Astrology software ?

HOLMES

http://www.astrologysoftwareshop.com/bestastrologysoftware.htm#charting

last night i messed around looking for software and found this one with the most (all others were designed just to sell one )
surpised that the majority sold for the hundreds.

hey anyone see that movie shine ?
where that astrologer used her computer to check on the compatibility of her and that pianist ?
that was so cool i wondered what she used.

if it isnt on that link..
what is the best overall beginner astrology software ?

i am not looking at it to do the reading for me,, but rather to printe out the majority of the stuff so i can use that as a basis to get more in depth .
(just spent an two hours and some minutes typing out a numerology report for a freind using a book and then adding in what i think it was saying ouch poor finger s)

Minderwiz

Most of the stuff that sells for hundreds come with modules that do the interpretation for you - saves time for the professional but not necessarily a good way to learn. They also tend to have a multitude of Astrological calculations that the beginner doesn't need.

For any beginner looking of software I'd say start with the freeware or shareware stuff. I used Astrology For Windows which can be downloaded for free and then registered for a comparatively smally amount (about $30) if you like it. There are also some fairly good freeware stuff. Try several and then go with the one that suits you. Go to Download.Com and they have a fair selection

http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=Astrology&tg=dl-2001&search=+Go!+

azuremariposa

hiya HOLMES!

if you go to this site you will find a totally free astrology program that is highly recommended by a few astrologers i know of...

http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog.htm

it has a version available for just about any OS...:)
hope it helps!!

much love and many blessings,

~azure

Moongold

Greetings Holmes,

This is a very good link to some reviews of various astrology programs, including the free programs.

http://www.soulhealing.com/

It's Hank Friedman's page.

He reviews an excellent free program which has features that many costly programs don't. It's called Astrowin by Allan Edwall and will give you excellent charts with print outs of basic data.

I use Allan Edwall's program.

At the moment Janus Software have a sixty day free trial of Janus 4. It's very good and includes a report writer and many interestin features. It's quite expensive though to purchase (neraly $600 Australian which is about $350 - $400 US).

Winstar Express is good and relatively cheap too. They are always having different offers and the price vari.es from $39.00US to $79.00US depending on their promotions. Winstar Express can be downloaded for a 30 day free trial as well. from
www.matrixsoftware.com.

Hank Friedman may give the addresses in his review articles.

Azure has already mentioned Astrolog to you - another very good program - but I find it cluttered visually and prefer Astrowin.

Good luck on this part of your journey Holmes. You will enjoy it.

Minderwiz

I've also used Astrolog as one of my freebies, it's not necessarily my favourite of the freeware/shareware but certainly more than adequate for an entry level programme. Indeed I used it for some time until I moved on to Horoscope Interpreter and then Astrology for Windows. The latter pair have to be paid for so Astrolog actually holds up very well given that its free.

Also its well worth a trial run - it might be just what you are looking for.

Moongold

Minderwiz,

How would you compare Astrolog with Astrowin?

Moongold

krysia322

Astrology Software

You also might want to take into consideration which system OS you use.
Mac users, like myself, have fewer software options.
The Astrology software I loved so much I actually bought it, is by Io.
I'm not sure what their link is at the moment, but try "Io Astrology software" via Google.
I also don't know if Io offers their software for Windows.

Astraea

PC and Mac programs

There is something to be said for obtaining a program which will accommodate and keep pace with the student's developing knowledge base and desire to experiment. It might be that some of the shareware or freeware programs serve that purpose (I have not used them, so am unable to speak from experience), in which case it would seem to be unnecessary -- at least initially -- to invest in marketed software.

Most of the large, comprehensive astrology programs available for purchase are written for Windows-based PCs. There is only one somewhat comparable program written for Mac at this time-- the Io series by Timecycles (discussed above by krysia). That company does not write programs for Windows. Here is a link to their website: http://www.timecycles.com/

I use a PC for most of my astrological work, and am experienced with the excellent Solar Fire, Winstar and Janus programs by Esoteric Technologies, Matrix and Astrology House (respectively). Of these, IMO, Solar Fire is by far the most intuitive, followed by Janus and Winstar. In the US, Solar Fire is marketed through Astrolabe at www.alabe.com; Astrology House's website is www.astrologyware.com, and Lee has kindly provided a link, above, to the Matrix site. Each of these programs offers a wealth of features and capabilities for relatively few dollars, and will meet the developing student's needs, as well as the demands of professional work.

HOLMES

hello

i am relooking for astrology software since i have a job (might as well get it while i have the chance).

i am looking for the best natal chart interpater specifically , (i am not interested in predicitive astrology or medicial, ) with some knowledge of patterning.
i am not looking for it to do the whole work for me,, but to give me half the work so i can understand my and my friends lives :O) .

with that in mind, and the fact it been a while since this thread was made,
any changes or advice you would make with your more experienced knowledge ?