The Star and Knight of Pentacles RX

xLilyPondx

Hey, so I drew the Star in regards to a new acquaintance I met a little while ago. This made me draw a blank and I was unable to figure out what it meant, in regards to being able to trust her as a friend. Perhaps I'm hoping I can trust her? I clarified it with The Knight of Pentacles reversed, maybe it can indicate me being too stubborn in my time and resources in getting to know her. Any other interpretations would be welcomed. Thank you :D

nisaba

The Star as a hopeful outlook for whetehr you can trust her, and the reversed Knight (really, really stuck-in-the-mud) is rock-solid reliable.

WalesWoman

The Star would be how much are you willing to pour out. Reversals are always tricky for me, I don't know how much I'd trust a reversed Knight of Pentacles. Maybe he's a stick in the mud (especially with all that water pouring onto earth), going nowhere type, but it could be a total lack of initiative and purpose... and more importantly a lack of dedication and integrity.

It does seem like a lot of mud, as in their name is "Mud"...
As for "his name is mud," there's an old story that the expression derives from Dr. Samuel Mudd, who unwisely took pity on Abraham Lincoln's assassin, John Wilkes Booth. Mudd treated the broken ankle Booth suffered in his leap to the stage of Ford's Theater; for his trouble, he was sentenced to life in a federal prison. But Mudd isn't being commemorated in "his name is mud." The phrase first appeared in print in 1820, 45 years before Lincoln's assassination. It probably originates in another obscure bit of English slang--"mud" was an eighteenth century equivalent of our "dope" or "dolt" and was used through the nineteenth century by union workers as a rough equivalent of "scab."

If the Star is the person, it could mean that they are emotionally forthcoming and really pour it on... hoping for something to come of it. That reversed Knight seems like there is some motive for doing it, what do they stand to gain from it... besides friendship? The Star comes after the Tower... so I would expect them to have a lot of past troubles or current ones... regularly... but don't do anything to change it, besides hope things get better. An emotional sponge?

What matters most is what is your gut telling you? Since you are asking, you aren't believing what you are hearing.

Thirteen

The Star can indicate someone who is emotionally distant. They offer hope, and healing and are wonderful to discuss things with, especially the future, but they aren't going to be there for you in the here-and-now.

The Knight/Pents is a solid, reliable sort--if he were upright, I'd say he's absolutely trustworthy. But you got him reversed.

I think your answer is that this person is not as trustworthy as they seem, but could be in the future. So I would stay cordial, but hold back on any true intimacy with this person for the present. Work on the relationship if you feel it's worth it, and after you work on it for a bit, then the Star might be nearer and the Knight/Pents might be turned around into a real friend rather than a hoped for friend.

xLilyPondx

Thanks guys :)

WalesWoman said:
Reversals are always tricky for me, I don't know how much I'd trust a reversed Knight of Pentacles. Maybe he's a stick in the mud (especially with all that water pouring onto earth), going nowhere type, but it could be a total lack of initiative and purpose... and more importantly a lack of dedication and integrity.

What matters most is what is your gut telling you? Since you are asking, you aren't believing what you are hearing.

I have a bit of trouble with reversals as well, esp with the Knight of Pentacles. He always likes to stalk me for some reason....D: I never understood what he is trying to tell me. You gave me some new insight to work with if he decides to show up again! :D

Ah, well I don't seem to trust the new acquaintance I just met, because it seems like she exaggerates alot of what she is saying, and there is just something about her that I just don't like.She seems friendly and helpful in the surface, but there is just something about her that is off that I can't quite place, which makes me wary of her. I'm not sure what her intentions are. But I will be wary of being intimate with her during one on one conversations.

Thirteen said:
The Star can indicate someone who is emotionally distant. They offer hope, and healing and are wonderful to discuss things with, especially the future, but they aren't going to be there for you in the here-and-now.

The Knight/Pents is a solid, reliable sort--if he were upright, I'd say he's absolutely trustworthy. But you got him reversed.

I think your answer is that this person is not as trustworthy as they seem, but could be in the future. So I would stay cordial, but hold back on any true intimacy with this person for the present. Work on the relationship if you feel it's worth it, and after you work on it for a bit, then the Star might be nearer and the Knight/Pents might be turned around into a real friend rather than a hoped for friend.

Thirteen, you are so right! The first part described my friend quite well. I'll keep that in mind and I understand the Knight of Pentacles alot more now!