Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Spreads

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Vita-morte 
Resident

Question Spreads about a person's personallity?

Are there any spreads that tell you about the type of personallity a person might have?

With the dying sun.

The mind has a thousand eyes,
And the heart but one:
Yet the light of a whole life dies
When love is done.

...Francis William Bourdillon
The Night has a Thousand Eyes
Vita-morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Rhiannon 
Crone

Try a Mandala or Horoscope spread!

R

Do you want an absolute prediction? Then you want only today, and you reject tomorrow. You are the ultimate conservative. You are trying to hold back movement in an infinitely changing universe. The verb "to be" does make idiots of us all. - Frank Herbert
Rhiannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Major Tom 
Papa Toad

What's he/she like? spread

5 Cards: lay them left to right like reading a book:

1. The person's current situation.
2. What other people say about the person.
3. This person's self-image.
4. Obstacles for this person.
5. Where this person is going if they remain on their current path.

I'll never be able to lay claim to a 5 card spread.

But you can call this the What's He/She like? Variation.

"Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility." Eleanor Roosevelt
Major Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
lunalafey 
Citizen

when I meet someone new and want a bit of insight with out seeming nosey....I use a quick 3 card draw....

Old 27-01-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
Kiama 
Dancing to the Vodou groove

I usually just do what Lunalafey does... Ask what the person is really like underneath any masks they may have put on in public and to me, and draw 5 cards. I also find it useful to find out what they WANT me to see them as, y'know, what masks they put on to me.

I'm not being nosey, and I don't think this is ethically wrong, as lots of people would say, cuz I would try an dfind these things out anyway in normal everyday life. The cards are just another way of doing it, and I reckon I'm entitled to know if they're taking me for a ride or being deceptive, so I don't get hurt!

It also is helpful when I become friends with somebody who is not entirely mentally stable, or who has some serious isues. Finding out what they're really like underneath all those masks helps me understand them more and work out how best I can help them.

Kiama

"Pistis Sophia: the Goddess Tarot" (forthcoming) http://pistissophiatarot.com

"Tarot 101: Mastering the Art of Reading the Cards", by Kim Huggens, released by Llewellyn Worldwide, 2010.

"Sol Invictus: the God Tarot", Schiffer Books, 2007.
Kiama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Aoife 
Citizen

I once did a reading about a third person. I wasn't comfortable about it but curious what the cards would say. In fact they reflected back my discomfort and I was left with no doubt that the deck was saying 'I'm not going to play ball ball with this'.

Since then, if I want to know about someone - and like Kiama, I'm interested in what lies beneath their mask[s] - I ask a question in relation to me. e.g. what is this person trying to hide from me? , what could bring this person and me into conflict?
Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Celtic_Dragon 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally posted by lunalafey
when I meet someone new and want a bit of insight with out seeming nosey....I use a quick 3 card draw....
I usually do this one b/c just about every psychology class I've taken referrs to the personality as having 3 degrees of depth. The id(surface/public) the ego(private/relationship) and superego(private/unknown to many inclucing self). anything more and you're pretty much overlapping.

Life is what you make of it, adjust accordingly~

Commonalities r stepping stones to the truth. -me
Celtic_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
psychicbody 
Citizen

I suggest my Inner-Self spread, which is meant for that purpose. So far it has been increadably insightful and accurate, for me

Old 28-07-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
Flavio 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicbody
I suggest my Inner-Self spread, which is meant for that purpose. So far it has been increadably insightful and accurate, for me
Psychic body Inner Self Spread can be found here
Flavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
entropy 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic_Dragon
I usually do this one b/c just about every psychology class I've taken referrs to the personality as having 3 degrees of depth. The id(surface/public) the ego(private/relationship) and superego(private/unknown to many inclucing self). anything more and you're pretty much overlapping.
I know I'm a little late to this, but it's actually not exactly correct according to the Freudians: the id is your hidden self - the roots. The ego is every-day person we show to the world - the trunk. The super-ego is how we think - the branches. I see the swords as fitting into the super-ego quite well, the cups and the wands (depending on what is the passion in question) are the id, and the pentacles (with some help from the wands, again depending on the passion) are the ego.

Just my (nosey) two cents.

--Thoreau
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today