New Deck reading - Hermetic Tarot

Trogon

I did a New Deck reading for the Hermetic Tarot I bought the other day. It was an interesting reading ...

1 (What will you teach me?) - 7 of Wands; Perseverance? Helping me to stick to my path of learning. Helping me to overcome the blockages and struggles that hold me back. Expanding my consciousness in spite of things getting in the way.

2 (What do you need from me?) Knight of Pentacles-rx; Moving beyond the earthly things. Appears this will be a deck for psychic/spiritual work. I will be developing my esoteric abilities and do much meditative and spiritual work.

3 (What will our relationship be like?) The Star-rx; With this deck we will be exploring painful areas, exposing personal issues to the light so that I, or my querents, can work our way through them. This is not necessarily a deck for predictive readings, but rather one for plumbing the depths of the psyche.

I especially struggled with The Star-rx. I have rarely gotten this card in a reading at all and, though the position seemed to call for a rather positive interpretation, it seemed that the reversed Star was not very positive. I "slept on it" and the next day realized that it is a positive thing to explore seemingly negative things with the Tarot. A very interesting thing is that later when I did a New Deck reading with my new Tarot Illuminati, I got The Star-rx in the same position.

Amanda

Some additions to your interpretations:

1 (What will you teach me?) - 7 of Wands; Perseverance? Helping me to stick to my path of learning. Helping me to overcome the blockages and struggles that hold me back. Expanding my consciousness in spite of things getting in the way.

This deck is probably going to help you redefine how you read; it'll teach you to see and strengthen the stand-out positives from messy negatives.

2 (What do you need from me?) Knight of Pentacles-rx; Moving beyond the earthly things. Appears this will be a deck for psychic/spiritual work. I will be developing my esoteric abilities and do much meditative and spiritual work.

This deck is going to need you to stray from your well-worn path and fixed presets.

3 (What will our relationship be like?) The Star-rx; With this deck we will be exploring painful areas, exposing personal issues to the light so that I, or my querents, can work our way through them. This is not necessarily a deck for predictive readings, but rather one for plumbing the depths of the psyche.

It could be frustrating- straying from a known path is difficult, and learning yet another language of a different deck is sometimes difficult, but the Star is still fairly positive none-the-less.

Just some quick thoughts!

headincloud

Looking at the overall picture there's some sort of challenge or opposition in the 7W, you're up against it somehow. The knight P rx highlights some sort of rut or maybe unemployment, there are problems motivating yourself under this card but the 7W seems to say you're not giving into it or taking it lying down and tied to this rut is lack of self-esteem and lack of hope in the star rx.

This may be the first situation or obstacle the tarot will walk you through, and it may also be your attitude towards tarot, your lack of self belief may be hindering your progress.

Trogon

Some additions to your interpretations:

This deck is probably going to help you redefine how you read; it'll teach you to see and strengthen the stand-out positives from messy negatives.

This deck is going to need you to stray from your well-worn path and fixed presets.

It could be frustrating- straying from a known path is difficult, and learning yet another language of a different deck is sometimes difficult, but the Star is still fairly positive none-the-less.

Just some quick thoughts!

Those are very good thoughts. Your interpretations of the 7W and Kn of Pents-rx were quite helpful. I think those were thoughts that I was having trouble putting together during that reading.

Your thoughts on The Star-rx are quite good as well. It does bring in the positive idea of the position with the seeming negative of the card.

Thanks so much!

Trogon

Looking at the overall picture there's some sort of challenge or opposition in the 7W, you're up against it somehow. The knight P rx highlights some sort of rut or maybe unemployment, there are problems motivating yourself under this card but the 7W seems to say you're not giving into it or taking it lying down and tied to this rut is lack of self-esteem and lack of hope in the star rx.

This may be the first situation or obstacle the tarot will walk you through, and it may also be your attitude towards tarot, your lack of self belief may be hindering your progress.

Hmmm. Yes, I can see those fitting my situation to an extent. Certainly there is a challenge since I am coming back into Tarot from a hiatus of a few years. I don't think "unemployment" fits ... well, unless I retire, but that's probably a few years off yet. Another challenge that may fit in there is my need to de-clutter my personal space (physically). That actually came up in a self-reading last night.

My lack of "self-belief", as you aptly put it, could relate to the deck itself. The Hermetic, along with the Egyptian Tarot that I've been working with don't have scenic Minors, and as such I feel might be more difficult for me to work with. Though challenging myself with those Minors was one of the things that attracted me to the Hermetic Tarot. To challenge myself and delve deeper into the meanings of the cards beyond the scenes I usually work with.

Excellent thoughts headincloud, thanks!

Trogon

These were very helpful. Thanks!

No more replies please.