The Hierophant

Moonudjat

The Hierophant Emperor and Empress

I just recently purchased the Thoth deck and i'm having some trouble identifing the meaning of The Hierophant. I think i understand the meaning of what most of the icons are, i don't understand what they all mean together. Is it suppose to represent a new birth? I wish someone in my area or in this forum could help me, I have many more questions and egar to learn.

I also have another question. What is the significance of side by side cards like the emperor and the empress facing each other? Also is there any meaning cards that are upside down? I usually keep things in the upright position but just those cards were upside down in the whole deck!

skytwig

Welcome, Moonudjat!!!!

Feel free to introduce yourself in the New Members forum.... We would love to hear something about you and what brought you here....

As to the Thoth deck.... I use it alot.... there is always something more to learn with the deck, so be patient with the process.... it can take some time. :)

The Hierophant, to me, is about things like Order and History and Religion... like ancient spirituality.....

There is a wonderful book, called The Tarot Handbook, by Angelese Arrien, that helps decifer the symbols. You may also enjoy this website: The Royal Road which is totally devoted to Thoth.

Also, you can use the search button, located at the top right of this page, and find threads that have MUCH information about the Hierophant and other Thoth cards..... enjoy :)!!

skytwig :)

Moonudjat

Thanks a lot for the help!!!

skytwig

Oh, you're very welcome! :D

Frequency

My interpretation:

I see the Hierophant as a card representing society, community, family, or just overall a group of people. In a case where it is shown representing a person, it tells me that they are wise and that I should take their advice or follow them. If it represents me, it tells me that I know what I am talking about and I can trust my intuition.
The most important thing to realize is that you can trace these interpretations as meaning someone or a force which is drasticaly affecting your life. Sometimes when I get this card it tells me I am being led, or ordered around.
Another meaning I can take from it (since having the Osho) is that I am at a middle point of something, or I am about to make a descision, or maybe things can't be decided yet and I have to wait for other things to unfold first. Kind of like when I'm excited about something or deeply concerned but I am concerned or excited with it too early.

Diwha

Thanks Skytwig

Thank you Skytwig for the Royal Road.
Very interesting and helpfull
Diwha

Vincent

skytwig said:
Welcome, Moonudjat!!!!

You may also enjoy this website: The Royal Road which is totally devoted to Thoth.

skytwig :)

I went to that website, and I can't really say that I enjoyed it.

This is just one example why;

"...When a card is Upright it is said to be "Dignified" and showing positive aspects. When the card is in the Reverse position (upside-down) it is said to be "III-Dignified" and showing negative aspects..."

There are some crap sites devoted to Thoth, but this has to be one of the worst.

Vincent