Another date...

haleyw

I have another date on Wednesday. It sounds quite promising; we seem well suited, have a lot in common and I think he's the type of man that I'm looking for.

How will we get on?

Ace of Cups/King of Pents/Magician

I like these cards! Definitely a spark of romance there with the AoC. I am looking for a King of Pents type guy to settle down with. Someone stable, secure (not boring though) and maybe we will both think that this could possibly work - Magician.

How will the date go?

9 of cups/Page of Swords/Death

What an odd set of cards. Maybe they are saying that it won't go anything like (Death) I am wishing (9 of cups) or how I think - Page of Swords.

Anymore thoughts? I will of course update. :)

SA12

Haley, I don't want to bust your bubble of hopefulness because those of us who have to do it know what a bunch of crap dating is...

But I don't like the Magician after the King of Pentacles. With the Ace of Cups gushing eternal hope for her worthy man to settle down with, the Magician tells me (especially since he's elementally weak the way I read) that he may not be what he 'seems' to be. I hope I'm wrong, but hold yourself in reserve until you can be certain he's not just playing tricks on your eyes...

And the other set of cards? Don't hate me lol but those cards kinda resemble an evening I had the other week. Great date, very fun, very romantic...(9 of Cups) but then an emotionally detached proposition about how he likes me, but he 'can't handle' a real relationship, so would I be his f**k buddy? (Page of Swords)....so I rolled my eyes and went home alone (Death).

Again, hopefully I'm totally wrong, but the Page of Swords and Death don't look very warm and friendly, unless it's maybe a political debate that changes the nature of how you relate to each other? lol

Keep us posted!

haleyw

Haley, I don't want to bust your bubble of hopefulness because those of us who have to do it know what a bunch of crap dating is...

No, that's okay. Hahahaha! Isn't it just. :rollseyes:

But I don't like the Magician after the King of Pentacles. With the Ace of Cups gushing eternal hope for her worthy man to settle down with, the Magician tells me (especially since he's elementally weak the way I read) that he may not be what he 'seems' to be. I hope I'm wrong, but hold yourself in reserve until you can be certain he's not just playing tricks on your eyes..

Yeah, I get that totally. He does seem like a very decent person though, he set up and runs a children's charity/music school. I've thoroughly checked him out, but, as you say, you don't really know do you.

And the other set of cards? Don't hate me lol but those cards kinda resemble an evening I had the other week. Great date, very fun, very romantic...(9 of Cups) but then an emotionally detached proposition about how he likes me, but he 'can't handle' a real relationship, so would I be his f**k buddy? (Page of Swords)....so I rolled my eyes and went home alone (Death).

Oh no! That sounds awful. It's a bloody jungle out there isn't it. Yeah, I can see this being a real let down or some kind of epiphany or him totally changing views on something. Can't wait to find out what it means now. :)

Also, hopefully I'm totally wrong, but the Page of Swords and Death don't look very warm and friendly, unless it's maybe a political debate that changes the nature of how you relate to each other? lol

As above!

Keep us posted!

Will do. Thank you! I'll be back soon to update.

WolfSwan

I have another date on Wednesday. It sounds quite promising; we seem well suited, have a lot in common and I think he's the type of man that I'm looking for.

How will we get on?

Ace of Cups/King of Pents/Magician

I like these cards! Definitely a spark of romance there with the AoC. I am looking for a King of Pents type guy to settle down with. Someone stable, secure (not boring though) and maybe we will both think that this could possibly work - Magician.

How will the date go?

9 of cups/Page of Swords/Death

What an odd set of cards. Maybe they are saying that it won't go anything like (Death) I am wishing (9 of cups) or how I think - Page of Swords.

Anymore thoughts? I will of course update. :)

I agree with your first set of cards, being romance with a stable secure guy. The Magician can mean I think that you have potential and you can realise what you desire if you take action. You still need to put in the work on starting conversations and asking the right questions. But it can also mean that there is a strong impact.

The second cards I think mean that the date will be what you desired, or it could be getting what you think you want...also it can be having your dreams come true and enjoying the situation just as it is. It can even be having a delicious meal in a lovely surrounding! The Page can be a sign that you will be able to act honestly with each other, and there won't be any receipt, you will both be fair and honest. Death could also mean that one door closes and another opens - so the single life closing and the connection sparks, it could be starting a new chapter, and letting go of things that no longer serve. Mostly I think its about being in the path of sweeping change, and being incapable of escapes, a powerful movement, riding your fate...accepting the inevitable.

Just my take...but it looks really positive :)

haleyw

I agree with your first set of cards, being romance with a stable secure guy. The Magician can mean I think that you have potential and you can realise what you desire if you take action. You still need to put in the work on starting conversations and asking the right questions. But it can also mean that there is a strong impact.

The Magician, hasn't really been very positive for me in the past. I don't really understand him, to be honest. Never have done. It could mean potential this time though. :)

The second cards I think mean that the date will be what you desired, or it could be getting what you think you want...also it can be having your dreams come true and enjoying the situation just as it is. It can even be having a delicious meal in a lovely surrounding! The Page can be a sign that you will be able to act honestly with each other, and there won't be any receipt, you will both be fair and honest. Death could also mean that one door closes and another opens - so the single life closing and the connection sparks, it could be starting a new chapter, and letting go of things that no longer serve. Mostly I think its about being in the path of sweeping change, and being incapable of escapes, a powerful movement, riding your fate...accepting the inevitable.

Again (hate to be cynical), but the 9 of cups has never been the wish card for me; it tends to be getting too much if what I don't want, or smug like. I like what you're saying about the page and I hope that that turns out to be right. Death has meant a few things to me. Your take is one of them, and it would be great if it turns out to be that way. Or, it could mean the end of this connection before it's even really begun, but that is usually 10 of Pents for me.

Just my take...but it looks really positive :)

Thank you. I will let you know as soon as poss.

haleyw

Update - the date went very well. We got along great and there was a strong chemistry. He asked if he could take me to see a band on Friday night that we both like and I said yes. I texted him when I got home to say I'd had a nice evening, lovely to meet him, and I'm looking forward to seeing him again soon, he's replied today, but been a bit cold and hasn't mentioned Friday.. I don't get it!

I've done another reading and I'm going to post it seperately now.