Tarot of the Saints - Study Group Index

Moonbow

Hello,

This is where all the threads for the Tarot of the Saints will be indexed.

Please start a new thread for each card, and for future posters, please feel free to add to any threads already started.

It would be helpful to us if you could send a PM when you have started a new thread so that we can add it to the index.

Thanks
Sulis x

Discussion thread

Majors
The Fool
I - St. Nicholas - The Magician
II - St. Mary Magdalen - The Papesse
III - St. Helena - The Empress
IV - St. Constantine - The Emperor
V - St. Peter - The Hierophant

Minors
Aces
[utl=http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1410596#post1410596]Fours[/url]

Courts
Squires
Knights
Queens
Kings

room

Orgainizational Information on Threads

I'm just going to post this here so that if anyone else starts a thread they will follow the same format.

I was asking Moonbow about how to set up the study of the Minors since some of them have little symbolism and one thread for each seemed like overkill.

She suggested that for Search purposes, and to compare pip or semi-illustrated pip cards across suits, it works best if you do the threads for the Courts and other Minors like this:

Aces (one thread for all 4 suits in the deck)
Kings (one thread for all 4 suits) ETC. . . .

So the Major cards will have a thread for each card, but the Minors will be set up using this format, which they are already doing apparently for the Sheridan-Douglas deck in the study forum, and it is working well.

I wanted to figure that out now, so that I am not constrained to doing all the Majors first but can move to other cards, and yet keep it organized.

Qofcups

I just got this deck and I was wondering if anyone is interested in continuing this study group.

This deck is really challenging the way I though about many of the cards, which just goes to show you how restrictive I had become in my readings. This is only my third deck, but every time I buy a new deck it is like I unlock a new door into understanding the tarot.

I would love to discuss the pips and court in particular.

Any takers?