Monthly Lunar Playing Card Oracles Draw

Madrigal

Hello PCO readers. Here is the group draw I did for the Lunar Month May 17-June 16th.

photo%201-64_zpsegmr4k6u.jpg

Head :: Lancelot du Lac ~ Jack/Eleven of Clubs
Throat :: The Wind Cape ~ Five of Clubs
Torso :: The Castle ~ Six of Hearts
Feet :: Tendra ~ 10 of Diamonds

I'm including close ups of each card since some of us don't have the Original Edition.

~ Lancelot du Lac ~

photo%203-34_zpskkaw2llk.jpg

~ The Wind Cape ~

photo%201-65_zpsjttgh9cw.jpg

~ The Castle ~

photo%202-66_zpspinbhkdh.jpg

~ Tendra ~

photo%203-35_zpssw2h6kws.jpg

Okay, go to town with your interpretations and analysis. Be as specific and thorough as you like and feel free to include geomancy, numerology, color theory etc. I hope we can all learn a lot from each other with this.

Lee

Hi Madrigal,

Thanks for posting this, and you did a great job with the photos!

I'm a bit confused -- what is the topic we're to read on? Is it our own lives for the coming month? My apologies, perhaps this is a common Oracle Readings thing that I'm just not familiar with.

Madrigal

Good question, Lee. Mainly I thought of this as a general energy reading for the month that we could each look at and analyse in our own way. The gist is to learn from each other and deepen a relationship with the cards.

But if you want to take it into the personal realm go for it. I did hold the names of each the members who expressed interest in doing this in my awareness as I shuffled. So there might very well be something there that speaks to you in a personal way.

We'll see how it goes. Perhaps it's just a little too general and some specific tent pegs are needed.

But just to start things off I'm noticing the nice balance of black and red cards, the dignified placement of the suit of Clubs and Hearts, the 'fire in the feet' and the lack of Earth/Spades. I'm also feeling a relationship between the two Courts.

lark

Beautiful presentation...just like Lee I was wondering the same thing...the general energies in the world for the month to come, or in and around our own life?

The geomancy is fortuna minor...ruled by the sun so for many of us we are coming into warmer weather in June.
Frotuna moinor is not very positive and often means you will need assistance or help from an outside source.
Just based on that I can already see in the cards a struggle to do what the heart wants as opposed to doing what is practical or actually necessary.
Repairs...verses...fun.
But I'm going to wait and see what we are supposed to focus on before I go off on a tangent that might not relate to the card draw.

Madrigal

Great, lark, thanks for jumping in! Tangents, rabbit trails, Proustian reveries...all are welcome.

lark

Ok I was thinking I might do general energies around those participating in the draw..that will make it more personal and we can then see if any of it pertains to our lives in the next month.
Someone else might like to do it as it might pertain to earth energies...I don't know, but it will be interesting whatever they chose.

lark

I just saw in my email that Ana has done her forecast...I'm not going to watch it until I've posted my reading I don't want to be influenced by what she sees.

Madrigal

I saw that, too, and wondered if there would be any synchronicities though as I said upthread I did keep this reading somewhat group-personal with folks' names. I haven't watched her forecast yet either.

Dark Victory '39

I don't know if its best to pose this question here or in the original thread of the pc oracles: but i'm wondering for those that have both versions of this deck how much cross-referencing ends up being done between the two versions? Example: i have the alchemy cards but the original book, though i have the pdf that goes w/ the alchemy. Anyway, I'm planning on my input to naturally go w/ this version of the original cards that Madrigal gorgeously laid-out; but because the meanings and depictions for certain cards are occasionally quite different, i wonder how long-term readers quite familiar w/ the original now translate it to the alchemy? I've sort of seen it as two ends of the spectrum and just like tarot there's a wide range and no card is inherently pos or neg. But for instance w/ tendra that is here shown as the 10 of diamonds, in the alchemy this same depiction is referred to as the severed head 3 diamonds. I believe nica's in our group and she's a long time user of the original, but who also has both versions and is now working w/ the alchemy. i'm super new to this oracle so i'm still figuring out how the best way to integrate is.

Dark Victory '39

first impressions

I like what Madrigal said about relation between the courts one at the crown, the other at the foot. I don't know if i'm just setting myself up for trouble but my strategy when i've done this four element reading has been to pick out the least dignified or the problem child of the spread before seeing the positives-- (i guess i am a glass is half empty sort of girl). If it wasn't for the fact that diamonds in foot position mixes well with spades, i would say tendra is the problem child of the reading. She's known for overreaching or wanting things that are out of reach (the severed head). This is where i start thinking too much and wonder if in such a dignified position as all four cards strike me as pretty well placed-- even the wind-cape in throat is remarkably clever (kind of like a 7 swords out-of-the box type thinking) should i be reading tendra in foot as go for it: go for the impossible. stretch yourself. Lancelot too seems to suggest to me at the crown as highlighting his potential--our potential this lunar cycle--for a rebirth of sorts, in especially mental areas (he himself being a club).

EDITING TO ADD a few hours later. 6 of hearts castle as being at home with these new thoughts? (i admit b.t.w. i'm totally biased if i read this as pertaining to my own development this lunar cycle. i've been feeling for a long time i need new mental juice and invigoration.)