Delos Tarot + Tea Leaf Oracle Reading

Amanda

A few days ago I was just trying out my new Delos Tarot deck and did a PPF spread on "work" -- these are the cards I got:

Past: 10 of Pentacles + Bridge: Successfully overcoming a problem.
Present: Queen of Cups + Feather: Someone you know is undependable or insincere.
Future: 7 of Swords + Beetle: Good fortune.

I thought the 10 of Pentacles + Bridge was suggesting something like being accepted more deeply into my organization, which wasn't really a problem for me to just be doing what I was doing, but some of my higher skills started getting utilized when my bosses started delegating, and this started providing me more hours to work as well, when I had just started thinking I needed to look for another job to supplement my current incomes.

The Queen I wasn't really sure about; I did find out that the woman that likes to 'take charge' and wanted to go to lunch with me is a Scorpio (her birthday is coming up on the 24th) so I thought maybe this had something to do with her -- we still haven't rescheduled a lunch together, so maybe she's just going to blow it off or forget about it.

The 7 of Swords I wasn't sure about either because the tea card suggests good fortune. It could be saying something about me taking a risk and that risk will pay off in some way.

~~~~~

Then, I was just trying out LilliumStargazer's spread for more practice with my Delos tarot and no particular focus, and all three of these cards showed up in it.

--------2-------
----5--1--4----
-------3---------
------------6---

1. What is seeking me at present? - 7 of Swords + Bird-Flying: News is on the way.
So in the last spread, the tea card was positive whereas this one is a little more neutral. I'm not sure if this is suggesting something about a 'risk' of some kind is currently seeking me out (since that was in the future position of the other spread) or if this is something different, like news about 'failure' perhaps.

2. Ways I am helping this seek me. - 3 of Pentacles + Rose: Romance is in the air.
The Rose really throws me off -- the last time I had this was in a work situation, and it ended up having to do with a delivery man at my store developing a crush on me. He was very flirty, friendly, and gave me lots of side-hugs. None of this happens within my current workplace (not to me anyway, and not anyone else that I've noticed). I'm not really sure how to tie the work/romance to the risk/news of the first position. There is a guy that's kind of flirty, but I genuinely think that's just how he is, and probably not just with me.

3. Ways I am hindering this seeking me. - King of Wands + Parrot: Someone will gossip about all your secrets.
I thought this would have to do with someone else, probably a man, doing some gossiping about me or something. I'm still not sure who this would be. The flirty guy is a Taurus actually, his birthday is two days after mine, that's how I found out. Another guy I work with seems a little gossip-y, and he's a Virgo, but could be a wand. There is an Aries, but he's been a long-time family friend of mine; I doubt he would be gossiping about me.

4. Where should I focus my energy? - Queen of Cups + Disappointment in a friend or lover.
Could this be on the Scorpio lady? Will she be having some issues with someone else?

5. Where should I not focus my energy? - 10 of Swords + Angel: Spiritual guidance. Protection from harm.
This seems to be suggesting something about 'ruin' and either not worrying about it, or believing that whatever happens was something that was meant to be and higher powers are taking care of it, or...?

6. Near future if followed. - 10 of Pentacles + 4-Leaf Clover: Great, good fortune.
I thought this was kind of touching back upon taking a risk and it paying off. I'm not sure; it seems there will be a positive outcome, despite the negativity earlier on in the spread. If the 7 of Swords was first described as 'good fortune' by the oracle, then 'news on the way' -- could it be suggesting something about someone else's loss will be my gain? Will people be gossiping about that? Or maybe the 7 of Swords is suggesting that I will help recover something, which may solidify my value to the company (10oP)?

Any ideas?

SA12

I think I'm more inclined to look at this 'which I seek' spread separately from the PPF, even though you have some common cards, these cards are really telling another kind of "story" with the ways their energies show up.

So:
1. What is seeking me at present? - 7 of Swords + Bird-Flying: News is on the way.
So in the last spread, the tea card was positive whereas this one is a little more neutral. I'm not sure if this is suggesting something about a 'risk' of some kind is currently seeking me out (since that was in the future position of the other spread) or if this is something different, like news about 'failure' perhaps.

The 7 of Swords is my "information" card. Like unless it's a love reading and we're dealing with a commitment-phobe or cheater, it has a foxy-fox quality to it, and I really started feeling this way after reading with BOS So below and Druid Craft, as both show papers and letters and writing in the 7 of Swords -- dunno about your new deck though! Anyway, many times when I've gotten the 7 of Swords for general/work readings, I find that you can be in a position to discover something covertly that you can use to your benefit (or the benefit of family). It's not always about someone being cut-throat towards you -- but rather, you need to be the one to play coy, but act fast. As such, I think you're going to run across a secret, some "insider" knowledge at work that could influence your decision to stay, or where you turn your search if you are looking for additional outside opportunity.

2. Ways I am helping this seek me. - 3 of Pentacles + Rose: Romance is in the air.
The Rose really throws me off -- the last time I had this was in a work situation, and it ended up having to do with a delivery man at my store developing a crush on me. He was very flirty, friendly, and gave me lots of side-hugs. None of this happens within my current workplace (not to me anyway, and not anyone else that I've noticed). I'm not really sure how to tie the work/romance to the risk/news of the first position. There is a guy that's kind of flirty, but I genuinely think that's just how he is, and probably not just with me.

Meh, I don't see love in 'Rose' here...but more like you 'smell like a rose' no matter what at work. 3 of Pentacles = strong team work and building trust -- hence you are more likely to be trusted with the secret(s) (7 of Swords).

3. Ways I am hindering this seeking me. - King of Wands + Parrot: Someone will gossip about all your secrets.
I thought this would have to do with someone else, probably a man, doing some gossiping about me or something. I'm still not sure who this would be. The flirty guy is a Taurus actually, his birthday is two days after mine, that's how I found out. Another guy I work with seems a little gossip-y, and he's a Virgo, but could be a wand. There is an Aries, but he's been a long-time family friend of mine; I doubt he would be gossiping about me.

I see the these cards as you for the most part, not another guy. Naturally, good common sense about avoiding office gossip applies though; if you learn something or in some way get distinguished with a promotion or more responsibility, be careful with how you engage with your subordinates -- if you need to be the boss, be the boss -- don't be worried about "being the friend" to former "equals." The King's parrot here is cautioning you to properly wield that authority with discretion and poise -- and I'm not saying this at all to suggest being mean or controlling, but it is about establishing yourself as a leader who commands respect and sets an example. My intuition tells me if you get some kind of promotion, whatever you do, don't "vent" to your subordinates in an effort to still try and be "on the same level." And do not be worried that you don't "deserve it" or worry about coming off as a "snob" for doing your job -- because someone has to be in charge, dammit, and you've earned it!

4. Where should I focus my energy? - Queen of Cups + Disappointment in a friend or lover.
Could this be on the Scorpio lady? Will she be having some issues with someone else?

Well... I'm more inclined to see you here. Your intuition may tell you something else, but this makes me wonder how things are at home/outside of work? Is there a situation with someone brewing that you maybe need to properly and honestly deal with?

5. Where should I not focus my energy? - 10 of Swords + Angel: Spiritual guidance. Protection from harm.
This seems to be suggesting something about 'ruin' and either not worrying about it, or believing that whatever happens was something that was meant to be and higher powers are taking care of it, or...?

Release your fear of failure.

6. Near future if followed. - 10 of Pentacles + 4-Leaf Clover: Great, good fortune.
I thought this was kind of touching back upon taking a risk and it paying off. I'm not sure; it seems there will be a positive outcome, despite the negativity earlier on in the spread. If the 7 of Swords was first described as 'good fortune' by the oracle, then 'news on the way' -- could it be suggesting something about someone else's loss will be my gain? Will people be gossiping about that? Or maybe the 7 of Swords is suggesting that I will help recover something, which may solidify my value to the company (10oP)?

Any ideas?

This pair suggests a stable and prosperous outlook with the company. Enjoy the immediate, but that 10 of Pentacles is screaming for you to make plans for the future. Don't get complacent -- think 1, 3, or 5 year plans....

SA12

A few days ago I was just trying out my new Delos Tarot deck and did a PPF spread on "work" -- these are the cards I got:

Past: 10 of Pentacles + Bridge: Successfully overcoming a problem.
Present: Queen of Cups + Feather: Someone you know is undependable or insincere.
Future: 7 of Swords + Beetle: Good fortune.

Like I said before, this PPF spread does somewhat echo the other, but you have a more compact snapshot.

10 + Bridge = You are over the 'wilderness' -- you know you're in a good work situation with room to expand and grow.

Queen + Feather = Well, that could be the Scorpio lady BUT do make sure that you aren't the one being bird-brained too ;) It seems a waste for the Queen to not take advantage of the opportunities now that she's on the other side of the Bridge. Even if there's much affection and enjoyment for the present job, the winds of change are inevitable, and it's better sometimes not to be a feather on the breeze, so always have an "emergency" plan and get serious about future goals.

The Beetle + 7 is pointing to a big opportunity for a goal coming soon. I maintain that the 7 of Swords is going to take the shape of "covert" information... Star is your summary. Watch your emails...

Amanda

The 7 of Swords is my "information" card. Like unless it's a love reading and we're dealing with a commitment-phobe or cheater, it has a foxy-fox quality to it, and I really started feeling this way after reading with BOS So below and Druid Craft, as both show papers and letters and writing in the 7 of Swords -- dunno about your new deck though! Anyway, many times when I've gotten the 7 of Swords for general/work readings, I find that you can be in a position to discover something covertly that you can use to your benefit (or the benefit of family). It's not always about someone being cut-throat towards you -- but rather, you need to be the one to play coy, but act fast. As such, I think you're going to run across a secret, some "insider" knowledge at work that could influence your decision to stay, or where you turn your search if you are looking for additional outside opportunity.

Here is a pic showing the 7 of Swords: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3e/5d/fa/3e5dfa947417fc07e537075491c90375.jpg
The deck is very RWS-based, but done up in a cute style with bold/catch-y colors. The 7 of Swords person is a "cat burglar" which I did look up specifically: a thief who enters a building by climbing to an upper story. I couldn't really translate that to anything other than the foxy-fox quality you are suggesting -- an agile, nimble kind-of-thief. I do have the SO Below deck and did have the DruidCraft, so I understand what you're suggesting about 'information'.

Meh, I don't see love in 'Rose' here...but more like you 'smell like a rose' no matter what at work. 3 of Pentacles = strong team work and building trust -- hence you are more likely to be trusted with the secret(s) (7 of Swords).

Well, I hope that's the case. LOL I have no reason to believe anything negative anyway. The only thing really different about this card is the master faces a couple with a smile on his face, ready to please. He not only carries a hammer, but a briefcase -- it's got a strange mix of 'unique or special/professional' with those two symbols. The lady has a wrapped up piece of paper in one hand (secret/not yet known information?).

I see the these cards as you for the most part, not another guy. Naturally, good common sense about avoiding office gossip applies though; if you learn something or in some way get distinguished with a promotion or more responsibility, be careful with how you engage with your subordinates -- if you need to be the boss, be the boss -- don't be worried about "being the friend" to former "equals." The King's parrot here is cautioning you to properly wield that authority with discretion and poise -- and I'm not saying this at all to suggest being mean or controlling, but it is about establishing yourself as a leader who commands respect and sets an example. My intuition tells me if you get some kind of promotion, whatever you do, don't "vent" to your subordinates in an effort to still try and be "on the same level." And do not be worried that you don't "deserve it" or worry about coming off as a "snob" for doing your job -- because someone has to be in charge, dammit, and you've earned it!

Here's the thing; if this is me, then I would likely have a difficult time 'fitting in' for being too authentic perhaps. I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything, but I suddenly get quiet when others are gossiping/judging. I just don't engage in gossip. If I do say something in a conversation like this, it tends to be 'out of the way' to re-direct the conversation towards something more positive. In this way, I may come off as a snob, I guess? It is very difficult for me to "schmooze" or "buddy" with people in less-than-genuine ways. I could never be a politician, for example.

Well... I'm more inclined to see you here. Your intuition may tell you something else, but this makes me wonder how things are at home/outside of work? Is there a situation with someone brewing that you maybe need to properly and honestly deal with?

Well, Quint is Judgment, I do tend to have 'bouts' of wrath towards my husband for leaving me earlier this year. Anger and disappointment just creeps up on me about him from time-to-time. Judgment is a card of releasing the past, and the Queen of Cups is usually still focused on it in some sense... it could be suggesting I dump that cup with those negative feelings.

Release your fear of failure.

Makes perfect sense.

This pair suggests a stable and prosperous outlook with the company. Enjoy the immediate, but that 10 of Pentacles is screaming for you to make plans for the future. Don't get complacent -- think 1, 3, or 5 year plans....

It's such a laid-back company; I'm not sure I could get in that 'groove' of future plans. LOL It already feels like I'm 'locked in'. I know that I probably won't go anywhere, especially if they keep asking me to complete special projects. I was told by one of the co-directors that she would like to get me squeezed into the office (but there is another part-time lady that is about as new as I am -slightly longer than me- currently in an office position, but not set to take upon any other role besides 'support' from what I can tell). I have a feeling that once I'm in the office, nearer to upper management, I will likely be much quicker to get an office and a title... at least, that is how it seems.

Amanda

10 + Bridge = You are over the 'wilderness' -- you know you're in a good work situation with room to expand and grow.

That's a good way of putting it. LOL
I do not have that murky sense of 'wilderness' about my work anymore... something that felt so lost to me (and for a long time) in the past.

Queen + Feather = Well, that could be the Scorpio lady BUT do make sure that you aren't the one being bird-brained too ;) It seems a waste for the Queen to not take advantage of the opportunities now that she's on the other side of the Bridge. Even if there's much affection and enjoyment for the present job, the winds of change are inevitable, and it's better sometimes not to be a feather on the breeze, so always have an "emergency" plan and get serious about future goals.

This lady does like her comfort zone. :D
I do wonder if that might be a weakness for me that might make me 'undependable' in some sense. It could be that I am too accepting of my current situation, and that I'm not as forward about what I want (what do I want, really?) that this could slow things down for me. I could be soaking up the goodness, perhaps a little too much. I have actually told my bosses that this job has been a 'blessing' to me -- and that was completely honest, based on the circumstances I was in when I was hired (husband just left) and where I have come from work-wise (retail Hell). This job has truly been a safe, loving, comforting place to be; a place that has been repairing something inside of me.

The Beetle + 7 is pointing to a big opportunity for a goal coming soon. I maintain that the 7 of Swords is going to take the shape of "covert" information... Star is your summary. Watch your emails...

That could be -- there is a project for the boss of my bosses; he may reach out via email for my help, now that I think of it. Initially he had sent out an email to people asking for someone good with PowerPoint. My boss asked me if I would be interested in helping with that before she responded, and said he may have found someone else by the time she waited to ask me. I said I would be interested in helping with that, and my boss had joked something along the lines of making sure her boss knew that I would just be on LOAN and that I couldn't be stolen away. :laugh: Anyway, he did relay that he thought he had found someone, but would contact her/me if he needed additional help...? Though, time is crunching for that deadline -- this was about a week or so ago that this went down, and I think they needed it completed by the end of the month to present to some government officials. Then again, the 7 of Swords is also called "haste" in some decks :bugeyed: -- I hope something like this doesn't drop in my lap at the 11th hour!