One Deck Wonder Resurrected

vee

Sticking with Navigators is easier than I thought so far. It helps that I am broke and busy. :laugh: And it's only two days in. But the cards are so detailed and fascinating! I can't see myself getting bored.

I cracked open the book this morning, and I sort of regret it. The system is definitely well thought out and complicated, but I am just having fun with my thoughts for now. Not ready to delve into all that just yet...which I must admit is very different for me. I am more of an IDS type person at heart, so I am glad that the deck I have chosen is SO complex that to delve right into it with a guidebook and my library page open is too overwhelming to indulge in. XD

The deck is already making me question my understanding of Tarot. Today I pulled the Hierophant, and the keyword for it was "intuition", which made me go 'WTF??", but ultimately being able to connect it to that concept made me appreciate the Hierophant more.

Tarot Orat

That's great that a more manageable edition of your deck came out so soon into your ODW. Happy coincidence, or serendipity?

I don't believe in coincidences ;)

Miss Divine

Hi dear ODW friends, I am taking a break for now from the Vampyres. At the moment it's just too intense, even the black and red colors are bothering me. I am not going to push myself when I feel this kind of resistance, because that will make me start to hate a deck.
I just need some ''light'' right now.

I very much enjoyed my time with it so far, and I will definitely still be using it, just not exclusively.

Flaxen, congratulations on your pregnancy! And I hope you will be over your nausea soon!!

:heart:

Tarot Orat

Hi dear ODW friends, I am taking a break for now from the Vampyres. At the moment it's just too intense, even the black and red colors are bothering me. I am not going to push myself when I feel this kind of resistance, because that will make me start to hate a deck.
I just need some ''light'' right now.

I very much enjoyed my time with it so far, and I will definitely still be using it, just not exclusively.

That makes perfect sense, definitely no good pushing it if it doesn't feel right. It's been great having you on the journey with us...best wishes and :heart: !

Madame Squee

That's great that a more manageable edition of your deck came out so soon into your ODW. Happy coincidence, or serendipity?

I don't believe in coincidences ;)

I've been using all of the medium and large versions of the Illuminated Tarot I own, including a large Dark Crystal Rose.

I was even thinking about getting a medium Dark Crystal deck. :D

What can I say? I love the Illuminated! :*

Miss Divine

That makes perfect sense, definitely no good pushing it if it doesn't feel right. It's been great having you on the journey with us...best wishes and :heart: !

Thank you Tarot Orat! It was a great experience, and I will be going back to that deck soon, just needing a breather. Happy Easter!! :)

sapienza

It was a great experience, and I will be going back to that deck soon, just needing a breather.
Totally understand needing a breather, hope we see you back at some stage though.:)

I've had a busy few days but still using the Nigel Jackson and enjoying it. Hoping to find some time soon to add some more threads to the study group. I haven't really been tempted to use any other deck but then haven't had a lot of time. I do flick through the Ancient Italian now and then as it's the other deck I am using, but all the daily draws and readings I'm doing are with the Nigel Jackson.

Tarot Orat

I've been using all of the medium and large versions of the Illuminated Tarot I own, including a large Dark Crystal Rose.

I was even thinking about getting a medium Dark Crystal deck. :D

What can I say? I love the Illuminated! :*

I love hearing the words "I love my deck"! :D And I think it's very cool that you have multiple versions of yours, it must be interesting to explore the subtle differences. You're totally enabling me on the Illuminated, I may have to pick up a copy or two someday!

I've had a busy few days but still using the Nigel Jackson and enjoying it. Hoping to find some time soon to add some more threads to the study group. I haven't really been tempted to use any other deck but then haven't had a lot of time. I do flick through the Ancient Italian now and then as it's the other deck I am using, but all the daily draws and readings I'm doing are with the Nigel Jackson.

I'm so glad you're enjoying your decks and your ODW, and isn't it great how we all seem to have such an easier time than usual sticking to one/two decks? Not having that huge temptation to switch makes things so much more relaxing, which I find to be the best attitude to approach the cards with.

Disa

Oh, boy.

I still LOVE my DruidCraft.

However... I've been feeling with these daily draws lately that the cards are sort of mocking me, they are sticking out their tongues and saying, Nanny, Nanny, boo boo" With the amount of repeat cards I've drawn I feel each morning as though I'm asking the deck- are you going to tell me something new today or what?

So the Hanged Man today aggitated me and it's clear to me that he and I will fight. I will not stay in Limbo just because he has graced me with his presence :p. So there!

I hope you all are enjoying your decks, I really am enjoying the experience. I can't wait to see how my relatioinship with the deck twists and turns, grows and changes. It's something that can only happen with a prolonged use of this deck and I'm really excited about it. I was shooting for using it through Beltane, but I'm really feeling I may do it longer...maybe a whole year with just some intermittent readings for others with other decks on occasion.

sapienza

I'm getting quite a lot of repeat cards too.

I've also been listing to the cd of 'The Process', which had been given to me by a friend. I never felt the desire to touch it but I have to say, although I don't agree with everything Dan has to say, it's been rather enlightening. Certainly a good fit when working with one deck.

I'm finding that the best thing about the ODW is making connections between certain cards and what is going on in my life. I remember doing this with my old Mythic when I didn't use other decks. By connecting the cards to things that happen in life there is so much more to use when reading. It's like when a card comes up you can not only talk about events or situations that it could represent, but also tap into emotions and feelings that are linked to the card. I think it gives a lot more depth to readings. I'm finding lots of really interesting connections and some real 'ah-ha' moments. Very exciting as it really is only early days for me now.

Another interesting thing (for me anyway) is that now and then I'll draw a card from my Ancient Italian and it will echo some of the repeated cards from my daily draws or readings using the Nigel Jackson. No escaping the messages I guess.