Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Kira 
Resident

Ordering the Deck Between Readings?

Does anyone put their deck in order before or after a reading? I found a site the other day that mentioned this and it got me thinking... I've done it a few times myself, but usually after I'm done with the cards (I'm still learning, so I haven't done too many readings yet).

Also, do you prefer to have your minors in the same order (ex: P/W/C/S) or do you just put them all together and let the cards decide?

Thanks

~Kira
Kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
tarotbear 
One of the original 100 members

Cool That's an Order!

No, I do not put a deck I'm using in order between readings, but decks in storage usually are 'ordered' before they are put away. I find that when I am finished with a reading that I do a few more shuffles before I wrap up the cards, thus scattering the cards once again.
tarotbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Laurel 
Citizen

The only time I order a deck is for study/scholarship purposes, when I won't be using it for readings for a while and would prefer to be able to find specific cards as quickly as possible.

~LAS

"Adventure isn't hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles of life -- facing new challenges, seizing new opportunities, testing our resources against the unknown and in the process, discovering our own unique potential."
Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Umbrae 
Citizen

Cool

I have never placed a deck in sequential order.

Once shuffled, that becomes its nature.
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
SherryZoned 
Citizen

I also do not put my deck in order...Main reason..is I dont feel I need to and also..It is VERY time consuming.
SherryZoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Hummingbird 
Citizen

I did in the beginning. But I feel it completely "deletes" the deck of any energy. I like a build-up. Anything negative can be "poofed away" as needed.
Hummingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Osher 
Citizen

I feel somehow it is wrong to order the deck, unless there is a specifi,c and to be frank extraordinary, reason to. Actually, I even feel funny sorting through a deck to find a card. It just feels like the energy that I have placed in the cards will be altered.

However, each to their own! If it feels better for you, then go for it.

Oh, and another reason I don't order the decks is that I find it interesting when doing a new reading to see the bottom card from the old shuffle. Amazing how many times it is relevant to the new shuffle.
Osher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Emily 
Citizen

I've put decks in order if I want to study or compare them to other decks but I don't leave them in order and they have to have a good shuffle, I mean a good five minutes plus, before I use them again. The only real habit I have with my decks is to face the spare cards back and front to protect the deck before they go back into their boxes

-----------------------------------
A good student never stops learning
Having fun with the Liber T
Not all who wander are lost
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
mrsjvan 
Citizen

Thumbs down

I don't order my cards. It's like removing their history. If that makes any sense. Each time I read, the deck has been re-ordered. Not into a nice organized deck but the deck has changed and the new order is now how it should be. IMO.

Anyway, by organizing the deck I feel like I am erasing previous readings from it and thus removing important parts of the decks history. Man, I don't know if that makes any sense but, there it is for what it's worth.

If for some reason I feel like the deck is developing a negative energy though, I will organize them again. To start fresh.

The battles we fight within ourselves are the most difficult to win.

Last edited by mrsjvan; 26-01-2003 at 01:22.
mrsjvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
sunflowr 
Citizen

Lightbulb re-ordering

I think re-ordering is best when you might want to clear a deck of previous energies. Other than that, I wouldnt do it.
sunflowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10