Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Spreads

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Inana 
Citizen

Understanding problems

I've made a new spread to get better understanding on specific problems or difficult situations, but guess it can apply to other subjects too.

____1
__2___6_7
____3

1-. What is the problem?
2-. How do you feel about it?
3-. What is the real problem?
4-. What can help to solve it?
5-. What can make it worse?
6-. What comes after.
7-. What can you learn about this?

1-. Is the first approach to the situation. It shows what the querent perceives as the problem.
2-. How is feeling the querent about the problem and how is facing it.
3-. This is suposed to show the root of the problem, the underlying situation or other related issues the querent isnt aware of it. Problems are often like icebergs, card 1 shows the top, what we see, this card shows all the ice that is under.
4-. This tells what the querent can do to make the situation better. Can show too persons or positive external influences.
5-. Opposing at 4. Shows what's not good to do or other elements that can make things go worse, be it people or events.
6-. The next step in the problem, outcome.
7-. This shows what the querent could learn passing through this problem. Can serve like a second advice on how to deal with it in an specific internal level.

I've been trying it and seems to work quite fine. I only had few trouble with reading the cards in 5, but guess is just me. What do you think about it? Any suggestions?
Inana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2003 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #1
Trogon 
Citizen

Inana,

Looks like a pretty good spread to me. I can see how it could be very useful in addressing a specific issue a querrent has.

The #3 card you label as "What is the real problem". But from your explanation, I gather that this is generally going to be about root causes of what the querrent percieves as the problem? So, for example, if a person asks about "why don't I have any friends", this card might show something like King of Wands-reversed - which might indicate, among other things, intolerance, prejudice and so forth. Hmmmm.... yes... I can see this would be a good spread to use for helping someone put a finger on a specific personal issue...

[edited to add;] Oh... just curious... why did you put the layout in the particular pattern that you did? Is there some significance to this?

Thanks for posting this...

"A famous person once said; 'you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time' ... but, as I (an even more famous person) say; 'if you don't teach them to read, you can fool them whenever you like!'"
[Max Headroom]

Last edited by Trogon; 24-06-2003 at 21:55.
Trogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2003 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #2
Inana 
Citizen

Hi Trogon!

About the card 3 (The real problem), yes, i guess it would be most of the time the root of the problem like in your example (sometimes the querent is not conscious about that). Maybe in other issues it can show something you really dont know about it (for example an external factor that is causing your problem) or deeper causes. The label fits well to me because it seems to catch more aspects than calling it the root of the problem.

About the pattern layout... well not any special reason. It put it that way when the idea come to mind.
The 3 first cards make a little triangle. Above what we see, under what is not so clear, and to the left, in the middle how we feel. Those three give us the understanding on the subject at hand.
Then theres a bigger triangle in the inverse sense giving us the influences and advices on the left (good above, bad under). And on the other side card 6 the outcome (right=future), wich closes a little cross with the first 3 cards. The biggest triangle (4-5-6) is what we can change (or not) but still not present or clear to us. Finally, came the idea of the "lesson".
All together reminds me the shape of the point of an arrow, wich is good to fight issues... hehe. No, i see it has a logic but is hard to explain why my brain likes how this pattern fit. Well, im babling, so better i stop.

Thanks for the comments.
Old 26-06-2003 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #3
Mimers 
Citizen

Inana,

I love the directness of this spread. I have added to my collection!

What I like is the 'root' card, and also how you look at helpful and opposing forces.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Mimers

Old 26-06-2003 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #4
Indigo_lady 
Citizen

For card 1 you can use a significator that you've already chosen, lets say that you're doing a reading for someone and you locate a specific problem reflected by a Card, you can use this spread in order to go more in depth, right????

Old 26-06-2003 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #5
Inana 
Citizen

Indigo, I dont use significators often (mainly cause im not good at chosing them), but if you like to use it and have the issue clearly defined, in the position of card 1 will work ok to get more depth and information.

If you try the spread, tell if works fine for you.
Old 26-06-2003 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #6
Trogon 
Citizen

"The Arrow-point Problem Spread"... I like it! An arrow point I can latch on to... although I didn't make that connection at first. Guess my mind was in the wrong gear... That will help me remember the layout a little better.

As for a significator, personally I've kind of stopped using them in readings. I know a lot of people do, and really get a lot out of using them, but for me they never seemed to really add anything to a reading. I like going against the grain though. But I can sure see how a significator would fit in with this spread.

"A famous person once said; 'you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time' ... but, as I (an even more famous person) say; 'if you don't teach them to read, you can fool them whenever you like!'"
[Max Headroom]
Trogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2003 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #7
Herzog 
Citizen

Great spread.

But what if you have a specific problem? How the first position relate to this?
Herzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #8
WingspreadPhoenix 
Citizen

Interesting spread! So could I use this for, say, "Understanding my Money-Spending Problems"? xD I'd love to try this out! Looks good!
WingspreadPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #9
MEG801 
Resident

Lightbulb

I appreciate this one. I just used it and it was very helpful and I plan on using it again. I am still learning about tarot and found this spread very useful and learned from it. Thank you!
MEG801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #10