Beign sick... and wanting to read

Little Hare

Hi all,

I was just wondering what your opinions are on reading tarot when you are sick... by this i mean with; Cold, flu, infections etc.

I currently have acold chest thing... and all i've been wanting to do is read the cards, not just for myself but for others... I know that reading cards can be draining and so i don't think its best to read when sick but what do others think?

Has anyone had any experiance of reading whilst being sick or being the reciepant and getting a reading

:arrow: Please note im not talking about mental illness here.

The crowned one

peace_pixie said:
Hi all,

I was just wondering what your opinions are on reading tarot when you are sick... by this i mean with; Cold, flu, infections etc.

I currently have acold chest thing... and all i've been wanting to do is read the cards, not just for myself but for others... I know that reading cards can be draining and so i don't think its best to read when sick but what do others think?

Has anyone had any experiance of reading whilst being sick or being the reciepant and getting a reading

I feel if you want to read you should, I find it both draining and energizing on different levels. IF you need your mind tomorrow do not read, if you just need your body...go for it.

Sinduction

peace_pixie said:

Hahahaha! In that case...

I think it's up to the individual. I see nothing wrong unless it wears you out to much. Now if you're on certain medications, like hallucinogens or pain killers, then you may want to take a break. :)

Neely75

I think you should do whatever makes you feel good. If reading brings you some comfort, or makes you happy, then go ahead and read until your little heart is content. :D

I agree with Sinduction also. If you're on any kind of drug which could cause a problem, probably better to give it a miss.

Briar Rose

I have had the flu since last Sunday, and I haven't picked up my cards since. I just haven't felt 'up to it' or had the energy.

And, peace_pixie, I hope you feel better soon, too. Take care of the chest cold so that it does not settle in your chest and turn into pneumonia.

Be well. :heart:

willowfox

To try reading when you are ill is not really such a good idea, one, you are weak already and second, it's darn hard to concentrate when you have a fever, and third, you don't want your clients catching your flu bug.

Formicida

I'd say go for it if you feel up for it, although as willowfox says it's probably wisest not to read in person (but I don't think that's what you were going for anyway). Personally, when I'm at all sick my mind is blurry and I have a hard time concentrating, so I can't read. It can be frustrating when I want to, but I have to realize that it's not going to be helpful in any way.

If you think you can be helpful without tiring yourself out, then I don't think there's any reason you shouldn't.

And I hope you feel better soon.

Tabby

When I'm sick and tired and I try to concentrate on the cards, it's like I can't. I feel blocked. So, personally I wouldn't recommed it. Because, your energy level is drained because of being sick to began with. And to try to concentrate on a reading, that requires an energy level in itself. I feel like your better off just waiting it out where you'll better off physically and mentally.

Pao

I tried reading when I was sick and it just didnt work for me. the reading made no sense and i couldnt really focus. but if you're up to it and the reading seems to come out accurate, why not.

HearthCricket

Like many have said, it really depends on the illness, itself, and how up to it you feel. If I am sick and drained I don't even read for myself. My mind just isn't open enough and quite frankly, tarot often becomes the last thing on my mind. However, one year at college we had a huge breakout of laryngitis (sp??). My voice was okay at first, while I was doing readings at a Halloween party. But it started to fade. The readings went quite well, but my voice was going and not only was it a strain on me (the rest of me felt fine) but it wasn't fair to not be able to give the client my full self. By the last reading of the night I was barely able to whisper the readings out. When my voice came back, I went back to reading for the others who had missed out on Halloween night and it worked out fine.

If I were the customer, I would not even want to handle a deck of cards that a sniffling, sneezing and coughing reader was working with. The same goes for attending parties, work, movies, etc. No one wants to catch anything, nor is it particularly pleasant to hear or professional of the reader themselves. If a reader is coming to you for advice or has a problem they want some light shed on, it won't be a very relaxing nor pleasant experience if they are more worried about catching what you might have. You may lose client if they end up coming down with something nasty and relate it to going to you for a reading. In that case, I would only read online until better. :)