Spreads about a person's personallity?

Vita-morte

Are there any spreads that tell you about the type of personallity a person might have?

Rhiannon

Try a Mandala or Horoscope spread!

R :)

Major Tom

What's he/she like? spread

5 Cards: lay them left to right like reading a book:

1. The person's current situation.
2. What other people say about the person.
3. This person's self-image.
4. Obstacles for this person.
5. Where this person is going if they remain on their current path.

I'll never be able to lay claim to a 5 card spread. })

But you can call this the What's He/She like? Variation. :D

lunalafey

when I meet someone new and want a bit of insight with out seeming nosey....I use a quick 3 card draw....

Kiama

I usually just do what Lunalafey does... Ask what the person is really like underneath any masks they may have put on in public and to me, and draw 5 cards. I also find it useful to find out what they WANT me to see them as, y'know, what masks they put on to me.

I'm not being nosey, and I don't think this is ethically wrong, as lots of people would say, cuz I would try an dfind these things out anyway in normal everyday life. The cards are just another way of doing it, and I reckon I'm entitled to know if they're taking me for a ride or being deceptive, so I don't get hurt!

It also is helpful when I become friends with somebody who is not entirely mentally stable, or who has some serious isues. Finding out what they're really like underneath all those masks helps me understand them more and work out how best I can help them.

Kiama

Aoife

I once did a reading about a third person. I wasn't comfortable about it but curious what the cards would say. In fact they reflected back my discomfort and I was left with no doubt that the deck was saying 'I'm not going to play ball ball with this'.

Since then, if I want to know about someone - and like Kiama, I'm interested in what lies beneath their mask - I ask a question in relation to me. e.g. what is this person trying to hide from me? , what could bring this person and me into conflict?

Celtic_Dragon

lunalafey said:
when I meet someone new and want a bit of insight with out seeming nosey....I use a quick 3 card draw....

I usually do this one b/c just about every psychology class I've taken referrs to the personality as having 3 degrees of depth. The id(surface/public) the ego(private/relationship) and superego(private/unknown to many inclucing self). anything more and you're pretty much overlapping.

psychicbody

I suggest my Inner-Self spread, which is meant for that purpose. So far it has been increadably insightful and accurate, for me ;)

Flavio

psychicbody said:
I suggest my Inner-Self spread, which is meant for that purpose. So far it has been increadably insightful and accurate, for me ;)
Psychic body Inner Self Spread can be found here

entropy

Celtic_Dragon said:
I usually do this one b/c just about every psychology class I've taken referrs to the personality as having 3 degrees of depth. The id(surface/public) the ego(private/relationship) and superego(private/unknown to many inclucing self). anything more and you're pretty much overlapping.

I know I'm a little late to this, but it's actually not exactly correct according to the Freudians: the id is your hidden self - the roots. The ego is every-day person we show to the world - the trunk. The super-ego is how we think - the branches. I see the swords as fitting into the super-ego quite well, the cups and the wands (depending on what is the passion in question) are the id, and the pentacles (with some help from the wands, again depending on the passion) are the ego.

Just my (nosey) two cents.