Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Oracles > Oracles

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

cardlady22 
Citizen

part 2

continued from previous post
18 of the 35 cards that match Lenormand illustration symbols

27 dog 4
35 tower 10
26 park 9
32 mountains 8
31 roads A
29 mouse 6
39 heart 9
23 ring Q
22 book J
15 letter K
19 gentleman 2
18 lady 2
20 lilies 7
1 sun 3
2 moon 5
4 key 4
17 fish 4
28 anchor 5

http://www.serenapowers.com/lenormand.html
(to compare playing card assignments)

Last edited by cardlady22; 02-03-2011 at 03:37.
cardlady22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #11
jackdaw* 
Citizen

Can't believe you put in all those fiddly little symbols

So they don't correspond to one another in either placement within the deck OR with playing card association? So if the author/creator(s) put any effort into the correlations, I would assume that they don't mean the same thing, either? At least, not as a matter of course ...

Interesting. It would be interesting to know how they came up with these correspondences ...

Thanks, cardlady
jackdaw* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #12
cardlady22 
Citizen

There is somewhat of a good vs bad theme when you lay them out according to their pip value:
Aces, Twos . . . Queens, Kings, etc.

**ETA: for the most part, it breaks down like this

Aces - bad/negative

Twos - neutral

Threes - good/positive

Fours - good/positive *except the

Fives - good/positive *except the

Sixes - bad/negative *except the

Sevens - good/positive *except the

Eights - bad/negative

Nines - good/positive

Tens - bad/negative *except the

Jacks - good/positive *except the

Queens - good/positive *except the

Kings - good/positive *except the

Last edited by cardlady22; 02-03-2011 at 09:12.
cardlady22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #13
mystic Guy 
Resident

I recently gave myself a long reading with the Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards. It was my first time using the cards, and I brought the reading to a close 3/4 of the way through the second square because it wasn't making sense. Cards contradicted other cards. For instance, no. 25 (Clouds) with the bright side toward the person indicates domestic happiness, but this was contradicted by no. 20 (Lilies), which forecasts family sorrow, because it is next to no. 25! Also, in the long reading, many cards make a general prediction of wealth or vexation for *everyone* who does the reading, since in the long reading all of the cards are laid out and *everyone* will get these cards. And finally, many of the cards, were simply redundant.

This was my first reading with these cards. Usually, I use the Rider-Waite tarot deck. I'm confused because the Rider-Waite gave me a very positive forecast (three card spread: King of Cups, Ten of Pentacles, The Chariot) when I asked whether I should give myself a reading using the Gypsy Witch cards.

Anybody have any insight into this?[/QUOTE]
Hi

I'm abit late on the topic but anyway,
I had that problem also with them cards , in the booklet it says to start in the middle
square and work your around in circle reading each card and let it tell your story.
Mine made no sense neither but I still recorded the lay out in my Tarot note book.
And then about a year later I learned about Lenormand and the full board spread
which as I'm sure you know from the person card you go in straight lines up ,down
over , back and horizontal.
So I used that method and looked at Gypsy Witch fortune telling spread
that I had recorded in my note book and it was "Pine Chilling" , the cards
went through eight different subjects ,all the cards to the left were things that HAD
happened in the past , and the cards to the right were things that happened
after I had recorded the spread in my notes.

What got me is that the cards went through a spread and technique that
I wouldn't learn for another year,its like the cards new I would learn it
and come back to that spread ,a cryptic message .

The extra cards came in to their own, as if they had always been
used with the 32 card deck. I didn't use the writing on the cards.
mystic Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #14
JustinDevereaux 
Resident

Quite Excellent Oracle

I've had the Gypsy Witch card for a number of years, and I've heard plenty of pros and cons for them. Essentially there's a LeNormand deck contained within it, with additional cards as well.

If you like the humanistic/psychological approach to cards like a lot of people these days prefer with their Tarot cards, you won't like the Gypsy Witch cards. Personally I don't go for touchy-feely approach to Tarot.

If you like a very practical approach to readings, looking for concrete details and not just "what is he feeling" then you'll probably like these cards. The Gypsy Witch deck tends to be very spot on after you've spent some time with it and built a relationship with the cards.

I've fallen in love with these cards, along with the older deck of cards attributed to Mlle. LeNormand. I do read Tarot cards, but not in the psychological profiling manner that seems most prevalent today.

(Everyone has their own preferred method, so no judgement intended.)
JustinDevereaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #15
AzulParadiso 
Citizen

I agree with you Justin, that's how I use all of my decks as well. I do not like the "advice" side of the cards - I prefer clear, honest answers that relate to every day matters. I wish I found someone to practice with. I'm having trouble making sense of the cards that aren't in the
Lenormand deck. I do know some of them already and have given them my own 'twist' I suppose, but I'm having real trouble with the Shepherd for instance..next to the Eye.

Shepherd+Eye = A person who is interested in a group [like family] as oppose to just one person?

If anyone would like to study the cards with me, please P/M me. Daily/weekly readings should help us decipher the mysterious symbols, hopefully =)
AzulParadiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #16
Metafizzypop 
Citizen

Has anyone here ever seen a TV show called "Psychic Tia"? It's a reality show (on American cable channel A&E) where a woman has a fortune-telling business. She gives readings with cards. And the deck she uses is the Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards! I saw the cards laying there on the table, in front of the client. I have the deck so I recognized it right away. And she was doing a major spread, too. It looked like half the deck was on the table, with no organized spread. The cards were sitting there all haphazard-like. On another episode I saw her using the cards again, and she had half the deck out for this reading, too.

I found it amusing that a professional fortune-teller would use this deck for her readings. I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all, because I really like this deck. I just thought it was an offbeat choice, and kinda funny on a TV show.

Last edited by Metafizzypop; 11-08-2013 at 17:57.
Metafizzypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #17
JustinDevereaux 
Resident

GW Cards in Readings

Yeah, I was also surprised to see the GW cards in that Psychic Tia show. As for using the cards professionally, I admit I use them all the time with clients. I usually start with a Tarot deck with new clients as that's what they're more accustomed to seeing. Then after a mini tableau of sorts, the Lenormand and GW cards come out for almost every reading. Now, some older clients don't want to see the Tarot cards pulled out at all. They want the Lenormand and the GW for their sessions. It has been delightfully surprising to see the change in their interests.
Old 17-08-2013 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #18
JustinDevereaux 
Resident

GW Spreads

I find that the tableau spreads along the lines as used in traditional Lenormand readings work fabulously with the GW. I generally do 4 rows of 7 with the GW. Why 4 of 7? Not a clue. Lol! Sometimes it becomes 4 rows of 8, and I don't fight it when it does. Just the way I've done it for years. (With Lenormand, I always do the 4x8 +4 grand tableau.)

I find that individuals having a difficult time with such spreads are usually trying to read too much into it. Leave all the speculation and deeper meanings for Tarot. With GW and Lenormand, I put down a card, and start talking based on the cards' keywords, linking them together to form basic sentences. After you've formed a relationship with the cards, they tend to be very to the point, blunt, and for me they've been freakishly spot on with details.

Quick example: Last week with a client I got a spread in which immediately I saw upcoming cardiac surgery due to blocked coronary vessels (scythe + heart + paths). So, I just asked the client, and yep, it was spot on. I do get that degree of detail with Tarot, but I will be honest that such details are present in my readings more with GW and Lenormand.
Old 17-08-2013 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #19