Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Spreads

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Agathe 
Citizen

Big spreads

Hey everyone,

I often use 32 and 42 card spread but I don't even know what the last one is called in English. Sometimes I get lost reading it but generally it tells A LOT. I just need to be careful I tell a person everything that's there without omitting sth. The 32 card spread though is very nice and I love it. If you want I can share it with you.
Basically I want to know if when you read someone's cards for, let's say an hour, do you use a big spread or several small ones?

Agathe!

Old 27-11-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Inana 
Citizen

That's too much!!

Hi Agathe!
I get lost with more than 15 cards on a spread. But sure theres people who like you enjoys reading large spreads.

I've never been reading more than half hour for someone, and i prefer small spreads better (from three to seven cards).
Anyway im curious about how looks that 32 spread, so if you want to post it...
Inana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Agathe 
Citizen

Hi Inana,
That's what I thought. People just like small spreads. I'm giving you this 32 card spread. I like it a lot and it's not very complicated :o).

1.....2.....3.....4.....5.....6.....7 --- cause of the present situation

8...9...10...11...12....13 --- present situation

14...15...16...17...18 --- what others do for you and what
against you

19...20...21...22 --- what you will achieve in the matter you're
asking about

23...24 --- the first surprise connected with the matter

25....26....27....28....29....30...31 --- what will happen before the
problems will be solved

32 --- final rasult

I hope it looks clear. If you have any problems or questions...go ahead and ask.

Take care,
Agathe

Old 28-11-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Inana 
Citizen

The spread looks fine for the meanings, but as said before its toooo long to me. Is posible to shorten it a little reducing each position to three cards or so. I mean... why to use too many cards for the cause of the situation for example?
Well... guess is just because you feel comfortable doing so. Is this spread made by you?
Old 28-11-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
Agathe 
Citizen

No, it's not my creation. I think sometimes it's good to use bigger spreads, because then you see more and can understand more WITHOUT drawing additional cards, don't you think?
If you want you can work with this spread shortening it a bit. I believe it's possible. Right?

Take care,
Agathe.

Old 28-11-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
gloria 
Citizen

Hi Agathe,
Your 32 card spread looks interesting, I may give this a try. I agree more cards, more info.
Now tell me when you read first line 1-7 for instance, does it matter in which direction, any particular order, or is it what hits you straight away?
And would this spread be in answer to the querent's question?
Regards Gloria.
gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Agathe 
Citizen

Gloria,

I always used it as a general spread, for questions I use shorter ones. I guess you would have to practice. I also think I will do that as well--thnks for an idea :o).
As far as the first line, it really dpends. You will know. Sometimes only two or three cards really show events and the rest suplement them. It depends what the cards really want to show. But it explains why present situation of a querent is this way and not the other.
I hope this answers your qestions. You see, not everyone likes this spread. For me it's one of the most favourite ones. I don't know why. Some spreads just don't "work" with me.
Please, feel free to ask if you have more questions. I'll be glad to answer them :o).
Have fun with this spread if you use it.

Take care,
Agathe

Old 29-11-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
gloria 
Citizen

Thanks Agathe..........I'm looking forward to trying this out.
G.
gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
Inana 
Citizen

Hi there!
I will also try it but shortening a bit, as you said Agathe, is easy to do so. Thanks for sharing!
Old 29-11-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
Silverlyn 
Citizen

When you guys are doing large spreads for another (especially for a client who's paying you). How in the world do you keep UP with all the meanings of each card and TIE them all together (IN YOUR MIND?!). Do you write down each section of Spread's outcome of that whole Section, then write down the ENTIRE meaning/mood of the Reading (both for the Client to have as well as to keep it all straight in your own mind?).
Silverlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today