, streams, the ocean and all the critters (including the black flies!). It was *almost* the perfect package.

2 - Past Influence: 9 of Pentacles

So yes, my surroundings were wonderful, but the Knight of Cups rides towards this lady. I was being ‘kept’ in one sense or another. Through marriage and after the divorce by my parents while I struggled to pay my bills. I worked but I couldn’t ‘create’ my life alone - and that caused the sorrow seen later in the spread by the 3/swords and confinement of the 8/swords. I couldn’t see a way to make the success my own through work there.. So I left.

3 - Present Influence: Knight of Cups

Lawdy do I dislike this card! He can’t make anything concrete out of his dreams at the moment. He has a lot of fantasies but can’t seem to create the right circumstances to go back there. He’s looking at the World, but he’s missing some opportunity to get back there.. Or the message that he can return is taking it’s sweet time coming! Though he is riding towards the 9/pentacles and is topped by the High Priestess, I’m thinking my current job and past college experience is going to give me some help with this.

4 - Future Influence: Magician

Awesome. This guy creates the reality that he desires through talent and perseverance. He’s a showman. He’ll dance through hoops and float on air if that’s what he’s got to do to get people’s attention. He understands that life is a step by step process of creation, but he stands surrounded by all his tools, all his desires. And his solar plexus chakra is glowing - he’s got the drive to get the job done.

5 - Why this influence is so strong: 3 of Swords

I removed myself voluntarily, so really, the pain is self inflicted here. But it was necessary because I needed to deal with other things that had happened in my life that I couldn’t face while constantly be distracted by friends and family. They were a good distraction, needed at the time, but like I mentioned in the 9/pentacles - I had to go it alone for a while, deal with some mental anguish and anxiety instead of constantly pushing it away, or as one reader told me “You keep sweeping it under the carpet to deal with later”. Funny, I was a housekeeper at the time!

6 - What lesson does it have to teach? 8 of Swords

Well, another dastardly card here, but I do have a positive take on it. Years ago I was a Chef, and I’d get so frustrated with people who wouldn’t try something just because it didn’t ‘look’ right. My response was always “how will you know if you don’t like it, if you don’t try it?” Similarly, I do this to myself in regards to choosing living situations. I’ve lived overseas, in large cities and now in the South. Each time in the past, I’ve never felt so relieved as the moment I set foot back ‘home’. I keep repeating this pattern only to come to the same conclusion - I LIKE living in Maine. Insanity at work no doubt, but this time it had a purpose.. A job attached to the offer to move. A job I badly needed. Now if I can just find the ‘channel’ that’s opened by the Magician (which I think I did through a job posting I qualify for and hope beyond hope to get) I can make my way back there. In essence, this card shows that I’ve put myself here through my own doing - echoed in the 3/swords.

7 - The part of this place you continue to carry with you: High Priestess

This is a funny story! Last October I went to a friend’s wedding. Her theme was Maine though she lives in CT, her and her husband fell in love during a camping trip in a National Park along the coastline of Maine. They made the ‘place cards’ from ocean rocks gathered from the shoreline. On one side they put the guest name, on the other they put the table name and meal choice. All of the table names were after locations in Maine.

Whenever I read the chapter on the High Priestess, I get a little giggle because of the reference to the two towers as B and J (Boaz & Jakin).. But the adolescent in me just sees BJ. Haha… funny story.. My friends that got married have the initials B & J too - and they realized this only when the Mother-in-Law showed them a sample of the rehearsal dinner invite with their initials on it! LOL (course they switched it to J & B)

Almost all the guests left their rocks for the bride and groom to put in their rock garden, but I took mine with me back South. My name is in silver (on one side), my table name is in black - and too, I had beef, so there’s a big ole black B on one side! The location/table name is interesting too. I just looked it up. A river flows to this bay, but backs up all the way to the city that has the job I applied for and hope to get !!! HAPPY DANCE!!

Looking at the whole spread, what strikes me is the Mage, HP and the World. Spiritually, when the soul split in half (Mage & HP) the process of the Majors reunites them in the World. Since I took the HP with me, seems I’m on the hunt for the Magician (which I may have found, but I’m still waiting for confirmation on). Good news I hope.. I could use some good news.

PS. The shadowcard for this spread was the 10 of Cups.. thought that so cute and appropriate!!

astronautica

Thank you for trying out my spread! A beautiful reading, I love the story for the High Priestess :) It's quite uncanny that the World, Magician and High Priestess all showed up in your reading - I guess your feeling of being "on the hunt for the Magician" really ties in with the future influences position... and the 10 of Cups shadow card seems quite promising! Best of luck :)