Queen of Cups reversed (esp. Crowley)

firemaiden

Hello, I just did Umbrae's Seven Card Horseshoe spread, (I know, I told Azuremariposa it was too many cards.... but then she got me interested in this spread..LOL)

In the far future position is the Queen of Cups Reversed.

The Crowley Queen of Cups is a very interesting card to see reversed, because it almost looks the same upside down as right side up. It is a very beautiful and mysterious card: the geometric patterns of swirling light imitate the "retrograde" motion of planets (when the earth is imagined to be the center of the universe) in telescoping, concentric ovals, intersected with a half-cirle arc of light and ten yellow rays. The queens face is barely discernable in the center of all the intersecting ovals, swirling patterns and rays. She stands at the shore of a lake or some clear pool of water, in which all is reflected.

When the card is reversed, what is reflected in the water is now on top. What is world and what is reflection of the world is now reversed - as though dreams have become real, and real has become dreams.

(That would be a hopeful interpretation!)

The Queen's face is again but barely visible in the water, and a bit more distorted... but no less visible than before... in fact, the reflected face is wider and therefore looks stronger...

So how would you read the Queen of Cups upside down?
Does this suggest the dangerous sort of "reversal of perception" that I have been mentioning? the state of being where one thinks the symbols are looking at you, rather than you looking at the symbols?

Or might it be something positive, like the coming to light, the coming to the surface of long hidden and dormant aspects of the self?

firemaiden

hello out there!!!
your feedback is requested!
even if just to make a joke...

I like seeing the Queens Upside Down.
Recently I got the Queen of Swords Reversed too.
I see this as a good thing. She is going to have a "mind-blowing" experience, and get "out of her head"

Or else, someone is going to throw her on the bed, and....

Please share your thoughts! the silence is deafening!

Alex

I am sorry firemaden

but Queen of Cups reversed is someone I don't wanna be around much.
Alex.

magpie9

It isn't automaticaly bad news!

Could be a toning down of emotionality, a lessening of dependence on LUV, if that's a temptation for you--(it's been a steady derailer of the freight train of my life-- *sob*)
Could be a re-assesment of what and who you love, and how you love, possibly --
-----------OFFICIAL DISCLAIMER------------------
Please don't take this as some sort of critisism of however/whoever/whatever you love, it's not ment that way in the least, it's more that I'm playing with a puzzle--
~~~~~~~~ So,
Crowly Q of C is so lost in her reflections,water of water, indeed... her lake,reflective, so very water...one wonders if she even knows herself seperate from her loving...remember Elaine, who suicided for Love of Lancelot, and then floated down the river in a boat to shame him? This Q of C reminds me of her.

Just checked in "the Book of Thoth", and he says,
"...normally, people of this type have no character at all of their own, unless it can be called a characteristic to be at the disposiition of every impact or impression."
He also says, "...the characteristics associated with this card are principally dreaminess, illusion and tranquillity." And says there's a crayfish emerging from her shell-like cup.

Which connects to the moon more strongly,(to me)and I bet that crayfish falls right out of that cup when the card is reversed, and it's in an ill mood..watch your toes..or wear shoes!

Hell of a way to shatter an illusion ? :D
I don't know about you, but reversed sounds like an improvement to me!

I may be all off, but this has been fun
:D

firemaiden

Thats wonderful Magpie.
OUCH MY TOE!

magus~777

some thoughts..

Ok firemaiden,

I have to say that everything Ive read, understand about the Queen of cups reversed seem to indicate a predominance of the more negative aspects of the water signs. this seems to show manipulation, deceit, and someone who is dishonest in love. also I had a thought, since the queens indicate inner mastery of preocesses, could the queen of cups reversed indicate the negative use of the mastery of the forces of water: intuition, psychology, and psychic perception, ..so that it could show the use of these skills for manipulation, mind games, and deception, for selfish ends? ...perhaps someone with a borderline personality disorder (a treacherous and dangerous charmer)

Brian

Sophie

Not to mention the Martyr Complex to the nth degree.

MareSaturni

magpie9 said:
Just checked in "the Book of Thoth", and he says,
"...normally, people of this type have no character at all of their own, unless it can be called a characteristic to be at the disposiition of every impact or impression."
He also says, "...the characteristics associated with this card are principally dreaminess, illusion and tranquillity." And says there's a crayfish emerging from her shell-like cup.

'No character of their own'...maybe because they are just a reflection (in the reversed case mainly)? The water of the water, you see yourself (or what you want to see) when you look at the calm lake of the Queen/Cups...that IS her.

:TPW Yuko

Sophie

miss_yuko said:
'No character of their own'...maybe because they are just a reflection (in the reversed case mainly)? The water of the water, you see yourself (or what you want to see) when you look at the calm lake of the Queen/Cups...that IS her.
That makes it merely what others think of her. For under the most reflective of lakes will always be depth. Only those who swim underwater find that out. Reversed - turbulent or muddy depths?

magus~777

Helvetica,

yeah i can relate to what you're saying, further thoughts on these muddy depths: perhaps a martyr complex, or rescuer ...and blurring of personal boundaries. also what stands to mind is muddy or unseen character traits, such as a hidden agenda, criminality perhaps