Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

misifu 
Resident

Does anyone do readings for their pets?

This may sound silly, but there are times when I do a reading regarding one of my pets. My question is, does anyone else do this, and if so, is there any particular significator card that you would use for your pet? For instance, would you use the Fool card if you were reading for your dog ( or cat depending which deck you use ) or what? I would appreciate any kind response.
Lots of love,
Misifu
misifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
tarotbear 
One of the original 100 members

I know there are "Pet Astrology" books out there - I used to own the cat one!

There is the "Tarot for Cats" deck and book set -- but it's really meant for humans. Very, very funny, written from a cats' point of view. It even has it's own set of feline spreads - in the cats' paw spread one Tom is trying to figure out what awaits him at the Spay & Neuter clinic...very tongue-in-cheek!
tarotbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
misifu 
Resident

Hello Tarotbear,
Actually, I do own both those decks, although I don't use Tarot for Cats especially since I found out it was out of print. As for Tarot of the Cat People, I agree, that it is really meant for humans, although I have used it for "pet readings".
Sometimes, however, I want to know what is going on with my pet, and believe it or not, some of my clients want to know about their pets as well. I have a pet spread that I use and that of course answers any question. It's just that I believe I read somewhere that if you want to use a significator for a pet, you may want to use The Moon and the Fool regarding dogs, The Queen of Wands and Strength regarding cats, The Sun and The Chariot regarding horses, however, I don't use any of these as significator cards. Let me point out that it is not a matter of life or death if I don't have a significator card, but I sometimes use a spread where I pick out a significator card and put cards surrounding it to see what "surrounds" you.
My pet spread is different, perhaps I'll post it up next time.
Lots of love, Misifu
Old 12-08-2001 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
raeanne 
Citizen

Yes, I read for my cats!
raeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
jadecat 
Resident

Hello Misifu,
Reading for pets sounds interesting! I'd like to see the pet spread that you use. There is a deck (I forget the name) with animal pictures surrounded by a pink? border.
Might that be one to use for this?
jadecat

Old 12-08-2001 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
ericadoe 
Resident

I read for my cats when I had to give them up (turns out my son is allergic). I just wanted to be sure that their new home would be good for them and that they would be happy. :-) I just used a Celtic Cross with significators for both, based on their "purrsonalities". Both spreads were very positive!

Old 12-08-2001 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
destinyawaitsme 
Citizen

Ok, had to share a story.

When I first got my Shapeshifter Tarot deck and was very new to tarot and cards and their meanings, my older...skeptical brother told me to do a reading for my dog Pumpkin to give her guidance. So jokingly I shuffled and drew a card...and oddly enough I drew The Double (an extra major arcana added to the deck.) Here's what the book said: "Movement and freedom become possible by letting go of your habitual conditioning... Remember that you are a boundless being." Did the deck know she was a dog? I don't know. I wouldn't recommend reading for your pets...but, i guess it's possible.
destinyawaitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
joya250 
Citizen

misifu, I've heard of this before, though I've never tried it (successfully) with my two cats. I would be very curious to learn your spread!
joya250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2001 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
raeanne 
Citizen

Power Tarot by Trish MacGregor and Phyllis Vega has a Pet Spread that looks like this:
1-----2
-3---4
--5-6

1. What your pet is trying to tell you.
2. What your pet is feeling right now, what it desires.
3. What you can do to help your pet.
4. What your pet needs most at this time.
5. Your petís general health.
6. Something your pet will need or feel in the near future.
7. Overall outlook for your pet.
raeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2001 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
misifu 
Resident

Hi Raeanne,
You beat me to it, that is exactly the pet spread that I use, although sometimes when I want to a quick general reading I use a significator card and surround it with 8 cards, however, I do use the pet spread. I like to do reading for my pets especially if I suspect that somethings not quite right with my pet or my pet is acting peculiar, or just coz. For instance when I picked up a kitten that I named Panda, I did a pet spread on him and the outcome card was the 4 of swords, which I interpreted as him becoming ill, maybe having to put him to sleep. What happened? Well, my neighbor found him hurt ( he was already grown ), lying on some tall grass, and quickly alerted me since I could not find him. When I went, he had gone, but a few days later, I noticed a strange smell coming from underneath my house ( I have an old house ), and unfortuntealy, he was no longer alive. The cards were right.
Misifu.
Old 14-08-2001 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today