I found this spread in Cait Johnson's book, "Tarot for Everyday." Which is a pretty neat book BTW. Here it is:
1. Where you are now, the present situation
2. What's over your head. This can be what's on your mind, or an attitude or habit which keeps you in this situation.
3 & 4. Either side of you. Factors involved in creating the situation.
5. The basis - an issue or event from the past that put you into this situation.
6. Breaking out - what you need to do to get out of this situation.
7. The outside - what it will be like when you are out of the situation. A negative card can indicate that you need this "time out" for more growth and learning.
I did a reading with this and it was awesome.