The Quest Tarot - The Magician

prk001

His face looks more like a Type A personality, who knows what he wants to do & How to achieve it & the confidence that he can do it anytime.
He is seated on a golden throne with wings.
Looks like the throne can transport him to wherever he wishes. He doesn't have to cross difficult terrains like the fool. If he has to do it, I don't know how happy he will be doing it.

He has the wand on his right hand. The infinte symbol on the wand signifies that he has the infinite power of the wand. This shows that no matter how powerful the tool is, if it is in fool's hands he will probably use it as a stick or staff, but the Magician knows how to use the power of the wand and control it at his will.

A Cup, Stone and a Sword are lying around his throne at his disposal. This signifies that he has all the wordly things at his command.The Crystal above his head is shining & there is a connection of white light from the crystal to the throne. This may indicate that he knows how to harness the universal power for whenever he needs.

There are two bright pillars on either side of him. I am not sure at this moment what these pillars indicate.

Majecot

I would say those pillars are about the powerful energy that he draws from the universe, the way in which he channels that pwoer.

He is a magnifcant magician. He uses all resources available to him to conjour the solution.

I do not see him as a trickster as some books refer to him as, but more so a creator.

As in people, this is one that makes things happen. Self motivated, skillful, original. Performs with such ease that it looks like magic ;)

on the reversal, I see the blockage of those skills.

prk001

When I notice the card after reading your post, those pillars make sense to me.
Like some Energy healers who channel the Universal Energy through one hand and pass it to the patient through the other one, the Magician looks like he is drawing the energy through the right hand & sending the energy through the left hand to create whatever he wishes.

Moonbow

The Magincian

Transmutation......

This is a very masculine card. The Magicain is manifestation. He rediates power and energy - the pillars are his life force (they remind me of the Star Trek generators). He sits in his illuminated throne soaking up the power around him, ready to transform it. He is comforatable in the Universe and uses its power.

Tabby

Very Much Star Trek

I just barely got my new Quest Tarot finally...lol I have been looking at the Magician as well as other cards from my deck. And I agree the Magician looks like something out of Star Trek. Or at least the visuals in the card does. Actually, in some cases when I was looking at all my cards this afternoon I was thinking about how much it reminded me of something that you would find on that show or some other sci-fi show or movie I've seen...lol