Le Tarot Tournant (Bill's Tarot) completed!!

prudence

Baconwaffles,

It's not quite ready for sale yet. A few of us got an advance copy, I think mostly due to the fact that OnePotato (Bill) is a hugely generous person. We had been watching and waiting patiently for his full 78 card deck, after having seen his 22 card deck, Bill's Tarot. We all had fallen in love with that 22 card version, but it was a super limited edition, so really no one could get one, unless they were willing to fork out the big bucks if one popped up on EBay or somewhere similar. Then, Bill started on making a full 78 card edition, and he ended up creating the most beautiful pip cards that have ever been seen, imo.

baconwaffles

Baconwaffles,

It's not quite ready for sale yet. A few of us got an advance copy, I think mostly due to the fact that OnePotato (Bill) is a hugely generous person. We had been watching and waiting patiently for his full 78 card deck, after having seen his 22 card deck, Bill's Tarot. We all had fallen in love with that 22 card version, but it was a super limited edition, so really no one could get one, unless they were willing to fork out the big bucks if one popped up on EBay or somewhere similar. Then, Bill started on making a full 78 card edition, and he ended up creating the most beautiful pip cards that have ever been seen, imo.

Goodness, I know, they are beautiful. I keep looking around sporadically when I am reminded of this deck, hoping to see a purchase button somewhere. I guess I have to wait a bit longer for the deck to be available. Thank you for responding.

prudence

I pulled some cards today from this deck for a reading,even though I've read with it a few time, and I must say the courts and the pips speak so clearly. The majors speak loudly. This deck is a reader's deck. Even if you don't feel comfortable with "pips", you'll be able to read with this deck.

magpie9

Someone will post to tell us when we can order it,yes?..so looking forward to this deck!

prudence

Someone will post to tell us when we can order it,yes?..so looking forward to this deck!

Yes, I'm waiting too, as I'd like one of the box/book versions of this, but I think Bill is waiting to find a good printer for this. Anyway, I think we will hear something at some point in the near-ish future, hey, I've been waiting on this becoming a 78 card deck. It's been a few years, and now I've got this amazing advance copy in my hot little hands.......and it is so fantastic, but I'm aching for the box/book version. I guess this is greed as it relates to tarot decks. I should be ashamed. I should just shut up. :D I've got mine and I should be satisfied, but jeez, the thread from Tarot Creation showing all of the inter fitting boxes and the rest, I'm all of the sudden wanting more. I'm American, I am used to getting super sized deals. I'll pay some more, for another better, bigger version of the awesome thing I already have.

nicky

Yes, I'm waiting too, as I'd like one of the box/book versions of this, but I think Bill is waiting to find a good printer for this. Anyway, I think we will hear something at some point in the near-ish future, hey, I've been waiting on this becoming a 78 card deck. It's been a few years, and now I've got this amazing advance copy in my hot little hands.......and it is so fantastic, but I'm aching for the box/book version. I guess this is greed as it relates to tarot decks. I should be ashamed. I should just shut up. :D I've got mine and I should be satisfied, but jeez, the thread from Tarot Creation showing all of the inter fitting boxes and the rest, I'm all of the sudden wanting more. I'm American, I am used to getting super sized deals. I'll pay some more, for another better, bigger version of the awesome thing I already have.

Worth every dime - and I would be able use my deck with a little less paranoia - I have been showing it off to local tarot fiends but I would love to bring it to my tarot meetup but that would mean watching 20 people pass it around in a coffee shop - so NO WAY lol

MissChiff

Wow! You guys are making it so hard to wait.....

gregory

Worth every dime - and I would be able use my deck with a little less paranoia - I have been showing it off to local tarot fiends
You just WOULD have tarot fiends, wouldn't you :joke:

The suspense is killing me.

Debra

Part I

I want to share some thoughts about these cards.

I’m sorry to be out of synch with everyone else who’s commented. I’ve had some distractions, and also mixed feelings about weighing in.

I’m feeling a bit shy about commenting in part because I’ve been cheerleading these cards since the day I realized that OnePotato = Bill. We joined the forum at about the same time, and over the years both Bill and Mrs. OnePotato have become good friends. I’ve been to their house, seen the deck in progress, and am over the moon that it’s completed with samples sent to some people who’ve encouraged Bill over the years.

I got into tarot unthinkingly, with almost no knowledge of Christian iconography, no real “belief” in divination, and no imagination about how to read cards. I know what looks interesting and right; I don’t always know how to explain why. I know what grabs at my heart and mind but I can’t always discern why.

Bill and Carol got turned on to tarot by taking a course at the Cooper Union on math in art. (They have a wonderful collection of old decks, many from the Kaplan collection auction of a few years back).

Bill has already written in his blog some of what we discussed over the years—ideas that profoundly changed how I see tarot in general and his deck specifically.