Daughters of the Moon aka DOM-The Wise One/Crone

WhiteRaven

Well..here is the 8th card in the "Aether" Arcana

The Wise One/Crone

you'll find the pic attached...

Discussion is open....

Ace

Looking at the book, this is a sort of Queen of Swords card, a person who cuts through the crap. ALso a King of Swords person, a person older than you who gives you good advice, again, cutting through the BS!

Since she is the crone part of the cycle (Maiden-Matron-Crone) she also signifies endings-finish and move on. And Learning from Experience.

that is about all I get right now....

WhiteRaven

This is the equivalent to the Hermit ....it speaks of inner wisdom and the Crone being the teacher passing on foresight and prudence. She's also looked upon as a spiritual guide.

"The Crone is the lamplighter of the dream world, and shows us the path through the labyrinth of that world."

Ace ...you are referring to the "Crone of Blades - Ix Chel"

WhiteRaven

It also states that she's learnt the value of "creative solitude", of being alone ("all-one").

"Wisdom is the realization of our all-oneness, hence creative solitude"

I can relate to this card in such a big way...sigh
OH how I just LOVE the HERMIT!!! UGH!

WhiteRaven

And isn't it interesting that the crone is in mid air on a "gray" horse that is going over Stonehenge? And in her left hand..is a wand...

FantasyWorld

WhiteRaven said:
And isn't it interesting that the crone is in mid air on a "gray" horse that is going over Stonehenge? And in her left hand..is a wand...

Hum...it "is" interesting that the horse has gray hair.

WhiteRaven

anymore takes on this before I post the next card?

I know...it's the holidays and stuff....;)

WhiteRaven

The next card for the study group has been posted...I've managed to screw up and jump to The Awakener...

The Awakener - Kali / The Tower

If anyone wishes to continue this discussion or any of the other one's that have been posted, please feel free to do so...I would be happy to converse with anyone about the cards...anyone can join the group at anytime :)

as we forge forward.........