strange change

nina

Hello,
I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm no astrology expert and I thought somebody on this forum might have an explanation.
I am a Cancer with Aquarius rising and Scorpio moon. My whole life, every guy I've ever been attracted to or been involved with has been a Scorpio. I didn't plan it that way, that's just how it happened.
However, in the past year or so, I've had about three intense crushes and they've all been Aquarius. Does what's going on in the sky change something so fundamental as who you're attracted to? It's been a real pain because I find Scorps a little easier to understand, if only from experience.
-Nina

Minderwiz

Without your chart data its difficult to be precise. However Moon/Sun sign attractions are common - so your Scorpio Moon will lead to an attraction to Scorpio Sun sign Men. Though I have also seen an argument that females are attracted to men of their own Sun sign.

In your case you have two Water placements so you will be able to relate to Water types quite easily. Your Aquarius Ascendant may not sit too well with Sun and Moon. However your Aquarius Ascendant may well attract males to you and to the extent you are aspiring to project yourself in an Aquarian way, you may well, in turn, be attracted to such attention, especially if you have other Air placements.

Another possible link to Aquarius is through progressions. Your Sun progresses by approximately one degree for each year of your life from its place in your natal chart. It's quite possible that your Sun has now progressed into Leo, the opposite sign to Aquarius and again there is quite a bit of evidence that opposites attract.

nina

late getting back to you

Hello,
Sorry to have replied so late, but this came up in a conversation with a friend who's really into astrology and she told me that the two neighbors to either side of your polar opposite are your strongest sexual attractions. So perhaps it's because Capricorn, my sun sign's opposite, is next to Aquarius, although it doesn't explain why it never happened in my twenties.
-Nita

lunalafey

Just as Minderwiz mentions, having a look at your natal is key. Also mention was females attracted to thier oun sign...I'm one of these thhat can back up this idea...Capi with 4 capi relationships through my life...more than any other sign for sure. Yet I have the Moon in Capi as well...so which is it? When I first started looking into charts, one book mentions a mid point between the sun and moon was the sign the natal would be drawn towords...well with both sun and moon there, again I fall under this theroy. I took the carts of friends and found these mid-points as well and then questioned my friends in regards to thier past relationship signs. Again the signs did follow the mid-point idea, but also the moon had it's fair share. From past experience I noticed that during certain times in my life there would be an over abundance of a particular sign in my life.....perhaps there was some kind of infuence by way of my 11th house and transits.

Minderwiz

Yes, midpoint relationships play a role - the idea of a composite chart for a marriage or relationship is based on the midpoints of respective planets - Sun/Sun, Moon/Moon, etc. but other midpoints may also be important.

However a relationship between two complex humans is itself a complex thing and it can't be assigned to one or two indicators in a chart - it depends on a whole series of factors both in the individual charts and the interrelationships of those charts.

Moreover progressions and outer planet transits may also have an influence at particular times.