The Quest Tarot: Ouija Divination?

Centaur

Forgive my ignorance, but as far as I am aware the Quest tarot can also serve as a ouija board.

I would be interested in hearing the experiences of anyone who has this deck and who has used it for that purpose.

C

BlueLotus

I looked thoroughly throughout the introductory pages before card interpretations and did not find anything about Ouija.

I know it should be there, but I was unable to find it .:rolleyes:

Instead I went ahead and did the I-ching feature , and found my two hexagrams on pages 65-66; another cool feature

Centaur

Hi Feebie, ;)

Strange... I am sure that I read on the Llewelyn website that the deck could be used in connection with ouija. I wondered if perhaps there were letters on the cards or anything?

C

BlueLotus

Centaur

There is a yes/no feature through which you can find out the answer to your question by following the direction of the two daggers on each court card.

If you have the book check out page 19

This feature uses only the court cards, with each having these two daggers on them, either facing upward (yes), downward (no), or either directions (answers comes from the past-left/future-right )- so I guess in a way this is similar to ouija .

I tried the yes/no feature a couple of times , but unfortunately it did not give me accurate answers every time .

Other features that are ouija board clones are a bit more complex, and I am yet to read them and find out some more.

*back to work*

Centaur

Feebie said:
Centaur

There is a yes/no feature through which you can find out the answer to your question by following the direction of the two daggers on each court card.

If you have the book check out page 19

This feature uses only the court cards, which each has these two daggers on them, either facing upward (yes), downward(no), or both directions (maybe)- so I guess this is similar to ouija in a way.

Hi Feebie,

Yes, perhaps the daggers are what are being referred to in it's apparent usefulness as a ouija tool...

Unfortunately, I do not have the book nor the deck. Just I saw the box-set on Llewelyn, and I thought I would post to find out more and also to find out if anyone had used the deck for ouija purposes, and if so, what the outcome was.

Thanks for your input!

C

Moonbow

Hi Centaur

I think you may be referring to the spelling out of words. The cards have 'very' small letters on them. You ask a question and for every word in the question you pull a card so if you ask: Can I find out someone's name using the Quest Tarot? You would pull 10 cards. You would then write down the letters from the cards and do anagrams. I have tried this with one success and one failure, in fact you may like to see this thread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21556

which of course is the failure!!!!

But I think there is potential for this, my daughter has devised her own method of using the letters (which I can't remember off hand). It's definately something worth having a little play with I think.

Moonbow* :)

Majecot

Hi Centaur
I too have this deck, and once my friend and I tried to have it spell out the name of some one, but with out success.
It did not spell anything legible. I figured we must have been doing it wrong...lol

I haven't used any of the other features in the deck, only as tarot. This deck does boast of being a tool for different forms of divination, however that isn't the reason i bought it. I bought it because I liked the pretty pictures. :D

miss_apples

After reading all this...I have GOT to get this tarot deck!

Centaur

Hi Moonbow* and Majecot,

Thanks for the input. I think that is probably what the ouija reference was all about then... the spelling out of names, etc.

I wonder if anyone has actually been successful with it!

And, Majecot, I too think that the images are alluring! ;)

mingbop

i have tried it but with no success and the letters are really tiny