Antiquarian Tarot. Just Completed!

kell

Ooohh! This deck is lovely!

ladybird

Just out of curiosity, are they printed on the lovely waxy card stock you chose for the tarot size Antiquarian Lenormand? The texture of the samples reminds me of that particular card stock. :heart:

Hi ES!! :heart: These cards will not be printed on the same card stock as the lenormand. These will be offered in a linen premium finish or regular smooth finish. The cards will be about 2.75" x 4.75" (69.85mm x 120.65mm). There will also be two more sizes, large and mini, available.

I'm curious about the card pile at the front, with no card titles. Are they a different size/no-title option?

Bookmarks to order :) But yes - what is that pile of cards ?

I'm sorry for the confusion! What you were seeing in the photo were three different sizes. the smaller stack was showing the top card which is a significator card. This deck will actually have two significator cards to choose from. I posted another picture to show the different sizes plus these two significators, one male significator and one female.

Please note that the mini cards are being resized to look like the other two. I tried the idea of enlarging the images of the mini deck thinking that cutting off part of the title would work and as you can see it doesn't.

Wow!!! Congratulations on finishing them!

When do you expect them to be up for sale?

Hi Nina! I'm planning on spending the next week sussing out the details of the cards. I'm hoping soon!

Can't WAIT to get my hands on one of these! Your Lenormand is a "Go-To" deck for me :-D

Thanks, Todd, so glad to hear that it's been working out for you! I find that I use it most of the time for client readings even though I have so many wonderful options.

Here's another picture showing a few more cards and the different sizes. AGAIN, the mini is being resized to match the original format. I really love this mini size! I've been working with it, even did a reading with a client last night and it handled beautifully. It's just a smidge bigger than the Baba Studios minis. The large is REALLY big, about the size of my large greenie Thoth deck. The standard size is roughly the same size as the Albano-Waite deck.

Thanks everyone for posting your kind words about my tarot. I'll try to share more cards with you over the next week. Aside from resizing the mini, there are a couple cards that need an adjustment to get them as perfect as I am able. However, they ARE handmade & are supposed to have that sense of imperfection about them.

Have a great weekend.

ETA: Please excuse the phone photo. I wanted to post a picture ASAP for you. I'll post better pictures as soon as I can.

Attachments

• 20141107_120656_20141107120923363.jpg
    20141107_120656_20141107120923363.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 155

MissNine

This is so cool!! I love history and the old school mixed in makes this so neat! Hope it's out soon! I am looking forward to smaller cards that are easier to hold try an my regular RW cards.

Laura Borealis

It looks great, ladybird. :) I can't wait to see more of the cards, when you're ready to share them.

Nina*

I love them. LOVE THEM!

Linfang

Wow, what a beauty! I'm certainly in line for one of these :)

MoonGypsy

They look so beautiful, my dear sister! :love:

Congratulations! i am very proud of you!

Hugs and Autumn Blessings,
MoonGypsy xox

strings of life

Following thread.

I use your special :love: Antiquarian Lenormand mini frequently and love the concept for your Tarot deck following the same theme. That Fool card!

I'm intrigued by the mini version that you will be offering.

ladybird

Hello, MG & SoL, thank you! :heart:

I've scanned some of the cards to give you a closer look. The first two files are scans of the standard smooth card stock. The last three files show the linen card stock. Shown are the regular sized cards, 2.75''×4.75'' (70mm×120mm).

I've completed all adjustments that need to be made. I'm just waiting on the printer to receive the adjusted mini sized cards...soon!

I've decided to release the deck before finishing the companion manual/extended LWB. I've a feeling it's going to take me much longer than I anticipated to complete. Since the inspiration for the cards are Albano-Waite/RWS/PFC, people can start working with them immediately as many cards should be familiar. I know Temperance and a couple others could raise some questions but I'm happy to chat and answer questions. :)

There you go! I hope you like these.

Attachments

• ATSmoothScansExamples.jpg
    ATSmoothScansExamples.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 106
  • ATSmoothScansExamples2.jpg
    ATSmoothScansExamples2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 95
  • ATLinenScansMajors.jpg
    ATLinenScansMajors.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 96
  • ATLinenScansWandsCups.jpg