Karmic Relationship Spread

lillith

Hi everybody,

I just discovered a new spread that I found fascinating and in-depths.
Although I didn t create it I wanted to share!

It is called " The Karmic Relationship Spread " and I have used it with the Arthurian Legend Tarot, which harmonized wonderfully.

Here we go:

--11--

--9-- --10--

--5-- --7-- --8-- --6--

--2-- --4-- --3--

--1--

1. The Karmic Meaning of the Relationship
2. Your Karmic Inheritance
3. Your Partner`s Karmic Inheritance
4. The Past of this Relationship
5. Your Present Burden/Hopes/Fears
6. Your Partner´s Present Burden/Hopes/Fears
7. What your Partner means to You
8. What you mean to your Partner
9. What you can do for the Relationship
10. What your Partner can do for the Relationship
11. Your Karmic Future Together

I really liked this and it made a lot of sense to me.
I hope you enjoy this spread as well and look forward to feedback.

Love,

Lillith

Elle

Karma Spread

Which deck, besides the one you mentioned you have (Arthurian), can be used with this karmic spread? Does it matter very much?

Warmest,

Elle

lillith

Dear Elle,

I read with the Toth deck as well, this was my first deck. The Arthurian I got last week, it has such beautiful artwork on it and I always loved the legend behind it.
Anyways, I saw this spread done with RW in original and it can be done with any deck responding to it.

Hope I could answer your question.

Love,
Lillith

Teheuti

What exactly is karma? And what is it's relationship to Tarot - how central to Tarot is this relgio/philosophical idea? Do you have to believe in karma to do Tarot? What if the person asking the question doesn't believe in karma but you, the reader, do?

T

Alissa

Teheuti said:
What exactly is karma? And what is it's relationship to Tarot - how central to Tarot is this relgio/philosophical idea? Do you have to believe in karma to do Tarot? What if the person asking the question doesn't believe in karma but you, the reader, do?

T

Karma is a Hindu term, which can be paraphrased as "as you sow, so shall you reap." It encompasses the concept that for each action we take, we must answer for the consequences of them. And, when we wrong others, we are held accountable until we have, spiritually, made a-right.

In Hindu philosophy, this can continue over more than one lifetime, as they include the concept of karma being entwined with reincarnation, and the cycle of rebirth.

The act of reading Tarot cards is in no way inherently Hindu, and therefore one certainly would not need to believe in karma in order to practice reading Tarot cards.

Nor would the person asking the questions need to believe in karma.

And, to the last question, which is ~deep~ ... I believe in karma, but I do not expect the rest of the world to believe in karma, or to follow the Hindu-based belief system that I do, when it comes to spiritual matters.

I believe that those who do not believe as I do are following their own path to God, or Divinity, and I do my best to respect their path as being theirs ... as mine is mine. This means I don't prosletize -- I do not expect them to follow my path to God in order to still find Divinity in their lives.

edited to add : oh yeah! and lillith ... I loved this spread, jotted it down in my journal. Thanks for sharing! :D

firemaiden

Hi Lillith, I loved this spread. I just tried it out. It gave a very interesting result. (my karmic inheritance is the Fool!)

Elle

Karma Spread

My karmic inheritance was the seven of cups! Never able to set my heart on any one thing - so many avenues for my heartstrings/energies to be pulled!

Warmest,

Elle

Alissa

Teheuti said:
It sounds like you would just do a karmic reading for someone who agrees with the idea.

Is the goal to finally make "right" all the wrongs - until you only do right things? Isn't it hard to tell if something will have right versus wrong consequences? Do you think a Tarot reading could tell you that?

What does the "The Karmic Meaning of the Relationship" signify? I haven't heard of a "Karmic Meaning" before. Would it be like the overall task of that relationship in terms of righting the wrong of a previous life together??
Yesterday, I used this spread to do a reading for my husband and I, at his request. My husband does not believe in karma (and is just coming around to Tarot), but knows I do. However, he is willing to entertain the philosophy long enough to "suspend the window of disbelief" and listen to a reading.

So, I would use this spread for anyone who wishes to use it ... even if they don't profess to believe in karma. Sometimes people want to *hear* things without pledging a belief, one way or the other, in what they hear.

The "Karmic meaning of the relationship" was 8 swords for my reading. I read this as a position of servitude and a bonding to each other out of the need to set forth a right. Basing this on my intuition, I was able to weave a tale together with the other cards.

But the thing is with reading past life information (which "karma" would entail of course) it's hard to do ... you're reading in a vacuum. There are no right or wrong answers, because neither of us have a "memory" of the events I talked to him about.

But, in our souls, we have inclinations and we have moral compasses. Example : my husband is repeating a pattern of desired, but skeptical disbelief in several lives with me. I don't want to go into details, but his inclination towards one set of actions comes from the same source inside ... now as it did then. These are the issues that Tarot can bring to the forefront.

Making good every little right in the world is impossible, and it's impossible to look at every situation and figure out the "right" thing to do. Tarot will not tell us how to do that, in my opinion.

Karma steps in when we don't take responsiblity for ourselves and our actions, and makes sure we do. Nothing more. It's like a spiritual law of the universe -- an "organic" law if you will. It does not pass judgment on us ... we pass judgment on us. The Universe just keeps the scales tidy.

I don't know if this is makin any sense ... I haven't finished my first cup of coffee. :)

firemaiden

You know, this is such a good spread -- it could be modified for just one person : your Karmic legacy.

I think it would be fun to see what we all get. :D Maybe I'll start a new thread.

lillith

HI,

I hadn t been online for a while and am truly surprised that you guys liked the spread that much.
Just wanted to mention that.

Love,
Lillith