Feels: 7 swords
Needs: 7 pentacles
Expects: 5 swords
Outcome: The Fool

1st Person
Feels: Page of pentacles
Needs: Ace of pentacles
Expects: 3 of swords

Although my general feeling on this spread is very negative, I would still like some good input. This relationship is not "on" right now but I still seem to hold out hope that something will change. The 7 of swords in the "relationship feels" doesn't make sense to me using the general meaning of the card. As far as I know, there's been no deceit or lying or anything of that nature. He's a man I dated a few times and feel very strongly about, and I don't understand what holds him back from me. The Fool as the probable outcome is confusing, although I guess it would mean that I would be "foolish" to hold out hope.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tartanmon

WhiteRaven

At this point in studying this relationship, I won't even attempt to try and give you an interpretation. However, I will give you a different look at the Seven of Swords.

Recently I have pulled out one of the first books I bought to learn Tarot. It's called "Tarot for Beginners An Easy Guide to Understanding & Interpretating the Tarot" by P. Scott Hollander.

In this particular book the Seven of Swords meaning is as follows:

"This is a card of hope and renewed confidence. The worst seems to be over. If you base your confidence, and your plans, on your understandings of and experiences with the situation, you may yet succeed." It goes on to say not to be over confident and reminds you to go by your own past experiences to find the strength to carry through.

Upright position:
"Hope and confidence. New attempts at overcoming previous failures which may very well succeed at this time. Possibly good advice (either your own or from some other source); instruction that you can use to straighten things out."

Hope this gives you another view of the 7 of Swords.