Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Frank S 
Resident

Mini Tarot Decks...?

Just received my TDM Jodorowsky et. Camoin. In its eBay description were the words 'Casual Edition' - no idea what that meant exactly so I took the plunge. In actual fact it meant 'mini'. Hmmmph. Oh well. Still, it's not too common a deck.

My question is, which are the best (and worst) mini-tarots out there...?

Frank.

Last edited by Frank S; 13-07-2012 at 06:32.
Frank S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Chiriku 
Citizen

I like Lo Sacarabeo's mini- Secret Tarot, although because of its subtleties, I recommend using it in full light and not in dim pubs as I've been wont to do.

In general, I am allergic to mini-anything, however. Bigger is better for me when it comes to tarot.
Chiriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
EnchantedShadow 
Citizen

Here's a similar thread on pocket decks: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=162290

My personal favorite is the pocket Buckland Romani.
EnchantedShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
lotus_of_truth 
Resident

I just ordered the Art Nouveau mini deck today. I think it is very beautiful, and a mini deck can fit in my bag
lotus_of_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
Alta 
Golden Silvery Dionna

I think the Baroque Bohemian Cats mini is very well done.
Alta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
MandMaud 
wonderer

I got one the other day on eBay, not that I was looking for a mini deck but it was cheap(!), just called Tarot the Complete Kit - Running Press 'Mega Mini Kits'.

I didn't like the images when I first looked at them, but once cleansed it turned out great for certain kinds of reading. At least that's what I'm finding so far. I like it for spiritual type questions, can't make sense of it with more practical things.

It has a mind of its own. I have heard that a deck can but in my brief time with Tarot hadn't experienced it. This deck is also the only one that's been witty at me, you know, coming back with 'Get a life already!' if I ask too much of the same...

Aha, found it: http://www.perseusbooksgroup.com/run...sbn=0762404183 and I paid 3-something used so not so much of a bargain! Never mind.

This is about 7cm x 8cm (? just over 3" by just under 3" ?). How small do decks get - I mean decks intended for actually using?

Old 13-07-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
vee 
Citizen

I have the mini Tarot of the Gnomes and I like it very much. Although it helps that I don't have the bigger version to compare.

I also like the mini BBC cats.
vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Le Fanu 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris_2010 View Post
My personal favorite is the pocket Buckland Romani.
Now that is a great one. Shame it's illegal or pirated or whatever, but there is something so captivating and user-friendly about it and I generally do not like minis at all. Life's too short to have mini decks. Really. I mean surely even the most crammed bag or rucksack can fit another inch and a half for the sake of nice clear images?

Of course I buy them and have them but when push comes to shove, I'll always reach for the bigger decks for the sake of - well - beauty. Why have nice when you can have nice multiplied four-times-the-size?

Having said that I have mini RWS, Thoth, Burdel Marseilles, Buckland-Romani, BBC 3rd edition, Camoin-Jodorosky, the Tarot Nova, Connolly, Trevisan's Renaissance, Grimaud Marseilles, 1960s Albano Waite, Universal Waite, mega-mini Soprafino...
Le Fanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
Moonson 
Citizen

i think they are cute... but, don't think i'll ever buy one. hm.. maybe if i find a veery cheeap one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
mega-mini Soprafino...
"mega-mini"?! o.O what is the size of that thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vee View Post
I have the mini Tarot of the Gnomes and I like it very much.
very appropriate!

Last edited by Moonson; 13-07-2012 at 10:14.
Moonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
marimorimo 
Citizen

Aww, mini decks are loved less than I thought

I, for one, love them to bits In fact, I am now considering buying only cards that are playing card sized or smaller. The large, pretty pictures in full-sized decks lose their appeal as I struggle and fight to shuffle the darned deck! Sure there are shuffling methods out there to deal with gigantic decks but I love me a good proper riffle shuffle Plus, they are a boon when reading on cramped surfaces as they don't take up much space.

My workhorse deck is the Mini Hanson-Roberts. Visually I didn't find the style very appealing, but after many readings, it's grown on me It stays in my bag at all times. As for my favorite deck (visually speaking), the Druidcraft is so large and unwieldy I hardly ever take it out of the box

Last edited by marimorimo; 13-07-2012 at 10:39.
marimorimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today