Five of Pentacles popping out

theman_ca

Not sure what to do. Please Help

The Deck I use is, Renaissance Deck, By Jane Lyle,

Hello to everyone, i am fairly new to this site, I have been using Tarot cards for about 5 months now, (off and on) I feel a bond to the Deck i have, unfortunaly i havent had opportunity to really do to many readings i think 6, i find that im also relying on the book a heavy degree for the cards, and well i dont want to do that anymore. what i wanna do is just interprit the card as i see it, but the problem with that is that I dont really know the connections that need to be known, stuff like the relationships between suits and what not, What do i need to know as the basics, i mean should i really use the book or should i leave it up to my interpritaion and go on that,

also i would like to share a story with you all, This happened to me a lil while ago, I was shuffleing my deck for the first few times and a card fell out, 5 of penticles,throughout the week the card keept appearing but only when i was not conciosly shuffleing or when i would just cut the deck, anyway at the end of the week my gf who were were very deeply in love broke up with me. card stopped appearing, later on my and my ex became close friends, then the card started appearing again, at the end of that week she found out she was moving to houstin her parents had to cause of business, all of a sudden she was gone, she only had two days notice,
just thought id share that, anyway please tell me what u think and stuff, and what u reccoment

should i memorize all the definations of all the cards, like the upside, reversed and for some the abstract versions of the cards, or should i go on my intuitions and what factors of general tarot, do i need, like do i go by regular spreads or make my own. Please help me i am very lost

moon_mermaid

Hi theman_ca, Weclome!!! I am newbie myself. Just want to say I am sorry to hear your story. I don't have the deck you mentioned. But to me Five of Pentacles, meaning feeling lonely and rejected, looking for consolution and help (can be material and emotional.) Seems reflecting your situation.

Back to learning. I don't memorize meanings. Yes, I read books but I only use them for guidance rather than hard set rules, because without them I don't know where to start. So I go to Joan Bunning site www.learntarot.com as a start and of course check out the wonderful Tarot Basic written by Thirteen in this site.

Doing reading is important to me because it lets me experience the meanings of the cards. Without the experience, I will never be able to unstand the true meaning. That is why, people always say just do the way that is right for you. (I live in a hot place, so I do not know how it feels like when living in cold places like Iceland or Russia even you give me the detail description). Sometimes, the meanings of the cards do not jump out, I just put the cards aside, and in time as things go on, I will realize, so, that is what the cards want to say. This way, I slowly pick up the meanings of the cards, these meanings are mine and truly meaningful to me.

For the spread, I usually do simple spread, three or five cards get from the books or this site. Maybe when I become more experience, I will be able to develop my spread.

Most important thing to me is to keep a quiet mind and let the unconcious mind or the divine speaks to me. Tarot is the tool that the divine and my unconcious mind used to communicate with me.

Don't rush on the learning, there is no shortcut path to learn tarot. Tarot is the tool to help me understand and experience my life, so it is a lifetime learning. Good Luck. Hope this help.

cerulean_lotus

Emotional interpretation to the 5 of Pentacles

Hi there--I am kind of new as well, and I just did a relationship reading with that card in the position as the Querent. My gut tells me that this card is heralding an emotional low heading your way. It often foretells feeling unloved or feeling unworthy. Most of the time the card means that even though you feel this way, that it isn't necessarily true--alot of it has to do with what you think about yourself. Also, I feel that with this particular situation that there are other people around you who are interested in you--and that you might miss the opportunity to meet them if you focus on your hurt feelings so much.

Adjustment

theman_ca said:
The Deck I use is, Renaissance Deck, By Jane Lyle,

Hello to everyone, i am fairly new to this site, I have been using Tarot cards for about 5 months now, (off and on) I feel a bond to the Deck i have, unfortunaly i havent had opportunity to really do to many readings i think 6, i find that im also relying on the book a heavy degree for the cards, and well i dont want to do that anymore. what i wanna do is just interprit the card as i see it, but the problem with that is that I dont really know the connections that need to be known, stuff like the relationships between suits and what not, What do i need to know as the basics, i mean should i really use the book or should i leave it up to my interpritaion and go on that,

also i would like to share a story with you all, This happened to me a lil while ago, I was shuffleing my deck for the first few times and a card fell out, 5 of penticles,throughout the week the card keept appearing but only when i was not conciosly shuffleing or when i would just cut the deck, anyway at the end of the week my gf who were were very deeply in love broke up with me. card stopped appearing, later on my and my ex became close friends, then the card started appearing again, at the end of that week she found out she was moving to houstin her parents had to cause of business, all of a sudden she was gone, she only had two days notice,
just thought id share that, anyway please tell me what u think and stuff, and what u reccoment

should i memorize all the definations of all the cards, like the upside, reversed and for some the abstract versions of the cards, or should i go on my intuitions and what factors of general tarot, do i need, like do i go by regular spreads or make my own. Please help me i am very lost

I suggest to draw a single card daily each morning to express the tone of that particular day, make sure you start to write your interpretation of the card in a journal, then check it that evening to see how accurate the card was. This will help you to develop you own meanings for the cards.

divinerguy

In simple terms, I think you need to be conscious of your financial condition.

If it were me, I'd start banking my paychecks and eating Top Ramen until I figured out what the card means.

Sulis

Tara Deck said:
I suggest to draw a single card daily each morning to express the tone of that particular day, make sure you start to write your interpretation of the card in a journal, then check it that evening to see how accurate the card was. This will help you to develop you own meanings for the cards.

Excellent advice - this is exactly what I'd advise you to do too.

Journaling my daily card draws and my readings is what has helped me the most.

If you memorize the meanings from a book all you are doing is memorizing someone elses meanings. What each card means to you is the most important thing.
Memorizing meanings will not teach you how to read Tarot, it will teach you how to repeat, parrot fashion what you have learned. This isn't reading.

Books are good for getting more input on what the cards mean but the meanings of the cards aren't static. They change based on loads of things; the question, the spread, the position meaning, the other cards.

Take it slowly - tarot is a long, long journey.

Have fun.

Love

Sulis xx