What does (insert card) mean to you?

rcb30872

I have done this spread because I still have difficulty in understanding some cards, no matter how much I look at the card and read about it in books, I just don't get the meaning. So I thought that I would do a spread that would help to clarify for me, and it can be used in relation to a question or position as well as a general meaning.

Here it is

1**********2**********3************4

Position 1: What influences does this card have on you?
Position 2: What are the strengths associated with this card?
Position 3: What are the weaknesses associated with this card?
Position 4: What is the overall meaning of the card for you?

Can use other cards for clarification with a particular position if needed
for example if you heed clarification with What influences does this card have on you you would have

1***********2*************3*************4

5****************************************

You can have as many clarifying cards that you wish/want/need with any of the positions.

It has helped me, I will be posting examples of this in one of the spreads I have done and this could be found here
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=43251

Bec

BodhiSeed

Bec,
Thanks for this one! I often have a spread that makes sense, except for one card that doesn't seem to fit. This will be a big help!
Many Blessings,
Bodhran

rcb30872

I hope it helps you, it did for me. Except for when I pulled a clarifying card and it was the card that I wanted to know the meaning for. Maybe I should not have the card in the deck when I do this sort of reading. Any ideas on that?

Bec

cormac

this is perfect for a reading i've been struggling with -- a recurring card for a friend -- a couple spreads for recurring cards i've tried just are not working (probably my dim brain) -- this one is very nice and clean

BodhiSeed

Bec,
I think I would leave that card out of the deck. The Tarot definitely has a sense of humor and I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up again if left in!
Blessings,
Bodhran

Sophie-David

rcb30872 said:
I hope it helps you, it did for me. Except for when I pulled a clarifying card and it was the card that I wanted to know the meaning for. Maybe I should not have the card in the deck when I do this sort of reading. Any ideas on that?
I think this is a great idea Bec! Spatial imagery is very important to me, so I think I would always put the card that I am investigating at the top, centred above the other four, as Position #0.

David

rcb30872

Yeah, I think that I will have to make a point on keeping the card out. I espcially like the suggesion by Sophie-David. Thanks for your ideas and input.

Bec

Amandajane

bodhran said:
Bec,
I think I would leave that card out of the deck. The Tarot definitely has a sense of humor and I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up again if left in!
Blessings,
Bodhran
LOL I am with you on that one I have found yes The Tarot or the power that be does have a sense of humour

Dragons Lady

wow thanks....makes much more sense when reading :}

Ivy Rhiannon

rcb30872 said:

Bec

Why not use it as a significator card? This spread is something I've been looking for. Thanks for sharing!