Personal Year/Current Cycle Spread

WalesWoman

To calculate your personal year/ current cycle card add your birth month and birth date and the current year, reduce those numbers as far as you can and use the corresponding card from the Major Arcana. This will be the Theme of your year, aspects of this card will have some lessons for you to learn from, I’m not sure what all, so that was why I developed this spread to see what to expect from this current cycle. I think whether you begin this when the year changes or at the time of your birthday is completely up to you.

Example:
+**01
+2004
=2013 2+0+1+3=6 Lovers

Layout using Cycle Card as Significator/Focus in center of spread, it should look like a wheel or circle

****4****
*3*****5*
****S****
****1****
*2*****6*
****7****
Personal Year/Current Cycle Spread

Significator.
(First position covers or crosses the Significator)
1. What do I bring to this current cycle?

2. What is this cycles beneficial influence?

3. What blocks or oppositions need I be aware of?

4. What area of my life will be most influenced by this current cycle?

5. What do I need to learn during this cycle?

6. How can I best incorporate these lessons into my life?

7. What will be the most likely result at the end of this cycle? (other than the obvious, beginning a new one)

From Tarot’R’Us Quick short synopsis of what to expect for your personal year http://groups.msn.com/TarotRUs/yourpersonalyear.msnw

miss_apples

Sounds interesting. I liked your other spread to for this subject, I just put my year cycle card as the significator and it worked great! I'll try this one too though ;)

WalesWoman

Thankyou Miss Apples,
I tried about three different versions of this spread before coming up with this one and decided I liked this one best. I wanted it relatively short and simple, but as direct as possible. Vague questions make it so much harder to decipher what the cards actually mean. As always the last question, asking for some kind of outcome is always the hardest one to figure out, or is for me anyway. I almost dropped that question entirely, but couldn't resist asking anyway.

I'd really enjoy seeing your results if you don't mind. It's interesting to see how everyone using the same spread comes up with so many interesting and different interpretations, of course each of us being unique and all...but even drawing the same cards leads to such different interpretations and that is where I learn the most, seeing the different meanings for the same cards and what people get from them.

Inana

Hi, Wales Woman!
This one looks good, i like the questions you've chosen for the spread. Im going to try it myself and see how it works. Thanks for sharing!

miss_apples

I'll post my results w/the spread as soon as I get a chance to try it out in the readings section. Hopefully if my son will take a decent nap today I'll get a chance too...lol