Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards (Touchkoff)

MoreMagic

There have been just a few mentions of these cards (that I could find) so I thought I'd see if anyone else is using them. I bought a set half price at Borders (the box was smushed on one corner and the plastic was gone). I did a first reading for myself and was very surprised at how straightforward and clear the response was. Anyone else a fan?

cricket

Absolutely! The only thing I really don't like about them is having to refer back to the book again and again. *laughs* It does help to be able to lay them out, write down what comes up, and look everything up later, though. Keeps the kids and the cat out of the middle of the reading if done that way.

MoreMagic

Ha! My late cat (God rest her furry soul) left rump prints over all my layouts. As for the book-meanings, I'm hoping that eventually enough of the text will stick in my brain so that I won't be tied to the books. Hey, it could happen - 100 meanings aren't that many more than 78! :)

MoreMagic

When you get them, Zorya, make sure you post your experience with them. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

lark

I just ordered russian gypsy fortune Telling Cards.

Any of you Russian Gypsies want to come out of your caravan wagons and tell me a little bit more about them? I've got a nice fire going, chi latte, and a comfy log for you to sit on. ;)

catlin

It 's a great deck.

I especially love the fact that the cards look much different from the normal playing card like decks. But keep in mind that you need either a big table or have to do the spread on the floor as it needs a lot of space :D :D

MoreMagic

Hi Lark!

*MoreMagic plunks herself down on the log with bangles jangling and stows her tambourine away *

Yes, you need plenty of surface space to read this deck, and patience the first few times as it can be confusing to get the cards to match up at first. Let us know when you've started - I would love to compare readings with other Russian Gypsies! (Now where is that chai??)

lark

Well, (passing MoreMagic a steaming mug of Chi Latte, Catlin would you like whipped cream on top of yours?) Thank you for coming out a telling me a little more. I have a big beautiful old table that was my Great Grandmothers and it seems to be calling out to be used for my Russian Gypsy Spreads. I'll let you know how it goes and what I think when I get them.
My ordering this deck came about in a strange way. I had seen them before but I was never attracted to them. I was surfing around looking at different decks when I punched the wrong button and this one came up. I was immediately struck by the beauty of it and a strange feeling of comfort/mystery came over me and I ordered it on the spot. This is not like me. Even though I have alot of decks I'm a cautious think about it over night, put it in the cart for later, wish list kind of gal. So I'm very excited about what this deck has to teach me since it seemed to pick me. Namaste
Now how about a little tambourine music?

MoreMagic

It's so much fun when a deck picks you, isn't it? It's only happened to me once, with the Aquarian Tarot, but that will always be a big favorite as a result.

I read for myself today, asking about a situation at work. I made a sudden job switch to get out of a deteriorating situation and, while I like a lot of things about where I am, I felt as if I should be doing a "more important" job elsewhere. I asked whether I should be trying to find my next job and got this message in 3 pictures (I find I generally get 3 pictures in a reading):
"Delay is sometimes designed by fate. Beware of nets that are thrown your way. and Your efforts will bear fruit."
Yikes! I take this to mean, enjoy this interlude, avoid letting others pull you into "bigger" jobs that are not in your interests and eventually the right work will come. Maybe even where I am!

This deck makes me smile! (*Drinks and licks the whipped cream off her lip.*)