One Deck Wonder Resurrected

sapienza

Welcome VampTarot23 and welcome back Madam Squee.

I haven't been doing much with tarot at all for the past few months. Just this week I listened to an audio of a Thoth Tarot workshop and got a bit inspired again. Of course I was compelled to get out my Thoth deck but after a day or so I remembered all the things about it that annoyed me and so returned to my Nigel Jackson for comfort. Not sure if I'll continue with the ODW at the moment as I'm just not focused enough on tarot for it to make any sense. But I was pleased that this was the deck I felt drawn back to even after a break.

Madame Squee

Thank you for the welcome, sapienza! I'm glad to be back, and I'm so glad you're still here! If you decide to leave for awhile, I will do my best to be here when you get back.

As far as the Thoth goes, I have many different editions in my cupboard. (Thank goodness, I'm satiated and don't look for them any more.) Whenever I bring one out and spread the cards, the images overwhelm me, and my thought is always the same: this is the One! It never is, though. Maybe some day.

Thanks to my previous ODW, I think I finally know what you mean about returning to a deck to which you've devoted so much time and attention. Last week, I felt compelled to bring out the Illuminated (my last ODW deck), and it felt really good. I spent several days with it, deciding whether or not to return to it for this stretch. Even now, I feel ambivalence about my choice as images from the Illuminated cross my mind. However, I have not yet shuffled and laid out a DoB spread this morning. When I do, I know will feel content.

The focus provided by the ODW format worked so well that I've continued to enjoy lingering benefits during the intervening weeks -- such as not rushing out to acquire every new Tarot deck and having enough attention span to stay with a single deck for a week or more. Having said that, my choice of deck for this ODW is a brand-new purchase. The difference between now and pre-ODW, however, is that it took me months to decide I really wanted it, and now that I have it, I feel like taking some time with it, before rushing into something else. Hopefully, I can make this exclusive Tarot triangle, with the Pierre Madenie TdM, work beyond September 22.

VampTarot23

To day marks 12 days total with this deck NMS. I have made up 3 weeks with one deck before . But not 78 days. Thanks for all the welcome :)

Lil Red

I completed using my Ghost & Spirit tarot for 3 months and more. In all those month I learned to appreciated it and grew to love it.

I made my own meanings and stories as well but it tend to change a lot of ways. I have a 3 ring binder full of notes and activities that I did in tarot Playbook as well people reading that I did using those cards. It helped me look at my cards in different perspective.

In all honestly it was worth working with the deck so thank you for the opportunity. It was a lot of fun!

hopena

I'm just awful at this. :laugh:

I've been reading the first One Deck Wonder threads, and pulled out my Druidcraft, yet again. I did a daily draw, that basically pointed out my own feelings to me, instead of telling me anything new, and I was feeling good... until I thought about my Fantastic Menagerie, and my Halloween, and so on. Only, I'm not reading with any of them.

I might study the deck, without deciding to abstain from the other ones. Just study one card per day, and see what I want to do after that. It was eight years ago, this month, that I fell in love with the DruidCraft when I saw pictures (after reading the Harry POtter book that included the Tower, and visited this site). And I remember how much I wanted the Fairytale, and the FM, and how much I loved the Gaian and all of the others... I bought the Anna K several weeks ago, from the bookstore, and thought I'd be able to stick with it, but the DC keeps calling me back. So, I'll see how I go. One more time.

dawntarot

I am in! :)

Greetings all :)

A bit late to be joining the bandwagon perhaps - but I'm in. My deck is the 1JJ Swiss. I've been reading with this almost exclusively for the past few months and now I want to go one step further.

My rules:

1. Take the time to study/contemplate this deck as well as do readings. I learn so much about it when I do this, but I lack discipline.
2. To this end, I'm taking JMD's book and the Noblet along for the ride. I will be using this for comparative study purposes, and to learn more about history.
3. Start taking my 1JJ everywhere with me again. (Except the pool. I don't know why but I'm paranoid about chlorine damage.)
4. Daily usage, even if it's just pondering a random card for its own sake.

I'm going until the next Solstice, at the very least. :)

Here goes!
Dawn

Madame Squee

Welcome, Dawn!

It's wonderful to have you on board, and I think you are right on time!

I haven't been posting lately, which is a sticking point for me. One of my objectives is to post here or in the daily draws every day, which really helps me stay interested in my deck. However, it seems I've fallen into the same old trap of posting in my head. Working on it!!!

I have been reading with my Deck of the Bastard every day since it arrived, and I realized pretty early on that I shouldn't have ordered it without titles and keywords, because the borders look too wide without them. So, I searched around for a permanent pen that would hold onto the finish and not get all sticky (like Sharpies do), and I found a recommendation for Staedtler Lumocolor permanent markers. They worked perfectly, and my cards look beautiful!

The past couple days, I've been exploring my Pierre Madenie TdM, too, and actually signed up for the TdM exchange this month. For once and for all, I would like to settle on one method of reading with TdM pips. I discovered the "open" method last night, and that appeals the most right now.

dawntarot

The past couple days, I've been exploring my Pierre Madenie TdM, too, and actually signed up for the TdM exchange this month. For once and for all, I would like to settle on one method of reading with TdM pips. I discovered the "open" method last night, and that appeals the most right now.

Thank you for the lovely welcome! :)

What's the "open" method? Is it the same thing as reading intuitively? :)

Madame Squee

Thank you for the lovely welcome! :)

What's the "open" method? Is it the same thing as reading intuitively? :)

Yes, I think that's right. It is based on reading the illustrations:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=198483

http://www.cbdtarot.com/the-book/table-of-contents/the-meaning-of-cards/

After a couple of days of deliberation, I just now purchased the book. So, I hope to know a lot more about this method fairly soon.

I hope I can order the cards sometime soon, too!

I love looking at Marseille-type decks, and I have a lot of them, so it would be wonderful to finally settle on a way to read them. Sometimes, the clarity of the message I see in a row of TdM cards startles me, but I can't seem to duplicate that occurrence with any regularity. That's my quest. :D

dawntarot

Thanks for that Madame Squee.

I have decided to add an oracle study to my task - I am now learning cartomancy! It's been three days and already it's resulted in a major breakthrough in my tarot studies so I am very very excited. ^_^