The Quest Tarot - The Empress

Shesawolf

(I didn't find any other threads on this card, hopefully I'm not duplicating one...)

I'm wondering (and hopefully this isn't too crass)... has anyone other than me noticed exactly what the two columns are that The Empress is standing between?

http://69.36.166.22/site_fldr/cards/cards_major.html

It's so sensual - she's partly lit and mostly in the dark... a mystery... surrounded by symbols of fecundity.

She covers herself a bit - but not entirely - she's proud of her body but understands the need for protecting herself. She's modest but not prudish.

I gotta tell ya.. I love this card!

Emily

Hi Shesawolf,

Yes I noticed lol - took me a couple of seconds though to realise what they were. It is a beautiful card, very different from what the Empress card usually looks like. She's not frumpy, or pregnant - she is as the keyword says the picture of femininity.

I've only had the Quest for a few days and am still working my way through it but the link you posted was my first real introduction to this deck - it's as lovely as the scans show - I'm having alot of fun getting to know it.

prk001

Does anyone know what the empress is holding in her right hand?

Moonbow

prk001 said:
Does anyone know what the empress is holding in her right hand?

Well is says in the book its the scepter of fire and air representing the union between herself and the Emperor but I've been googling and I can't find any mention of a 'fire and air sceptor' (all I found was a nice Ankh picture- which doesn't apply at all).

The crystal above her head also appears as a prism in the Gendron deck for the Emperor and Empress and apparently means 'expanding matter'. Could that mean birth and reproduction?

This card gives the feeling of gentleness and femininity and by showing her standing on top of the world it also says she 'is' nature.

prk001

The Empress looks more feminine and at the same time confident of who she is. She is not shy or having any conflicts with her feminine qualities.

JosephMartin

The Empress Card

First of all, what wonderful insights you all have about this card.

Even the pillars are "pregnant" in their shape and the images of the breasts show bring forth nourishment and life. There is the repetition of many circles in this design, to emphasize the feminine.

Personally, I love strong women. My best friend is highly intellight and straight-forward.... and a women.

My Empress is a highly creative women who is unafraid. She manifests highly creative solutions that are literally brilliant and shares her ideas with the Emperor, who puts these ideas into action.

The shadows are for modesty but I would have perfered a slightly brighter card.

yours in the cards,
Joseph

prk001

Me too, I would have preferred a brighter card. Probably because I got used to looking Empress as a brighter card & was expecting the same on this deck too. But, still the card looks great & stirs my imagination.

dancer

Empress-Indication in a spread?

Hello...

My question, and I do struggle with this...what are the implications of the Empress card in itself. Both upright and reversed.

I do not mean it's implications to person or a person's attributes. But in the card standing alone. How do you read this card when seeking guidance or info on a situation, or event?

What comes to mind immediately?

I see it as a card of light and direction. A card of focus, indicative of calm, a leveling aproach to a situation, depending on the surrounding cards, indicated or needed.

The reversal of the card I see as a situation that is become unbalanced. Or the seeker has turned their focus away from what needs to be addressed. A refusals to embrace a situation.

My goal is to internalize the Quest Deck. Not to memorize and quote Mr. Martin's interpretations. No offense to Mr. Martin....I thank him for the deck. But as in intuitive reader, I seek a balance of what I have read, Mr., Martin's book, and what I feel. My goal is, when a card comes up in a spread to feel/know what it is saying...not to struggle or consciously seek what it means.

:cool:
dancer