Coffee Cards?

Winterchild

I was watching or reading something online yesterday... And I heard mention of something called Coffee Cards as precursors to Lenormand? I could have this totally wrong as it was fleeting and other things were going on and I lost the web page... But I would love to be enlightened...?

Winterchild

Thanks Glass Owl... Lots to read... A mystery and discussion .... Great...I wish I could find a set to see what they look like but google leads me astray.... The set on Etsy appear to have disappeared! For some reason this whole Coffee Card concept grabs me... Whether or not they are Lenormand related... And I am keen to find out, if they are related how the symbols and playing cards come together.

I wonder if there are any Lenomand books that touch on this.... I guess the revival of Lenormand being relatively recent there is still much to chew on...

andybc

Thanks Glass Owl... Lots to read... A mystery and discussion .... Great...I wish I could find a set to see what they look like but google leads me astray.... The set on Etsy appear to have disappeared! For some reason this whole Coffee Card concept grabs me... Whether or not they are Lenormand related... And I am keen to find out, if they are related how the symbols and playing cards come together.

I wonder if there are any Lenomand books that touch on this.... I guess the revival of Lenormand being relatively recent there is still much to chew on...

There are two people I know who are researching the origins of the petit-Lenormand symbols/emblems, which has involved further exploration of the coffee cards. One is a XVIIII century historian and the other an art historian.

I am not allowed to disclose their research findings, as both are still working, but already both have found information that will challenge the coffee ground origin theory.

Winterchild

Thanks for that info Andy... It would be great if you could post when the research is completed and hopefully published.

Also I used the word revival in a 'popular with the masses' sense... But I take your point.

Anyway... I am interested in the origin of these meanings as I am with the Tarot,keen to see this work published...