Giant Rider Waite Smith

Grigori

I am wanting to buy the Giant RWS, but have no idea what the measurements on the USG website mean :|

Weight: 1.20 lbs
Size: 23/4" x 43/4"

I assume that 23 x 43 inches is wrong, cause that is HUGE (60cm x 110cm-ish I think), but then 2 3/4 x 4 3/4 inches (7 x 12cm-ish) seems way too small.....

Does anyone know how large this deck is, and what the quality is etc... Maybe my conversions are way off base....?

Thanks so much :)

Asher

The outer box measure 4 x 7 inches, and the images themselves are 3 3/4 x 6 1/2. I have had mine for several years, very good for teaching and seeing details.

Card quality is excellent, laminated and they hold up to shuffling (not always easy with cards this tall).

Hope this helps!

Asher

Fulgour

I say this in all good cheer and pleasant helpfulness,
but USGames recently "upgraded" the Giant edition
and it now has typeset titles and thinner card stock.

The new ones are printed (as of my last sighting) in
Italy ~ this although now USGames prints in China.

Printed in Belgium say the older decks (of 78 cards)
and they have the script lettering on a better stock.

There is an older 22 card edition, but I don't care! :)

Grigori

Thanks so much guys :) I will seek out a deck, and hope I can get the older ones. I really like the hand written titles.

*similia crosses his fingers*

Emily

I have the newer version - even with the strange lamination and typset wording I like it alot.

The images hit you straight between the eyes, they feel good to handle, if they stick together (which they still do because they are still new) - I flex them and they come apart right away and being so big the flexing causes no damage, I thought the size would be a problem but its not - I can fit six cards comfortably together, bigger spreads do need a little more space but the deck is worth it.

I wish I'd bought this deck for study and I probably would never have moved on - Its a deck that makes a statement and has a different feel from the standard size RWS :D

Little Baron

I keep seeing this deck around on occasion but so far, have not taken the bite. I always think 'oh, it can't be that much different' but now you have got me thinking Emily. What stands out more on the larger version? Do you ever do readings with it? I can imagine it being a great one for three card spreads.

LB

Emily

Hi LB,

It reads really really well - the images are so big, details just come straight out at you. The colours seem really bright but the deck is the same colour as the standard RWS. The artwork is crisp and loses nothing by being made so big.

Its the largest deck I have and it is a firm favourite but I only bought it on a whim last year and it was also the first deck to give me trouble as soon as I opened it. The laminate makes them stick together when first new but it does wear off but when they first came out of the box they were one solid block of cards that didn't want to be seperated then I realised that by flexing them you break the static and then they slide around like they've been waxed.

It really is an attractive version of the RWS. :)

Little Baron

Thanks Emily

I will look out for it and next time I see it, it will be MINE!! ;)

Thanks for the info.

LB

coredil

printed in Belgium

One should not read every thread!
Curious about Fulgours informations, I looked on amazon and founded a used Giant RWS deck.
Asking the seller, she said: the deck comes with the original box, is printed in Belgium and has english handwritten looking titles on the cards.
Well, guess what, I bought it ;)

wizzle

Love it

I got a giant RWS after reading this thread and I love it. The colors are identical to the ones in the smaller (but older) standard version but they seem brighter because the cards are so big. And they are big, too big for me to shuffle but wonderful for study.

Readings with this deck feel Important. I love it.