Two Interpretations of 3 card reading

extraneous.letters

Hello, I'm fairly new to this community,so I hope I'm doing this correctly!

I asked the cards just in general what would be happening in my love life in the next couple of months. I'm currently dealing with the disappointment of someone I cared a lot about not wanting to be in a relationship with me. I am meeting him for coffee this weekend to get some closure, as I still feel at the moment that things could change.

I am using the Gilded Tarot deck.

I just pulled three cards without any positions (so no past, present, future, etc.)

Cards:
7 of wands - 3 of swords - the high priestess

7 of wands: I need to stand up for what I want in a relationship and a partner and stick fast to those, even if people may encourage me to deviate from it. (i.e. "You should give that guy a chance! I know he's not what you're looking for, but you never know!")

3 of swords: I should give myself time to grieve over the ending of a possible relationship.

The High Priestess: I'm not entirely sure about this one. It could be telling me to listen to my instincts? I'm really unsure about this one.

I'm mostly worried that my emotional state is making things very unclear for me, because I would love to alternatively see these cards as saying that I'll end up back together with person and the 7 of wands is tell me to stand strong against those who would oppose it, the 3 of swords indicating that it was only a temporary split, and the High Priestess would be that there is more to what's going on with him than I can know.

I'm very confused and really need guidance, please.

Pyrrha

Aww, I'm so sorry that that's happening to you. Hope it does work out!
(And I'm new to the community too, so I don't know how much help I could be...
I think I agree more with your first interpretation, mainly because of the 3 of Swords.
I'm not getting anything from the 7 of Wands. Perhaps either one of your interpretations is correct, there.
However, the 3 of Swords- If that shows up, it doesn't really seem like a temporary split. (Unless it was reversed maybe?) I imagine this card is telling you that you will likely have to undergo the pain of this relationship, and to prepare yourself for it. Perhaps your meeting won't provide as much closure as you would like?
High Priestess is a weird card just about every time it shows up. There is a possibility that seems most clear to me, but of course others may have better ones. I think it may reflect the potential in this meeting. There is a potential for this to go well, and for the relationship to work out, but there is equally a potential for it to go very badly. The outcome is mysterious right now.

DDwarks

To me the 7 of Wands talks of you not moving on, not accepting that your love interest does share the same feelings about you.
So in the next couple of months, you will be holding on to the belief that there is a chance you 2 can become an item (7 wands). Eventually you will see things for what they really are and feel a little heartbroken (3 swords) but you'll get to understand what your intuition was telling you all along (High Priestess)
Your quint is The Wheel so the next 2 months are about change, things taking a different turn x

extraneous.letters

Aww, I'm so sorry that that's happening to you. Hope it does work out!
(And I'm new to the community too, so I don't know how much help I could be...
I think I agree more with your first interpretation, mainly because of the 3 of Swords.
I'm not getting anything from the 7 of Wands. Perhaps either one of your interpretations is correct, there.
However, the 3 of Swords- If that shows up, it doesn't really seem like a temporary split. (Unless it was reversed maybe?) I imagine this card is telling you that you will likely have to undergo the pain of this relationship, and to prepare yourself for it. Perhaps your meeting won't provide as much closure as you would like?
High Priestess is a weird card just about every time it shows up. There is a possibility that seems most clear to me, but of course others may have better ones. I think it may reflect the potential in this meeting. There is a potential for this to go well, and for the relationship to work out, but there is equally a potential for it to go very badly. The outcome is mysterious right now.

Thank you so much!

I've always interpreted the 3 of Swords as a temporary split, as every time I've pulled it in a reading, that's what's happened. In Easy Tarot Handbook by Josephine Ellershaw, which is what I use for card meanings, it mentions that the 3 of Swords only has the energy of a three. And I've always found that to be correct in my readings - it tends to show when things seem horrible and a separation is inevitable and then...the sky clears and things blow over or are worked out.

But it could very well mean that I'll just need to go through the pain of the split.

I really like your interpretation of the High Priestess. I think that is probably the best interpretation - emotions and feelings could still be fluctuating on both ends and it's unclear to even the cards how things will turn out.

Thank you so much! :)

extraneous.letters

To me the 7 of Wands talks of you not moving on, not accepting that your love interest does share the same feelings about you.
So in the next couple of months, you will be holding on to the belief that there is a chance you 2 can become an item (7 wands). Eventually you will see things for what they really are and feel a little heartbroken (3 swords) but you'll get to understand what your intuition was telling you all along (High Priestess)
Your quint is The Wheel so the next 2 months are about change, things taking a different turn x

Thank you so much!

I've been bouncing between holding out hope that we may still reconcile and being heartbroken that it's over. (So basically between the 7 of wands and 3 of swords) I'm hoping our upcoming meeting will provide me with the closure I need to move on and not get stuck as the 7 of wands. My intuition is currently clouded, so I hope that this means I'll be able to tune in to my intuition again soon.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand quint? Would it be possible to ask for an explanation? Or guide me to where I can read more on it?

I can only hope that the Wheel brings about good change in my life.

Thank you again for your interpretation! :)

DDwarks

Thank you so much!

I've been bouncing between holding out hope that we may still reconcile and being heartbroken that it's over. (So basically between the 7 of wands and 3 of swords) I'm hoping our upcoming meeting will provide me with the closure I need to move on and not get stuck as the 7 of wands. My intuition is currently clouded, so I hope that this means I'll be able to tune in to my intuition again soon.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand quint? Would it be possible to ask for an explanation? Or guide me to where I can read more on it?

I can only hope that the Wheel brings about good change in my life.

Thank you again for your interpretation! :)

The Quint is the sum of all the minor cards. In your case you had 3 + 7 (3 swords + 7 wands) = 10 which is the energy of The Wheel.
There is loads of infos you can get on AT and I'll try and find you some x
From what you wrote, I'd say you we've been on a downturn so far so yes, things should get better ;)

Grizabella

7 of Wands- shows what you're doing---Not accepting it's over

3 of swords---You need to just face and deal with the pain.

the high priestess--The High Priestess is a solitary person to a certain degree. A solitary person with strong spiritual ties and she doesn't tell all she knows. She keeps much to herself. She doesn't need others because she's relies on her spirituality as a source of security and self-esteem. I think this card is saying that this is going to be your end result and not only that, but you should strive for that inner strength and self-respect and self-esteem. We all have people in our lives that we're meant to learn lessons from and this will help you toward that High Priestess state where you're calm, secure, and know just what this relationship was and wasn't about.

extraneous.letters

7 of Wands- shows what you're doing---Not accepting it's over

3 of swords---You need to just face and deal with the pain.

the high priestess--The High Priestess is a solitary person to a certain degree. A solitary person with strong spiritual ties and she doesn't tell all she knows. She keeps much to herself. She doesn't need others because she's relies on her spirituality as a source of security and self-esteem. I think this card is saying that this is going to be your end result and not only that, but you should strive for that inner strength and self-respect and self-esteem. We all have people in our lives that we're meant to learn lessons from and this will help you toward that High Priestess state where you're calm, secure, and know just what this relationship was and wasn't about.

Thank you so much!

I really like your interpretation of the High Priestess. I always have trouble interpreting the High Priestess, so I found your meaning very helpful. Perhaps striving for that inner strength and self-respect and self-esteem will help me move past the pain and move on to the next chapter in my life.