Do these Children become those Adults?

Fulgour

Below please find a scan with two cards,
which I have trimmed slightly and joined.

Many peculiar details are very similar and
I thought a different angle might provide
and enhanced viewing sensation of them.

The 6 of Cups and The 5 of Pentacles...
do these children become those adults?

Attachments

• How Many Things Are Alike...JPG
    How Many Things Are Alike...JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 372

Papageno

it is certainly possible isn't it. but the 5 of penatcles can move on to a brighter future.
what made you post that? I don't fully understand your point.

Gayla

Fulgor, you have my full attention.

I see the possibility, but I don't see the peculiar details...

Can those children become those adults...most certainly. The innocence of childhood is quickly washed away by the harsh realities of adulthood.

Prosperity can be turned into poverty on a dime.

Happiness, warmness and contentment can before sad, cold and lost in an instant.

I am sure we could make this connection is a Past Present Future type of reading.

Papageno

Gayla said:
Fulgor, you have my full attention.

Can those children become those adults...most certainly. The innocence of childhood is quickly washed away by the harsh realities of adulthood.

Prosperity can be turned into poverty on a dime.

Happiness, warmness and contentment can before sad, cold and lost in an instant.

I am sure we could make this connection is a Past Present Future type of reading.

a past present future reading can also indicate that what was once lost, opportunity offered but tossed aside, can be had again in the future, second chances are possible.

Fulgour

Hello Gayla

Gayla said:
It is often suggested that the boy in the 6 of Cups
may be experiencing stunted growth somehow and
Arcano mentioned his long neck. There's something.

Also, look at how one of the flowers is truned away,
which gives 5 star-shaped flowers, like 5 Pentacles.

Then there is the clothing, and the buildings, etc...

YDM42

I understand (as an artist) you are seeing the symmatry between the cards. I see it too. However - the fives come after the 6's- so if I saw these two together I would believe that because of hardship or harsh realities being an adult - one finds comfort or even strength in memories and emotional feelings of the past. After all that is what makes us hold on- knowledge of how things use to be and still can be- maybe that is what makes us love- unconditionally- maybe our childhood ideas-thoughts and memories keep us from reaching out for help? I would look at it from 5--->6 and not really reversed. Besides the fact that one is emotional- water and the other-solid or reality.

Elven

hi Fulgour :)

My first impression on seeing the two cards you posted and what the reaction ...
"We are all, each and everyone, just a breath away ... there are no exemptions ... we are all equal"

What you have highlighted through these two cards is something I think represents an aspect of many families.

I have seen the four as the adoption card - reunion of families, forgiveness, grace and innocents, siblings. The 5 representing the parents. If the cycle persists, then yes, in a way, this will represent the pendulum swing within a generation.

Just an aspect I was thinking of - I also have the 4 of cups as my card for Britain - not that thats got anything to do with it, but I just thought I'd add that :p

Blessings Elven x

YDM42

for clarity- we discussing the images in which two cards? I"m confused now- i thought it was the children in the six of cups evolving in some way to the adults in the 5 of pents?

Elven

YMD42 :)

I'm not sure if it was my post which confused you - I wasnt interpreting the cards, just the symbolic chemistry I feel through the images, and see the children of the 6 of cups connected to the 5 of pentacles in a relationship type of association - not one of growing into these people, but as their parents. I can see that.

I put my RW next to each other, and its quiet different seeing the 2 people on the 5 of pents walking away with their backs turned to the children - maybe thats my impression - but I have some trouble seeing the illustrated connection as the children becoming these adults - though there are no definates - its possible indeed - and thats where interpretation of the cards comes through the symbolism of possibilities.

I also though looked through the other card images and saw the larger child (male) in the 6 of cups represented in the 5, 6 and 8 of pentacles, also the Hanged Man.
Respectively the female in the 5 of pentacles being represented in the 6 of pents.

The smaller child of the 6 of cups represented in the 5 of pentacles and the 6 of pentacles as well.
If you put them all side by side I think theres a story there in image, association and interpretation.

Sorry I maybe broadening the connection from the original two cards posted, but I looked at the other cup cards and found a better representation through the illustrations in the pentacles.

Blessings Elven x

PS!! Fulgour - thankyou for the prompt to look at the cards - I never noticed the dude walking away in the background on the 6 of cups before!! Yes Ive had the cards for years, I didnt realize Id had any eye problems for that length of time though :p :bugeyed: LOL!!!
x

Rosanne

No I do not think the children from 6 Cups became 5 Pentacles. I think Pamela might well have given a more direct hint of that. Philosopically of course that might have become the outcome, but the ages are so vastly different and maybe the social standing of the pair. The lad from 6 Cups may be the Hanged Man later- that is the sort of direct clue that I feel Pamela may have made- blue Tunic, red leggings. Giving when young, hands forward, sacrificing when older, hands behind back. Maybe the pair in the boat 6 Swords, did not find Sanctuary and ended up wandering aimlessly and poor in 5 Pentacles. As I said it is all possible, but I do not think likely. My it is fun to look and wonder though neh? ~Rosanne