Do you know a spread to know more about previous lives?

Circe

Hi everybody :)

I'm asking this because a friend of mine who is a witch uses to spread cards (I think she uses an oracle deck) to know about one's past live(s). She did the same for me (I think the answer was quite probalbe and somehow logical), and I really would like to know if there is a spread for Tarot cards which can do the same "work". If you think that oracle decks are more suitable to do it, or that I shouldn't go this way and it is better to forget about past lives for any good reason, tell me.

***!

miss_apples

There was one on here that I think Kiama originally posted that I like to use quite frequently...and its comparing this life time with the last life time...it goes something like this.......

past life situation

1. present life situation 2.

3. Mental Lessons 4.

5. Emotional Lessons 6.

7. Physical Lessons 8.

9. Spiritual Lessons 10.

11. Worldly Lessons 12.

13. Final Outcome of past life/next step in this life 14.

Its 2 columns...the first representing the last lifetime and the 2nd column representing this one and you compare the lessons of last lifetime to this one.

miss_apples

wow moongold...that thread is fascinating but just thinking of the posibility of reading all those cards in that spread makes my brain hurt!

Vynara

:eek::eek::eek: SO very interesting, but my head is spinning...

Circe, I asked that question too at a recent tarot reading, the reader just used 5 cards in a line, with the third card laid higher than the rest. The four "lower" cards depict the course of my past life, while the "higher" single card gives a general outlook.

In fact, the reader I went to used this spread for pretty much all the questions I asked.. is this a common spread or a spread of her own making? Anyone knows? Thanks... Anyway it looks like the following:

*****3****
*1*2***4*5 (usually she lies them overlapping each other)

HudsonGray

It could very well be her own. The lower cards may or may not have position meanings.

I'd be tempted to use positions like:

1.What's holding me in this pattern
2.What can I focus on to learn from this past life
4.Am I here by choice or by other means (guilt, duty, etc.)
5.What circumstances need to be changed to break this...
And--3.overall view of this past life, for good or ill