Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

FLizarraga

I trimmed a Italian Morgan Greer deck I bought by accident into a pocket size. I love how it turned out! I'm considering dying the edges with blue ink as well.

I love those big, clear images in such small cards. :thumbsup:

FLizarraga

It's the perfect deck for it!

Yes! I have resisted buying it for the longest time, but now I'm enabled. :)

Did you just cut the lower part, or did you trim it all around? I know they're borderless, so that must have been difficult.

Mariqueen

Yes! I have resisted buying it for the longest time, but now I'm enabled. :)

Did you just cut the lower part, or did you trim it all around? I know they're borderless, so that must have been difficult.

I cut all around, but each card isn't cut the exact same. I'd trim off more from one side or more from the top or bottom, depending on the card to accentuate the card's symbolism. Though, I still made sure each card was still cut to the same measurements.

Mariqueen

deleted and posted in the new thread :)

Cuilfaen

trimmed Fairy Lights Tarot

yesterday I trimmed my copy of the Fairy Lights Tarot by Lucia Mattioli.
As I rearranged the cards to fit my reception of them (e.g. the "official" king of swords works as "my" emperor), the titles on the cards felt highly disturbing to me, so I (almost) got rid of them. Some fragments are still visible on some of the cards (mainly court cards and pentacles and cups), but right now I´m fine with that. If I´m bothered by them one day, I´ll try a sharpie or I´ll have to cut the cards a bit more on bottom and top. So for now I got rid of borders, most of the titles and rounded the edges.

Here´s the pictures:
Lovers, 10 of cups, queen of pentacles and king of swords
Lovers and 10 of cups
Queen of pentacles and king of swords
still beautiful back

FLizarraga

I cut all around, but each card isn't cut the exact same. I'd trim off more from one side or more from the top or bottom, depending on the card to accentuate the card's symbolism. Though, I still made sure each card was still cut to the same measurements.

It sounds like a new form of art... :)

FLizarraga

yesterday I trimmed my copy of the Fairy Lights Tarot by Lucia Mattioli.
As I rearranged the cards to fit my reception of them (e.g. the "official" king of swords works as "my" emperor), the titles on the cards felt highly disturbing to me, so I (almost) got rid of them. Some fragments are still visible on some of the cards (mainly court cards and pentacles and cups), but right now I´m fine with that. If I´m bothered by them one day, I´ll try a sharpie or I´ll have to cut the cards a bit more on bottom and top. So for now I got rid of borders, most of the titles and rounded the edges.

Here´s the pictures:
Lovers, 10 of cups, queen of pentacles and king of swords
Lovers and 10 of cups
Queen of pentacles and king of swords
still beautiful back

Beautiful, Cuilfaen!

This is the most enabling thread EVER.... :bugeyed:

Padma

You did an awesome job on them, Cuilfaen! They are lovely :)