Creating my own deck

tarotbear

Creating my own deck reading

Elsewhere I am on the forum discussing drawing my own deck illustrations for my books. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=177546 Today, after looking at my Robin Wood to see how she drew the ends on her little banners, I did a quick 3-card reading (no placements) reading for myself: 'How are my efforts to create my own deck illustrations going to work out?'

I drew (in order) the Ace Swords, King of Cups, and Two Pentacles.

My immediate reaction to these cards is: It's going to take a lot of work but will be worth it in the end (I've just done rough stetches of the Majors so far); There will be some emotional ups & downs during executive decisons (what to keep, delete, or change) ; I need to keep my emotions and my working on this project in balance for it to be a success (and not lose sight that the deadline I set for myself (90 days) is superficial and not to stress out when things take a lot of time.)

What's your take? Thanks!

starrystarrynight

The King reinforces to me that you are a highly creative man, but the Ace of Swords made me immediately feel that you should not try to embellish the cards too much (literally--cut out the crap(!) :) ) But that may be because of your opening words saying that you were looking at the Wood deck to check out her banners...my thought is: Don't Do Banners! <lol>

The Two of Pentacles makes me think that you will change things (maybe a couple of times) before deciding on a design scheme or that you will still end up trying to do two decks (a la your other spread concerning that issue.) Instead, however, it may be advising you that with work, one deck will suffice for double duty.

Overall, the advice to you that I get from your spread is that less is more (two low-numbered pips flanking the creative master.) For whatever that is worth.

LeFou

"Dreams are the royal road to the unconscious" - Freud

'How are my efforts to create my own deck illustrations going to work out?'
Ace Swords, King of Cups, and Two Pentacles

It's an ingenious idea (Ace of Swords) which brings you to your essential truth regarding your lifetime investment in ascending to mastery of your inner world (King of Cups). You're taking that mastery gained in the Queen and bringing it outward, toward others, in the King.

Going from Ace to King is a complete progression, a quest. So don't let the earthly, eaerth-bound material obstacles and challenges (2 of Pentacles) dissuade you from your kingly quest, because the true nature of every quest is the inner journey, and the discoveries waiting there. So success lies in making it personal, your truth, your quest, your deck.

I wish you dreams of infinite inspiration!

willowfox

Ace Swords, King of Cups, and Two Pentacles.

Its your ideas, and you are the artist, so eventually, after many tries, you will get more or less what you wanted.

100% perfection is not here.

Cenozoic

'How are my efforts to create my own deck illustrations going to work out?'

Ace/Swords: Beginnings of a process that requires much thought.

King/Cups: You are taking control of the project with your heart. It is lead by your strong, creative feelings, and you'll feel responsible for the decision making in the project.

2/Pents: You're concentrating hard and juggling things to make sure that whatever you can do right now is done, but also worry about how the next step will go. Perhaps trial and error is needed.

Overall, from the Ace and 2, I am thinking that you're doing well for the beginning of the project, but I think your strongest aspect is the King. That you should use your feelings to lead the way.

Do the best you can, and I wish you good luck!