Cosmic Tarot, Prince of Pentacles

paradoxx

A clear yet partly cloudy day graces the background. A few green mountains and a few birds trace the borders of the landscape. The figure in the forefront wears green adn gold, he iks adornded with a pentacle, it could either be 5 points or 6 since we only see the upper half. His collor is slightly ruffled and his lapel has a faded crown emblem just below his throat.

Behind the prince on the left is a staff with a gold flag, the design on teh top is the glyph of venus, ruler of Taurus, this cards zodiac sign as symbolized by teh longhorned bull atop a butte on the right side of the card. The princes shoulders and cuffs are adorned with ornate latin stylized designs, the princes look is stern, like a bull. This prince looks much like his cups counterpart, in fact it is almost as if one was reincarnated into the other.

There seems to be an overall spanish feeling in this design.

I leave my description at that and give this link for a deeper personal view of this card.
http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13155

LittleWing

he is a definate outdoor type ........... a true taurean. he holds the pentacle close to him - this shows how he cares for his possessions and family.

divinerguy

This Prince represents nationalism, in the flag of his land, and the fences delineating the borders of his land.

The bull and the clothing worn by the Prince also represent wealth. The Pentacle is the emblem of his country.

The epaulettes on his shoulders suggest a military bearing.

In his crossed arms I see a reserved man; one with confidence, and a willingness to defend what belongs to him.

paradoxx

The crown on his collar represents itself as the voice of nobility. perhaps he is an ambassador of goodwill opr of representation. I do not feel a military vibration occuring here despite what the book addresses. I do see natioalism, control, borders and respect thereof, but military is not on my mind. in fact it is the symbol of venus that strikes me as the dominant symbol, not the yellow banner.