Are We There Yet?

WalesWoman

This is a spread of massive proportions and can be read several ways. From the trial spread I did with it, (and am still in the process of interpreting all the various layers and meanings from it), it does reveal a lot of some fairly obvious things I knew, but also much I didn't. I don't often use large spreads, but this one started out as a journey and seemed to gain a life of it's own as I thought of what we encounter and need to prepare for on the road of life. Most definately, not a quicky spread to read.

Are We There Yet?

********16*******15
**14******13*****12
******11****10****9
*************7***6
***********5***3***2

1. Desired Destination - Goal/where you want to be
2. Driver -Querant
3. Passengers- Concerns, other people
4. Vehicle- What you use to get to goal/skills/methods/
5. Fuel - Level of energy you use to get there/ motivations
6. Insurance Policy- Things that protect you, external
7. Fasten SeatBelt- Things you do for safety / protection/ restraints/
defenses
8. Loaded Luggage- The things you accumulate and bring with you/
expectations
9. Road Map - What guides you, keeps you on track/ your vision of how to
get there
10. Driving Conditions- Present state of affairs/situation
11. Bridges to Cross - Things you have to deal with to progress/ transitions
12. Potholes- Things you do or don't see but get you down/things that can
sabotage/bog you down, get you stuck
13. Stones in the Road - Obstacles to avoid, things that can cause a
wreck/things you can't change or overcome
14. Detours- Unavoidable temporary set backs or obstacles/ something you
have to do before you can get back on your chosen course
15. Road Markers- Signs and signals to look out for, external guidance/help
could be warnings/ advice/ something you need to pay attention to
16. Mileage Markers- Level of progress/ let you know where you are, how
far you've come and how far you have yet to go.
17. State of Arrival - Probable outcome / Reaching your goal and what you
discover there, sort of what condition you get there in.

What i found interesting is the various patterns and reading the cards in groups.
I had 1 and 17 together as sort of a contrast between expectations of goals and looking at it again, after the experience of getting there. How realistic are they.

I thought #4, as what supports or drives #3, 5, 7 and 8 and how the perceptions from #2 and #6 affect the balance.

I also read the long diagonal formed by #2, 6, 8, 10, 13, 16 as the querent in a nutshell, things to pay particular attention to.

The upright line of #9, 12, 15 As a possible recurrent pattern of behavior in dealing with situations in general

I looked at #3, 7, 11, 14 Dealing with relationships, concerns and where they stand.

I had another flash, that maybe one of these groupings would show the nature of the detour. most likely 10, 11, 14, 16, 13, and it's 9 12, 15 is what actually will gets you to 17.

You can get your own feel about how to read this, card by card or in groups and make your own associations that fit your situation and trip.

As I stated earlier, this is a long, long spread, for a long, long trip, so perhaps you might want to use a small pocket sized travel deck. After I laid it out with DruidCraft, it almost became a literal bed spread.

Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

SatinAngelsBaby

That is a good one. I will have to try that one. Putting that one away in a folder.Thank you for sharing
SAB