Sheridan Douglas - 2 of Swords

Sulis

I love this card and would go so far as to say that it could be my favourite 2 of Swords card ever (I do like the Heron Conver Marseilles version a lot too though :))

A yellow androgynous figure sits or kneels against a black background.
He or she holds 2 swords, one in either hand, the right arm is raised but across her (I'm calling this figure a her) body whilst the left arm and sword is lower but once again across her body.
Before her lies a body of water, coloured purple and behind her are orange flames.
Her hair blows back in the wind.

This is such a powerful image.

2 swords - 2 points of view or 2 thoughts, held in balance.
She looks as if she is guarding herself, holding off emotions (represented by the water), or could it be more spiritual than that? Holding off her subconscious?
She is also holding off passion and growth (represented by the fire).

She wants to stay just like this, on guard but not moving .... I get the feeling that it's not going to last for long though, the flames and water will soon be upon her.

Yellow to me stands for the intellect and the mind -she's trying to keep this logical but for how long?

Attachments

• 2 Swords.jpg
    2 Swords.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 104

cherries

i must admit, i don't connect with this card as much as some others, if only because she is not blindfolded. that is a key feature of the card, as it helps me to remember the idea of indecision and 'heart vs head'!

Moonbow

Maybe not blindfolded.... but blind.

The figure sits in a lotus position, but the meditation is not one of calming the mind, it's more one of acting out thoughts, while in deep concentration. Fully engrossed in the moment. With fire in the distance and water in front, it represents opposites, joined by this active medititation.

Great card, which shows how our mind tries to even out thoughts and emotions and the struggle we sometimes have in keeping thoughts under control.